Odessa, Zabolotniy str., Ukraine
Igor Shevchenko - Skype: ihor.shevchenko
Senior Java Developer e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of birth:18.07.1986
Senior Java Developer.
September 2001 – June 2006 Odessa Technical College
- a faculty “Computer engineering”
- Bachelor of Science
September 2006 – June 2008 Odessa National Polytechnic University
- a faculty “Computer networks and systems”
- Diploma of specialist
- Profession: Engineer of computer networks and systems
May 2014 – present time Senior Java Developer
Project: Travel Domain
- Development of distributed web-services
- Unit testing
Technologies and tools: Java 7, REST - Spring MVC, Spring Framework (DI, RestTemplate), Json, JUnit,
Mockito, Mock MVC, Maven, Tomcat, CouchBase DB, Jackson, Git, OSGI(Eclipse Virgo).
Justice Data Solutions
July 2013 – present time Java Lead Developer
Project: Jail Managements System – http://www.justicedatasolutions.com/
Web Based Application which helps to store and identify criminals.
The System provides for the capture and storage of:
Demographic information, Charges, Scars, Marks, Tatoos, Property, Medical History, Visitors, Photos
and so on.
- Took part in system design
- Developing application functionality
- Writing unit tests
- Adopting existing system for new customers
Technologies and tools: Java 6, Servlet, JSP, Struts, SQL, Hibernate, FlyWay, Criteria API, JPA 2.0, JDBC,
PostgreSQL, SVN, HTML, XPath, XSLT, Jasper Soft, Trello
January 2012 – May 2014 Senior Java Developer
Project: Digital Map Compiler – http://www.nds-association.org/
Development of the digital map conversion platform, that compiles maps suitable for embedded car
navigational systems(Navigational Data Standard). Mainly was involved in development of “Basic Map Display”
buildingblock which is responsible for displaying different object types ( roads, buildings, green zones, water
features etc.) with the different attributes on the different map’s levels.
- Take part in project's features implementation
- Data analysis and technical writing
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems (where it's possible)
- Optimize SQL queries to decrease map compilation time
- Code review, refactoring
Technologies and tools: JDBC, JPA 2.0, OSGI, Eclipse RCP, JaxB, Ant, PostgreSQL, SQLite, JUnit, SVN,
February 2010 – January 2012 Java Developer
Project: The OSGI based framework for analysis and verification of a navigation maps compliance to the modern
automotive Navigation Data Standard (NDS).
- Provide optimizations for handling a huge volumes of navigation data with respect to strict memory and time
- Participate at decision making regarding architecture and design of the project
- Consult team members about project's questions
- Deputy of the team leader
- Mentor junior team members
Technologies and tools: Java SE, JDBC, Hibernate, OSGI, EHcache, TestNG
May 2008 – February 2010 Java Developer
Project: Advisory Board project. Supplier Portal. Supplier Admin Portal.
• Implementing new functionality based on the user stories.
• Took part in system design
• Covered code with unit tests
• Set up performance research tests
• Bug fix.
Technologies and tools: Java 6, Spring MVC/IoC/DI, Hibernate, SVN, Git, Maven, JUnit, EasyMock, JBehave,
Websphere, Oracle, Jenkins, HP ALM(QC).
August 2007 – May 2008 Software Developer in Test
Project: HP Business Service Management (BSM) is a complete business service management solution that
integrates network, server, application and business transaction monitoring. It connects business services to
underlying infrastructure and applications, allowing you to prioritize service outages with the most impact. This
results in better quality of services at a lower cost to your business. HP BSM integrates easily with other HP IT
management solutions, including Operations Center, Network Management Center and Application Performance
• High level test documentation updating and maintenance. Assistance in creation test strategy, test plan, release
• Test automation advanced - considering and deployment the automation framework, automation test strategy
selection, creation/maintenance/run automation tests
• Analyze and estimate testing efforts for Change Requests.
• Regression tests strategy selection
• Writing full current status of the project/release/new feature including key issues.
• Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test deliverables and test environments used
• Provide technical guidance/trainings to junior-level test engineers.
Odessa Port Plant
August 2005 - August 2007 Software Developer
- Automatic control systems process (algorithms development);
- PLC Siemens SIMATIC S7 programming;
- Technology process visualization system developing based on Wonderware Intouch10;
- Working with Macromedia Flash 5.
Java Core, Design Patterns, OOP, TDD
Programming and Markup Languages:
Java, SQL, HQL.
Technologies and Frameworks:
Servlets, JSP, JPA, Criteria API, Apache Struts, Spring (DI, MVC), XML, XSD, JAXB, SAX, DOM, HTML, XPath, XSLT,
REST Services, Json, Jackson, Jersey.
Websphere,Tomcat, Eclipse Virgo.
MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, CouchBase.
Unit Testing Tools:
JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, Mock MVC, JBehave
Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
Continuous Integration and Repository Management:
Development Environment and Bug Tracking Systems:
JIRA, HP Quality Center, BugZilla, Trello
Source Version Control:
Perforce, SVN, Git
Ant, Maven, Gradle
- Ukrainian – native;
- Russian – native;
- English – Fluent (oral & written).
Responsible, reliable, purposeful and self initiative, fast learning, open mind, sociable.
Sport, Travel, Knowledge improving.