Phillip Smith Sr. 214-***-****
Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Office 365
Unified Messaging 2007, 2010, 2013 Exchange online
LCS, OCS, Lync 2010, Lync 2013, Lync Online
SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013 SharePoint online
Active directory multi domain /forest deployments and migration. 2000, 2003, 2008, Azure,
MDM, BES, 4-10 Good MAPI 7 and EWS 8, Mobile Iron, Air Watch
Vcenter ESX, Virtual Machine manager Hyper V
Cisco switching, routing, firewall, wireless, VOIP
Enterprise Vault Journaling, archiving, discovery accelerator 9, 10
IPAM, DNS, DHCP - Cisco, Microsoft,
Quest Migration Manager
PSS Enterprises - Messaging Engineering Director April 2013 - Present
o Created ROI presentations on proposed projects for Enterprise vault 10, Exchange
2010 upgrade, Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging, Lync 2013 including audio video
replacement, Office 365, Vault.cloud
o Prepared Capital and Operational budgets
o Managed consultant contracts schedules and resourcing
o Worked with business continuity management team to assist and provide planning
and documentation on DR scenarios
o Worked with Exchange 2007 SP2 and Exchange 2010 SP3 all virtualized of 2 data
centers until migrations completion including decommissioning the 2007
o Expanding Lync2010 feature to include Enterprise voice and interoperability with
Avaya Session manager. Provided plans for phased roll out of entire feature set and
o Planned for SharePoint 2007 upgrade to SharePoint 2013
o Worked with Enterprise vault version 9, and Right Fax 9
o BES and Good for Mobile
o Upgraded SQL 2005 mirror to 2008 for BES, good, SharePoint, right fax and
o Worked solution architecture project management and issue resolution
o Work with SCOM team for monitoring SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, Enterprise
Vault and Right Fax
Ally Financial Lead Infrastructure Architect- September 2012-April 2013
• Accountable for leading team of core messaging and active directory infrastructure
• Presenting proposed solutions to business or executive approvers
• Designing (architect), installing, configuring, monitoring, infrastructure including related
hardware, virtual resources and software to ensure optimal operation of all messaging
infrastructure for 27,000 users with worldwide presence across multiple sites.
• Active Directory, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, System Center Suite 2012, IronPort, Good,
Blackberry Enterprise Server, Active Directory, Quest Migration Manager
• Researching, analyzing issues, & requests to determine messaging and Wintel OS related
implications, effectively communicating with all stakeholders
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to ensure project success
• Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Multi forest Active Directory, working with multiple domains and sites worldwide using
native tools and Net IQ DRA
Ntegrated-(MPLS/Hosted Services Provider)-Server Engineer- June 2012-September 2012
*Scope of multiple projects: Optimize messaging infrastructure, expand capacity, disaster
recovery, integration of new customers into infrastructure, work with multiple teams to
plan and design redundant data centers.
Assisted executive sales team as technical lead, presented solutions, worked with
customers on technical designs and plans.
Exchange 2010 SP1 Hosting mode preformed disaster recovery for multiple mailbox
servers and mailbox database. Returned infrastructure to proper redundancy. Expanded
failover to multiple data centers.
• Maintained installed multiple Exchange 2010 sp2 servers performed upgrades to from
2007, 2003 exchange and domino/ lotus notes servers. With active directory migrations.
• System Center 2012 Datacenter Suite: Installed, configured, and clustered. Converted
hosted cloud platform from VMware ESX to VMM 2012
• SQL server 2012: Clustering, database, group, configuration for offering to customers
• Concurrent Project(s): Data Center Design and Planning
• Worked with multiple archiving solutions, enterprise vault and native Exchange archiving
• Email encryption, appliances including IronPorts and Zix.
• Mobile technologies including MobileIron, Good, Blackberry, and ActiveSync.
• Manage hosted Lync 2010 Infrastructure, metropolitan topology with Enterprise Voice.
• Managed and maintained active directory for hosting infrastructure.
F1 Consulting, Consultant- January 2011-January 2012 (contract)
*Lead international project for Canada’s fourth largest oil & gas well service company
providing Internet connectivity to remote well sites utilizing VSAT and cellular services.
Managed team of engineers deployed internationally to physically install and configure
new and retrofitted datavans. Integrated newly acquired company into Cisco networking
platforms. Consulted on different Exchange, AD, Riverbed, and IronPort projects.
• Consultant for Internet, Voice, & Network Project for an international project.
• Responsible for creating, implementing, supporting data/voice solutions in corporate
offices, branch locations and “data-vans”.
• Extensive use of Cisco IOS, as well as Riverbed appliances, routers, firewalls, switches,
wireless access points, telephony, & call manager.
• Administered on-site and remote meeting as needed to sites internationally.
• Authored documentation, procuring equipment, connectivity.
• Worked closely with project and program management.
Mentora Group, Feb. 2010- Feb. 2011
* Mentora Group was a managed hosting provider specializing in Unix. I was brought as a
Microsoft SME to integrate Windows technologies including AD, Exchange, and
• Implement Exchange 2010 internally as a hosted offering.
• SharePoint 2007 installation.
• Support data center operations, including installation and upgrades of networking,
software, and operating system packages.
• Authenticate/Enable Active Directory Authentication on UNIX for Data Center users.
• Monitored, managed, and remotely supported multiple data centers nationwide.
• Tested and secured systems for optimal performance within specific parameters.
• Provided international support for client servers, WAN/LAN, Active Directory, Cisco
networks, telecom, VPN gateways, and networks.
• Engineered Networking, Active Directory, Exchange, Unix Authentication to Active
Directory and Telecommunication solutions.
Technology Media Group, Manager of Information and Technology Sept. 2005- Dec. 2009
• Solution Architect for Technology
• Managed team of sub-contractors & vendors
• Engineered and implemented AD, Exchange, Network, security measures, server,
desktop, anti-virus, and project management for all IT operations.
Ajilon Consulting, BlackBerry Engineer to Baylor College-Jan. 2005-Oct. 2005
BlackBerry Enterprises Server Engineer (BES 4)
• Technical Assistance- All Tiers
• Training, Support to End Users
• Administrated email, Active Directory accounts.
• Design, Administration, Execution of BES
Technology Support Division, Centex- Team Lead Jan. 2002-Jan. 2005
• MS Exchange Messaging infrastructure using Exchange, Active Directory and MS
Windows Server 2003
• Authenticate/Enable Active Directory Authentication on UNIX
• Active Directory
• Laptop & desktop configuration with WIN XP Pro with Office 03.
• Remote Assistance nationwide
• Maintained users OS and hardware issues.
• Administrated Exchange, Novell and Active Directory accounts.
• VPN connectivity, black berry email access, ACT database management, Digital imaging
with Vision Works, and Jet Direct card configuration.
Web Support, Home Interiors, June 2001-Jan. 2002
• Supporting corporate web site for customers and company sales reps over the phone.
• Win2000, WinXP Win98, Internet Explorer 5.0-6.1, Netscape4.7-7.0, Aol5.0-8.0
• Administrated email, Novell and active directory accounts, NT.
Technology Department, Deep South, Jan. 2001- June 2001
• Sole support for 600+ users: 20% local 80% remote offices or from road.
• Support software and hardware hands on, phone or remotely using PC Anywhere or
• Administrated Email, Novell, and active directory accounts.
• Software included Lotus Notes 4.6 Win95/98ME NT4.0 Win2000 Red Hat 7.2 Novell 5.1
Norton Anti Virus Corp. 2001
• 2002 Office network connectivity issues with dial ISDN and frame-relay.
• Hardware Laptop, Desktop, servers.
System Support, R.I.A. Nov. 2000 – Jan. 2001
• General support of Windows operating systems and Office utilities
• Train clients on the different aspect of the software and resolving printing issues using
RIA custom fonts
• Provide technical support on an advanced level for all customer issues over the phone
relating to proprietary
• Administrated email, Novell and active directory accounts, NT.
• Software on Windows systems including installation or creating account on web version.
System Support Representative, Stream Int’l- Mar. 2000-Oct. 2000
• Efficiently handled inbound calls for technical assistance nationwide.
• Troubleshooting customer issues relating to Win 3.x Win95 Win 98 Win M.E. WinNT
Win2000 Internet Explorer Win2000 Excel Microsoft Office 9x, 2000 Word Lotus Notes
Outlook 95, 97, 2000, Vantive
• Hardware support: laptop and desktop troubleshooting customer account issues and
provided support for modems, Dial-up Software, PPPoe software, TCP/IP protocols.
• Setting up static and dynamic IP addresses, checking settings on routers
Asst. Manager, Palm Beach Tan Nov. 1998 to July 1999
• Sales Manager Duties included but were not limited to sales, customer service,
bookkeeping, computer management, hiring, scheduling, and account management.
Tech. Support, Web America Networks (now Prodigy Networks) Feb. 1996-Nov. 1998
• Responsible for customer service
• Installing and uninstalling Internet software, dial-up networking
• Configuring settings on TCP/IP stacks, NT
• Configuring and troubleshooting MS Outlook and Internet Explorer
Experience in international work/travel (valid passport)