Richard L. Nichols
Simpsonville, SC 29681
864-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/nicholsrichard firstname.lastname@example.org
Six Sigma Certified Program/Project Manager for Domestic and International projects with 9 U.S. patents & foreign patents pending with experience in gas turbine development & testing, combustion test facilities and CAPEX industrial projects.
O’Neal, Inc., Greenville, SC 2014 – present
Process Equipment Engineer/Procurement Engineer
Developed specifications, data sheets and estimates for purchase of capital equipment for industrial and chemical plant expansions and new Greenfield plants
* Identified & developed vendors for capital equipment purchases
* Developed approval process for process equipment evaluations
* Developed subcontractor bid list for new chemical plant
GE Power and Water, Greenville, SC 1998 - 2013
Engineering Programs Operations Leader 2011 - 2013
Supervised $20 MM combustion test facility project upgrade & many smaller test facility projects.
* Facilitated design, tollgate approvals, procurement & installation of equipment, piping, electrical switchgear, 60,000 gallon liquid nitrogen system and hot gas compressor which provided increased testing capability for innovative combustion design
* Enabled innovative combustion validation testing for high profile customer test with potential $1.5B+ in gas turbine sales.
* Negotiated schedule issues with German supplier of $4MM hot gas compressor which enabled increased high temperature & pressure testing capability.
* Conducted strategic project updates to keep external customer and GE leadership abreast of status of high profile project
Gas Turbine Systems Engineer 2008 - 2011
Gas Turbine Thermal Systems Operations & New Product Program Management
* Completed life extension for combustion bellows crossfire tube that resulted in $20MM+ savings for gas turbine maintenance contracts.
* Authored a gas turbine design to cost design practice that was issued in 2012.
* Facilitated design & repair issues as Systems focal point for Repair & Condition Based Maintenance teams which enabled cost savings and increased sales
Engineering Program Manager 2001 - 2008
New Gas Turbine Products Engineering Program Management for combustion, hot gas path, compressor & controls upgrades and coordinated new designs with materials and repair engineering.
* Coordinated field testing & facilitated development of gas turbine combustion, HGP, compressor and controls uprate products with design, manufacturing and field teams which increased sales of gas turbine components and services
* Facilitated design/tollgate reviews including approvals to quote & apply to gas turbine maintenance contracts that enabled increased gas turbine product & service sales
Richard L. Nichols 864-***-**** Page 2
Manufacturing & Engineering Program Manager 1998 – 2001
Manufacturing & Engineering Program Management for new gas turbine products including Capex and Expense budgets
* Completed $10MM 38 mile short-line railroad upgrade to enable world’s largest gas turbine shipment & negotiated shipping agreement that resulted in $6.0MM+ rebate.
* Manufacturing & Engineering Liaison with Toshiba for H Class gas turbine development & Revenue Share Program which supported first Toshiba compressor rotor shipments
* Created and managed integrated engineering and manufacturing schedules for new gas turbine products.
Fluor Corporation, Greenville, SC 1994 - 1998
Project, Equipment & Civil Engineer for various industrial capital projects for food & beverage and pharmaceutical projects
DOD Trainer/Inspector for military facility maintenance program at several military bases
Church & Dwight Company (Arm & Hammer), Greenville SC 1992-1994
Plant Engineer/Safety Coordinator
Plant engineer for pharmaceutical plant for capital process and expansion improvements
Developed & implemented plant safety/regulatory programs for OSHA/EPA compliance including EHS training for over 125 manufacturing plant personnel
Additional Relevant Experience
Pratt & Whitney Aircraft, West Palm Beach, FL Jet Engine Test and Development Engineer
Gee & Jenson E-A-P, Inc., West Palm Beach, FL – Project Manager
Combustion Dry Low Nox compressor bleed control - 2005
Combustion crossfire tube bellows sealing design - 2010
(2) Gas Turbine automated overspeed testing - 2010
(4) Gas Turbine automated overspeed testing - 2013
System for Optimizing Plant Operations - 2014
Education, Professional Development and Training
BS Mechanical Engineering, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale, IL
GE Six Sigma Green Belt Certified Project Management at GE
Team Building at GE Presentation Skills at GE
Facilitation at GE Gas Turbine Fundamentals
Primavera P6 GE Energy Engineering Project Management Council
DOD Facility Maintenance Trainer Construction Safety & Health Trainer
OSHA Construction Safety Training
ASME American Society of Mechanical Engineers Church Deacon
ASCE American Society of Civil Engineers Greenville HOG Day volunteer
ASSE American Society of Safety Engineers BMW Charity Golf event volunteer
Home Owner's Association President/Officer Miracle Hill volunteer