Over 16 years of software quality experience. An accomplished project and people manager with
expertise on project management, software testing, test automation and quality assurance in a
variety of industries. Interested in pursuing Software QA Manager position.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a track record of motivating and developing
team leaders and players. Experienced using on-shore and off-shore teams. Creative problem
solver with advanced analytical, planning and scheduling skills with a focus on timely delivery.
Technologies: Selenium, Java, VB, SQL, TFS, QTP, Test Driven Development (TDD), Visual
Studio, XML, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Jenkins, SoapUI, REST, ASP, .NET/C#,
Python, Agile, Unix, Linux, Windows, JIRA, PVCS, Silk-Test, FitNesse, Test Studio, C/C++,
FDA and ISO regulated medical devices.
July 2012 to present, Manager / Web Engineer, BEST BUY, Richfield, MN
• Successfully managed 12+ member software test team of Subject Matter Experts(SME), Software
Engineers (SWE) and Quality Assurance Analysts(QAA). Established TCoE (Test Center of
Excellence), implemented Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) - retail e-commerce quality
programs, processes and road-maps in a multi-vendor delivery model.
• Effectively lead quality teams with various staffing models of on-shore and off-shore resources.
Ensured QA best practices, methodologies and processes are followed.
• Improved defect identification and remediation cycles, validated functional and non-functional
requirements. Provided guidance on requirement conversion, test procedure development, test
conduct and reporting.
• Reviewed technical specifications and constructed reviews of technical approach including
complex test specifications, test verdicts and trends. Successfully implemented Behavior Driven
Development (BDD) test framework for Search project and test automation using JBehave,
Selenium, Java for Regression. Provided guidance for Jenkins continuous integration (CI).
June 2011 to June 2012, Software QA Lead (Engineer V), CERIDIAN CORP, Bloomington, MN.
• Successfully lead a team of 7 test engineers and implemented Test Driven Development (TDD)
testing framework. Automated software testing, developed automation script using FitNesse and
C#. Interacted with developers and business analysts to design and implement test fixtures.
• Created templates for Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Case, Defect Report, Periodic and End of
Project Reports. Created examples and instructions to accompany each template.
• Effectively tested Identity Access Management (IAM) and related ETL implementation.
Automated testing of the Healthcare Exchange application using Telerik’s Test Studio.
• Effectively wrote C#/.NET coded steps using Visual Studio. Implemented process of defect
tracking, strictly followed Agile SDLC methodologies and achieved all sprint goals.
Mar.2006 to May 2011, Sr Software Engineer, BOSTON SCIENTIFIC, Arden Hills, MN.
• Lead Software Verification team of 10+ members. Managed scrum meetings and resolved issues.
Organized, planned, tracked and resolved problems associated with product validation, worked
with cross functional teams of developers, business analysts and others.
• Actively worked with test-driven development (TDD), in a fast moving Agile product
development environment. Collaborated with other testing team members in automation
1712 – 116th Avenue NE, Blaine, MN 55449, Tel: 763-***-****, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
techniques, approaches, and standards. Involved with test execution, trouble shooting and status
reporting. Scripted automated test cases using Java/JUnit and selenium.
• Pioneered Product Line Engineering protocols. Engineered improvement of test-protocol peer-
review process. Restructured and combined similar test-protocols to gain 30% execution and
• Designed and developed detail test plans and test cases. Reviewed and provided inputs to
requirements and design documents to ensure software performance. Chaired the product defect
committee meetings. Developed automated and manual test-protocols, used QTP to automate
Jan.2002 to Mar.2006, Software V&V Engineer, GUIDANT CORPORATION, Arden Hills, MN.
• As an active member of the PRM-Software Validation team, planned and wrote test-protocols,
implemented and executed tests. Achieved milestones earlier then specified time. Got praised for
active and systematic work.
• Planned for all facets of Software testing effort. Wrote test plans outlining deliverable for projects
which addresses test environment, requirements trace-ability, configuration management, defect
tracking and risk management. Reviewed requirements, test protocols and provided feedback.
Logged test results and reported on testing progress. Archived test-results, documents and other
deliverable for FDA submission.
• Wrote requirements for ‘Action Word Editor’. Delivered ‘Test Plan and Action Word Protocol’
training. Re-executed all SMR project tests in a shortest possible time.
• Developed and scripted action-words in Python. Wrote C code with interfaces of QNX for the
embedded software. Worked in an ISO and FDA regulated medical device environment, strictly
following company concepts, practices and procedures.
Aug. 1999 to Jul. 2001, Software Systems Engineer, CISCO SYSTEMS, Richardson, TX
• Developed JAVA based GUI Utility to configure Element Manager (EM) and User Admin.
Designed and Developed Micro T-31 monitoring application. Fully automated Never Ending Test
(NET) script. Actively worked as an Administrator of PVCS.
• Integrated and Performed Test of TL1-NBI User Interface. Actively wrote test scripts to test CPP
(a DWDM network design tool) using SilkTest.
• Wrote TL1Net (Test-tool) in Visual Basic to test TL1 command responses. Updated Alarm-Test
(Test-tool), script written in Perl & Tcl/Tk.
Nov. 1996 to Aug. 1999, Member Scientific Staff, NORTEL NETWORKS, Ottawa, ON, Canada
• Designed and developed user friendly FTAM Initiator OFT to exchange files between local and
remote nodes, Embedded OPC Transport Bridge using real-time pSOS system with C.
• Supported and answered customer queries related to ALFTAM, X.25 and Transport Bridge.
• Enhanced TARP to support TL1 interface, Executed OCAT Testing (Belcore's standard
conformance) compliance, taught DataComm section of OPC Software Architecture courses.
EDUCATION: MS (Electrical Engineering)
RESIDENCY: US Citizen.