Technology Business Consultant
Hubert A. Williams, e-mail: email@example.com, Phone: 202-***-****, Washington, DC.
Accomplished in sales, marketing, engineering, and support of technology products and services. Proven abilities in achieving revenue goals, implementing technical solutions, and business development strategies. Technical knowledge includes: software engineering, web applications, cloud computing, VTC and collaboration, video streaming, mobile data collection and messaging, open data APIs. Highly motivated, versatile team player that enjoys learning new technologies, and helping organizations and customers solve business problems. Experienced in federal and commercial markets.
Technology Business Consultant, Washington DC January 2010 – Present
• Consulting Business Developer for Magpi LLC, Washington DC. Developed and executed business and technical strategies to expand mobile data collection and messaging business at USDA, DOS, HHS, VA, USAID, UN, DC Gov. Utilized Magpi API to enhance data collection platform capabilities.
• Consulting Business Developer at RDM International, Chantilly, VA. Won multiple task orders for FAA Airport Pavement Management Systems program. Contributed to RDM’s API SaaS strategy in support of FAA’s Airport Geographic Information System (AGIS) program.
• Consulting Systems Engineer for Georgetown Computer Consultants, Washington, DC. Organized and recruited proposal teams members to pursue IT opportunities in federal and state agencies. Task lead for integrating Skype video conferencing with EPA STORET Water Quality Field Support Program.
• Consulting Project Manager for Global Language Networks, Inc (GLN), Washington, DC. Selected Salesforce.com as GLN’s cloud platform and implemented SOAP web services for integration with legacy enrollment registration web application.
• Consulting Marketing Manager for Howard University (HU), Washington, DC. Planned eCommerce strategy for sales of textbooks and research publications. Leveraged Amazon Product Advertising API as a demand creation tool for HU and other HBCU institutions to increase publication sales and reach international markets.
• Consulting Technology Advisor for U.S. Congress, Washington, DC. Advised Congressional Offices about VTC/Collaboration technologies. Procured and installed VTC and IPTV solutions for Congressional Offices. Coordinated web conferencing Town Hall Meetings for House Members over the Internet using Adobe Connect conferencing technology.
• Consulting Knowledge Analyst for NIH, Bethesda MD. Developed semantic web solutions for selecting grant application scientific reviewer panel members. Defined Scientific Category Ontology (SCO) and Scientific Expert Expertise Ontology (SEEO). Aligned SCO and SEEO using Jena and Pellet reasoning APIs.
• Consulting Project Coordinator for DOI, Bureau of Land Management. Conducted semantic web seminars for Bureau staff and contractors responsible for oil and gas drilling permits processing.
Resume: H.Willams cont.
VT Group, Inc., Gaithersburg, MD July 2004 – August 2009
Sales and Marketing Manager
• Developed sales and marketing strategies for multimedia communication technology solutions. Increased revenue 600% through direct sales of video conferencing and related application software and services.
• Captured new business at the: U.S. Congress, Architects of the Capitol, Library of Congress, Capitol Police, GAO, U.S. Navy (NAVSEA, SPAWAR), U.S. Army (AMCOM), and other agencies.
• Deployed over 200 VTC and large display solutions nationwide to Congressional Offices, and the Army Aviation Missile Command (AMCOM) at CONUS/OCONUS sites.
• Participated in design, development, and marketing of the Audio-Video Capture System for the NAVSEA Total Ship Training Support System program.
• Expanded technology portfolio to include intelligent video CCTV capabilities. Coordinated proof-of-concept of automated video surveillance capabilities to the City of Rockville MD police department.
• Managed reseller relationships with Microsoft, Polycom, Tandberg, AMX, Samsung, Pioneer, Electrograph and other AV and IT suppliers. Earned favorable discounts and pricing, maintained staff certifications, and provided product line training.
• Organized and repurposed past performance capabilities, assembled proposal teams, and won contract awards including: Seaport-e, House of Representatives SETA, State of Maryland CATS, Defense Intelligence Agency SITE, and GSA Alliant procurements.
• Conducted statewide “Audio Visual IT Solutions” marketing campaigns targeting schools, associations, and Fortune 2000 firms in DC, MD, and VA.
• Established new revenue streams for digital signage and video streaming solutions at Maryland Public Schools, Washington Legal Foundation in DC, Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
Burst.com Inc., San Francisco, CA. July 1999 – June 2004
East Coast Account Manager/Sales Engineer
• Developed business and technical strategies for sales of Burstware, “Faster-Than-Realtime”, video streaming technologies targeting: corporate communications, entertainment, distance learning, video hosting, and Set-Top-Box opportunities.
• Managed a productive sales partnership with eight geographically dispersed Area Sales Executives and Business Development Directors.
• Recruited and managed value added partners booking over $3M/yr in product licenses, hosting services, and reseller agreements. Arranged meetings between Burst executives and NYC venture capitalist firm resulting in $7M in second round funding. Coordinated customer requirements with product engineering, marketing, and sales management.
• Regularly, prepared sales forecast, status reports, and feedback to sales management and engineering product development.
• Led and coordinated customer demonstrations of Burstware technology at national trade shows and customer seminars.
• Supported product engineering on Burstware SDK integration with 3rd-part video encoders and video archival and search applications. Assisted in producing Burstware webcast of the “U2 Pop Mart Internet Concert” viewed by 500,000 viewers worldwide.
Resume: H.Willams cont.
Stratus Computer Corp. Marlboro, MA January 1993 – December 1998
Senior Sales Systems Engineer
• Significant contributions in growing regional revenue from $20 million to over $62 million annually. Exceeded assigned $2M/yr quota in sales of Stratus fault-tolerant “Continuous Availability” hardware and software products. Won nomination to Winners Circle Club for outstanding sales achievements.
• Led sales training of the Hewlett Packard federal sales force on Stratus HP-UX platform enhancements for mission critical applications.
• Implemented messaging and e-commerce applications at AOL, DOD/Defense Message System (DMS), Department of Treasury, and Security Exchange Commission (SEC). Implemented Real-Time Unix solution for NASA Data Acquisition applications. Led project for porting Netscape Suitespot Server to Stratus platforms.
• Led migration project for Novell Netware applications transition to fault-tolerant Unix environment at Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) in Washington DC.
• Developed U.S. Dept. of Education “Discretionary Grantee Performance Compliance Training”, eLearning system. Coordinated proposal efforts targeting U.S. Dept. of Transportation interactive multimedia and web application projects.
• M.S. Computer Science, Johns Hopkins University
• B.S. Mathematics, University of Maryland University College
Additional Courses and Training
• Strategic Selling, Capture Planning, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning,
• Technology Management, Marketing Management, Industrial Marketing
• Polycom Video, Voice, and Network Solutions
• Samsung Digital Signage, Infocomm AV Essentials
• Windows 10/8.1/XP/2003/2000/NT, iOS, Android, Linux, HP-UX, VOS, FTX, OS/32, MVS
• Servlets, JSP, JEE, .NET, XML, XSLT, SOAP, WSDL, REST, RDF, OWL
• Dreamweaver, Flash, ActionScript, MYSQL, MSSQL, CXF, Jenna, Pellet, Protégé, Eclipse,
• NetBeans, Glassfish, Tomcat, Weblogic, MPEGx, H.264, TCP/IP, H.323, ISDN, SIP
• MS Office, Windows Media, Salesforce/Force, Skype, Lync, Polycom, Tandberg, Adobe Connect