MICHAEL H. TATE
SUMMARY: Looking for a permanent position in Telecommunications, NOC, Helpdesk Technician, Customer Service or Retention Specialist. Dealing with customers is my strong points to my professionalism, Team building skills, Analytical and problem solving skills, Decision making skills, Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, Ability to prioritize tasks and complete assignments, Strong documentation skills, Strong client-facing skills, Troubleshooting, Networking, and multi-tasking skills, work well under pressure, team first to achieve goals.
SAFELITE AUTO GLASS Retention Specialist, Plano, TX. Mar 15 – Aug 15
*Worked daily with Executive Services in Columbus,OH. and locally with disgruntled, dissatisfied, complaints from customers
*Offered discounts, promotions and various methods to retain customers
*Mediator between management and technicians issues/concerns
*Worked daily with techs/customer to resolve insurance premium matters
*Dispatched technicians to various regions to install glass
AT&T MSC/RNOC DS3 Mobility Technician Dallas, TX. Apr 13 - Mar 15, Contractor June 12 - Apr 13
* Highlight (EOM) employee of the month OCT 2013 Net Ops Star Performance Technician
* Strengths & abilities multi-tasking, keeping critical time lines, work well under pressure, attention to detail, procedures, people person & excellent co-worker
* Organization Member: OASIS Executive Peer Group Mentoring Program
* Responsibilities include remote testing & opening CTS tickets for the field on new Add and Disco orders.
* Knowledge of DACS 5500/532L/1630/1671/1631/1677, T.E.M.S. Trunking App for fallouts holding up circuit disco's & turn-ups, NIS Portal, Remedy/CANOPI CTS Ticketing, Granite Inventory, Net Analyst, NESA, IWOS ticketing system
* Troubleshoot and coordinate work between different LECS for testing circuits
* Implement company MOPS for the proper provisioning of assigned work orders
* Test & Turn-up of DS3, OC3, OC12, & OC48 Work Orders
* Decommissioning of Alcatel, FW 4500, and Tellabs Nationwide Digital Access Equipment
* Courses completed while with AT&T: AT&T Network Leadership, AT&T Emergency Preparation & Response, Emergency Prepardness, IP Network Basics/Routing, IP Addressing/Subnetting and Routing, IP Network Control Mgmt, Ethernet Backhaul, AWS Cloud, Virtualization and Cloud Computing, Technology Transformation Certification, Network Aspects of Project VIP, Automation Transformation, Infrastucture/Information/Connectivity/Mobility/Communication Transformation, Records and Info Mgmt Awareness, Technologies in Motion, AT&T VoIP Architecture, Yang Data Modeling Language, Voice & Video Over IP, IP Convergence, Intro to VoIP, QoS in IP Networks, TCP and Transport Layer Protocols, Interconnect IP Networks I, Big Data, User Defined Network Cloud, MPLS Technology, SDN, API, IPV6, Ethernet VLANS, Ethernet Basics, Ethernet Bridging, Open flow, ONS and SNMP.
Level 3 Communications CTI Install Technician Tulsa OK Dec 07- Dec 11
* Highlight (EOM) Employee of the Month, Aug 2011 made $89,000 out of 4 million profit for the month.
* Circuit is designed and provisioned cross-connects made circuit built & pre-tested w/OSP then with customer.
* OC192's to DS0 testing, Worked with LEC's,OSP,Acct Mgrs,Design,Provisioners daily.
* Worked daily with customers testing and turning up circuit.
* Trained:(DACS:Nortel,DMS200/500,1671,Alcatel,Infinera,Lucent)WaveStar, Clarify, Core Director, Centest, Telcove, POPs WE, Cerent, NED, BPM Nortal, Spyglass, Order, Circuit Vision
*NextGen, Storm, WARP, Trailblazer Web Putty, SenAPS, Net Analyst, Granite
Level 3 Communications NOC: Maintenance Technician Tulsa OK Jul 07-Dec 07
* Trouble-shooting downed lines from OC192's to DS0's. Dealt directly with customer, vendors, OSP, Acct Managers
* Daily Network alarm issues trouble shooting with Tier I, II, III groups.
MCI Telecommunications Network Engineer III, Tulsa, OK. Sep 99 - Aug 03
* Responsible for 960,000 lines daily troubleshooting T-1 & trunk group alarms
* Responsible for (6) of (17) Siemens Switch Sites throughout the U.S.
*PITTSBURGH, DETROIT, FLORIDA, MILWAUKEE, SACRAMENTO, TEXAS
* Patching to make Non interruptions traffic affecting changes in Switch
* Patching features done weekly for customer lines
* Duties included Software/Hardware manipulation of Siemens Switch
* Trained in Siemens/DMS 200/500, Alcatel DXE, Nortel Access Nodes
* Weekly conference calls for internal fixes with Siemens technicians
* Cross-trained with Network Operations Center, SS7 group, Provisioning
MCI/Detroit Switch Site Tech III Detroit, MI Apr 96 – Sep 99
* Worked with OSP to install PBXS and turning ports up in Siemens Switch, daily maintenance on Alcatel DXEs,
* Peripheral equipment which runs off of ports such as: Modems, Computers, Printers, Faxes, Copiers
* Patching to make non interrupted traffic affecting changes in the Switch
* Testing daily OC-48 to DS0’s, Alcatel DXE, Trunks
* Monthly generator backup test,
* Daily T1 & DS3 testing with AT&T for circuit turn ups
* Worked daily with Sales, Outside Plant, Translations, Circuit Design, Provisioning team
* Daily wiring of circuits on main frame, Alcatel DXE, Turned up T1's, trunks in Siemens Switch
Leader Quest currently enrolled CCNA, A+, C+, CISCO Security
National Institute of Technology Livonia MI. Business Operations
Washtenaw Community College Ann Arbor, MI. Business Management
Washtenaw Community College Ann Arbor, MI. Info Data Processing Vocational
Ypsilanti High School Ypsilanti, MI. Graduate