SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER
To obtain a software QA position that challenges my QA related experience, skills and encourages
• Accomplished QA Engineer over 3 years of experience in working as a software QA Engineer for a
variety of IT Industries including consumer electronics, wireless, multimedia, worked on Web
applications, Mobile applications.
• Testing experience in mobile and web-based applications in Agile (Scrum) Development process
• Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and SQA methodology
• Develop comprehensive QA documentation: test plans, test cases, bug reports
• Knowledgeable in Black Box, GUI, Functional, Usability, Integration, Smoke, Regression, Boundary,
Compatibility and Security testing
• Proven organizational, analytical, and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Formal training in black box manual and automated software testing and information technology
• Strong team player with ability to work productively in a team as well as individually
• US Citizen
Operating Systems: Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OSX
Mobile Platforms: iOS, Android OS
Database: Oracle, MySQL
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, Internet, Intranet
Virtualization: VMware Server, Oracle Virtual Box
Bug Tracking: Jira, mantis, Bugzilla
Browsers: MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
Applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
07/14 – Present Software QA Engineer, ConnectedIO, Santa Clara, CA
Project: ecommerce Web application (beta.connectedio.com)
• Implemented and provided input for test plan as well as designed test cases on Testrail and
executed those test cases.
• Lead and facilitated testing as team lead, motivated team members, verified that all team
members have sufficient work.
• Keep track of the new updated requirements.
• Executed test cases covering new features.
• Performed functional, usability, integration and compatibility testing on web and mobile
• Reported bugs to Mantis Bug tracking application. Check and reviewed bugs from Mantis.
• Experience in testing based on requirements and updated requirements with new features in beta
version of website, as well as live version in agile environment.
• Excelled in finding, documenting and reporting bugs, errors, interoperability flaws and other
issues within proprietary software applications developed for ABC Company’s global user base.
• Demonstrated methodical, detail-oriented and thorough approach to all assignments while
adhering to compressed timelines. Complete all assignments on or ahead of schedule.
• Consistently recognized for excellent problem-solving and analytical skills by programmers,
project managers and supervisors.
Mobile Game testing
• Worked on the game app called GRAND PRIX RACING APP for 2-3 year old kids to develop
improve fine motor skills. Recognize of colors and find out about car types.
• Performed Installation, Functionality, GUI, Device Compatibility testing
• Installed APK file on Android platform
• Wrote test cases on Test Rail for car racing game app
• Performed regression testing.
• Tested this app on 3 year old kid also.
06/13 – 06/14 Software QA Engineer, B- Comm, Los Altos, CA
• Tested a mobile application - VoIP communications and voice data transfer via the Internet to landline
and mobile numbers, similar to Viber and Skype
• Conducted Localization testing --validated UI flow, app page layouts, user interactions, including
proper local language, currency, time zone (date and time format)
• Validated application functionality for a variety local Internet Providers (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile)
• Created and executed test cases for the application components (Registration, Calls, Text Messaging,
• Performed ad-hoc, usability and regression testing in QA and production environments
• Analyzed software failures, reported issues to Bugzilla. Performed bug verification testing and
regression testing for new builds.
• Participated in regular project team meetings to discuss testing procedure and assignments
• Communicated with QA team members and developers to resolve testing issues
• Installed Android SDK and set up mobile device emulator to develop and test Android version of the
01/13 -06/13 Software QA Engineer, Memocast, Los altos, CA
• Tested a web-based application -- International Movies Portal (video content collection with
subtitles such as movies, TV series, cartoons, sporting events, tutorials, etc.) providing video-on-
demand streaming services based on subscription level
• Developed test documentation (Test Plans, Test Case Documents, and check lists)
• Utilized boundary analysis to create test cases
• Executed test cases covering social networking features (People Search, My Friends, Playlists,
• Tested numerous functional areas and product features with various user input criteria
• Performed browser compatibility (MSIE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera) testing in
virtual machine environment (VMware Server)
• Identified and researched software failures and reported them via Bugzilla.
• Performed GUI, usability, functionality and regression testing.
10/12 – 12/12 QA Intern, Gap Inc, San Francisco, CA
• Learned Cube reporting – Microsoft Analysis Service application.
• Learned deployment of cubes.
• Testing data using cubes dimensions and measures.
• Learned Continuous Integration Testing.
• Installed Microsoft Analysis Service application.
• Learned and tested ETL framework.
• Created test cases and scenarios for cube data testing using SQL.
• Worked with developers/team leads.
2004 – 2006 Insurance Coordinator, Fremont Pediatric Clinic, Fremont CA
• Coordinated, liaised and networked between insurance companies
• Managed filing and tracking insurance claims and informed patients of their claims status
• Processed insurance and disability claims in a timely manner
• Circulated documentation as needed for reviewing
• Prepared insurance forms and associated correspondences
2002 – 2004 Customer Service Rep, Fry’s Electronics, Fremont, CA
• Diagnosed the customer's issue
• Determined if problem is network, hardware, or software related
• Accurately resolved the issue at hand
• Provided support via phone or e-mail
• Educated or informed user on how to use program
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Software Quality Assurance,Portnov Computer School, Los Altos, CA
1999 BS in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics), Kuvempu University, Davangere, India
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST