CHRISTOPHER L. SHREWSBURY
**** *********** ***** *******, **. 30017 678-***-**** OBJECTIVE Seeking to change careers and work with people who make a positive difference in their company. Ideal company empowers its employees to meet the challenges of tomorrow through positive communication, training, and a solid commitment to their Customers. QUALIFICATION • A broad range of assignments over the past 20 years, focusing mainly in the wireless RF design & equipment Engineering; technical support & sales for macro & in building projects. This has afforded me the opportunity to support a majority of the Country’s major wireless operators. SUMMARY • Experience in staffing and training RF engineers, field technicians, and various product/project managers.
• Extensive cell site network design, construction & performance experience on macro and in-building DAS systems.
• Exceptional written & communication skills, problem solving skills, and a solid technical aptitude.
• Experience with major 2G/2.5G/3G/4G BTS cabinets along with use of TEMS & troubleshooting platforms.
• Working knowledge of various OEM MMI switch commands for network optimization and channel maintenance. WORK CCI (06/12 – 11/15)
EXPERIENCE Sales Manager, Technical Support Southeast
• Develop Customer Relationships to determine strategies to implement new 4G antenna solutions.
• Involved in the design and development of new product working closely with product line management.
• Successful in cold calling and setting up meetings with potential Clients.
• Perform pre and post-sales support including presentations to various levels of management regarding RET/RRH
• Including VSWR, MIMO, PIM.
• Review technical documents to ensure proper nomenclature and technical details.
• Work close with shipping and finance to ensure delivery dates are met and Client expectation are exceeded. COMBA-TELECOM San Jose, California (03/08 – Jan 2012) Systems Engineering Manager, North America
• Responsible for supporting all pre & post technical Sales initiatives including BD & RFP support
• Engaged PLM & R&D in developing a long term strategy to modify or enhance the current product portfolio for NAM.
• Spearheaded the development of a universal AISG compliant Remote Electrical Tilt (RET) controller with 3rd party.
• PM the successful field trials for the Comba 160W Multi-Carrier Power Amplifier for AT&T.
• Developed & maintained various technical documentation including the field user manual for the Comba MCPA,
• Currently working with Sales to introduce the Comba licensed microwave PL to the North American marketplace. TENXC WIRELESS Ottawa, Canada (01/07 – 02/08)
Sr. Sales Engineer, Major Accounts North America
• Prepare & deliver technical presentations for the new Bi-Sector ‘phased’ Array & high gain antenna products.
• Coordinated field trials of the BSA with various CDMA & GSM carriers throughout North America.
• Utilize field trial results to assist Product Line Management in further development of the BSA product. ANDREW CORPORATION Atlanta, GA (05/06 – 01/07)
RF Systems Engineer, Major Accounts Southeast
• Technical lead between the Customer base and product line group; supporting antennas, MCPA & TMA(s), filters, Off-air repeaters, cable/connectors, RF drive test equipment as well as in-building DAS solutions.
• Worked closely with the Customer defining workable solutions that supported their requirements.
• Coordinated all initial field trials and pre-sales training & presentations for most of the Andrew product portfolio.
• Assisted Product Line group on various turn-key RFI/RFP proposals (mostly MCPA & in-building related projects). Page 2 of 3
BECHTEL TELECOMMUNICATIONS Atlanta, GA (03/02 – 05/06) RF Program Lead on Cingular/ATT Wireless 3G GSM/UMTS Project for National Bechtel Program Team
• Responsible for providing technical oversight, support, quality, cost and guidance to market engineers on cell site RF equipment/electrical design related activities.
• As the Bechtel Project RF SME, responsibilities included technical/staffing RFQ proposal deliverables to BD.
• Perform engineering design reviews in accordance with Cingular/ATT guidelines and standards.
• Prepare engineering procedures and technical specifications and training courses (e.g. developed the national RF sweep test document) for the national engineering and construction groups.
• Responsible for developing project wide electrical, grounding, teleco, and RF drawings and guidelines to support the installation of Siemens, Nokia, Lucent and Ericsson indoor and outdoor 850/1900 GSM/UMTS cabinets and associated RF equipment for raw land, roof top and co-located sites via Visio program.
• Review market practices and develop project change orders with staff estimators as the scope of work deviates from the national contract.
• Negotiate work process improvements (e.g. Six Sigma principles) with the Client to increase work productivity without sacrificing network quality.
AT&T WIRELESS SERVICES Atlanta, GA (05/96 – 01/02) Engineering Support Manager - Southeast Region (08/99 – 01/02) The mission of the Regional Engineering Team was to manage the installation and integration of all growth and new site base station RF/teleco/support equipment. Ten members staffed my team with areas of expertise ranging from project and equipment management to specialists that supported the daily procurement, budgeting, scheduling, and asset management activities.
• Consistently met all National Network Quality goals and new cell site project targets for the Southeastern Region.
• Selected to be the Southeast technical advisor to the National Voice Path program for primary equipment vendors.
• Provided personal coaching and mentoring including timely annual evaluation reviews & development plans for each employee.
• Meticulously maintained the integrity of the budget and schedule on a daily basis.
• Responsible for SE annual radio growth budget (incl. material procurement & tracking capital expenditures).
• Instrumental in the development of various nationally adopted equipment standards & service methods.
• Developed and presented a series of comprehensive Voice Path Training Programs for both SE staff and vendors.
• Maintained an open door policy with employees that encouraged team building and cooperative relationships.
• Prepared and delivered various formal technical and project status presentations to Sr. AWS management. Sr. RF Wireless Engineer (05/96 - 08/99)
• Responsible for all TDMA/GSM link budget design activities for a 140+ new cell site build in Atlanta Ga.
• Lead engineer on the 97’ design and optimization team for AT&T’s new 1900 market launch of 200+ sites in Atlanta
• Instrumental in developing and implementing operational strategies to maintain overall system integrity.
• Developed and performed in-house training for all technical operations and engineering personnel.
• Successfully led the engineering design team through the first National Build-to-Suit project for AT&T Wireless.
• Active in supporting all network growth projects for the Atlanta BTA including a number of ION B DAS projects.
• Represented RF Engineering department to establish guidelines to link a multitude of databases to a national database which included information from departments like engineering, lease & acquisition, site and switch assets, legal and finance as well as the transport group.
WIRELESS TECHNICAL SERVICES Charlotte, NC (07/95 - 05/96) RF Wireless Engineering Contractor for Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile, North & South Carolina
• Designed and implemented TDMA frequency retunes for the Charlotte MSA to maintain a sufficient C/I for the network.
• Assisted in the design and implementation of processes that maintained blocking metrics below 2%.
• Worked jointly with Network and Traffic Engineers to resolve customer related issues.
• Participated extensively in both the CDMA & CDPD integration of existing analog markets.
• Coordinated with FCC & adjacent markets on frequency allocation and contour extensions projects. U.S. MARINE CORPS (Active Duty 85' - 89')
Lance Corporal E-3, Honorably Discharged 3/25/90
• Avionics/communication Technician MOS(6345); Cross Training: Metal smith Apprentice; Corrosion Control technician.
Page 3 of 3
• Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining all electrical and communication equipment primarily on the Sikorsky CH-53E helicopter.
• Cellular Analysis Equipment: Ericsson and Motorola Switch MMI language, TEMS, Cellumate, RSAT 85/2000,
• EXP 2001, Comarco NES 1500, Wiltron Site Master S330/S331, signal generators, power meters, Spectrum & Networ Analyzers
• UNIX Software: CellCAD, CellQUEST, MATLAB, Maple, P-Spice, Tango, etc
• Windows: All Microsoft Office Applications, CMS post-processing software, MapInfo, etc
• Languages: Some knowledge in C, C++ programming, some PLC ladder logic EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA at CHARLOTTE, NC (90'-95') BS, Electrical Engineering, May 1995, GPA 3.11/4.0 (Emphasis on Controls & Feedback; Optical Devises) CRAVEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE New Bern, NC (88' - 90')
Associate in Applied Science, Electronic Engineering Technology, May 1990, GPA 4.0/4.0 HONORS • Formally recognized by Bechtel Sr. management in 05’ for exceeding project expectations.
• Individual nomination and National AT&T Quality Team winner (company sponsored trip to US Virgin Islands).
• Presented with a number of excellent achievement awards by peers and associates at AT&T Wireless.
• Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Craven Community College in North Carolina
• Awarded the military Good Conduct Medal, (U.S.M.C.).
• Received numerous letters of recognition for outstanding military performance.