Sara J. Acker
Middleton, WI **562
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
Mastering Nursing Home Administration Certificate, October 2013
Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
Master of Healthcare Administration, May 2013
Concordia University Wisconsin, Madison, WI
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration December 2011
Holiday Retirement Corporation, Middleton, WI 08/2013-
• Responsible for driving sales and day to day management of the operations
(scheduling staff, budget management, review and address client needs and
ensure resolve of issues, accounts payable, accounts receivable)
• Direct Reports include Enrichment Coordinator and Servers
Attic Angel Place, Middleton, WI 05/2013-8/2013
Nursing Home Administrator Intern
• Orientation to Accounting, Human Resources, Nursing and Social Work
• Completed major project to define and detail a resident wellness program
Timesavers Concierge Service, Bowling Green, KY 02/2013-05/2013
• Oversee activities of daily living to assure quality of life experience, timely receipt of
medications and blood pressure monitoring.
• Provide ongoing support, care and interventions as needed for early onset dementia.
Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY 08/2012-05/2013
Graduate Assistant-Center for Gerontology and Public Health
• Coordinate “Age Friendly City” Program using the World Health Organization’s
framework by marketing, establishing and facilitating Community Conversation
participants and hosts within Warren County.
• Assist college Professors with research projects to include caregiver stress
environment in long-term care.
Massey Springs Assisted and Independent Living 08/2012-04/2013
Dietary Cook, Activities, Community Tours
• Oversee dietary department and dining facility operations according to health
department and DAIL requirements.
• Provide customer service to residents and guests to include activities, community
tours and meal service.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Bowling Green, KY 05/2012-08/2012
• Marketing, Sales and Management Internship
Christian Care Communities, Bowling Green, KY 02/2012-05/2012
Nursing Facility, Intermediate Care, Personal Care, Independent Living
Dietary Cook and Aide
• Prepare all meals according to menu, diets, consistency restrictions and facility and
Attic Angel Community (CCRC), Middleton, WI 06/2004-12/2011
Nursing Facility, Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living
Food Service, 06/2004-02/2011
• Complete projects for departments to include resident orientation packets and
provision of resident monthly calendars and menus.
• Worked in multiple capacities; waitress, dining room coordinator, hostess, food
service assistant, nutritional care assistant, cook, special functions assistant and
St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, Middleton, WI 2004-2009
Youth Group Leader, Sunday school teacher, confirmation teacher, fair trade coffee
Southern Gerontological Society Annual Convention, Charlotte, NC