Address: ***/*** **************** ***** ****
Rice market, Bhavani
Date/place of birth: 13th April/Chennai
Since 06/2012 – 06/2014 student of M.tech Integrated in Geo-technology and Geo-Informatics at the
Center for Remote Sensing, Bharathidasan University, Trichy -23 and secured an aggregate of 82%
Since 01/2014 – 05/2014 Project student in National institute of ocean technology (NIOT)-Pallikarani,
05/2008 – 05/2012 student of M.tech Integrated in Geo-technology and Geo-Informatics at the Center for
Remote Sensing in Bharathidasan University, Trichy -23 and secured an aggregate of 81.5%
Since 011/2011– 06/2012 Project student in
• Minor Project title: Assessment of future sea level rise and its impacts over coastal Geo-System
using Geomatics technology – Pondicherry coastal sector.
Prof. Dr.J.Saravannavel, Assistant professor, Bharathidasan University Trichy -23,
• Major Project title: Storm surge prediction & vulnerability modeling-Cuddalore to Pondicherry
Supervisors: Dr.J.Saravannavel, Assistant professor, Bharathidasan University Trichy -23,
2006 – 2008 PUC student at Ideal higher secondary matriculation school, Bhavani, and secured an
aggregate of 77.80%
2005 – 2006 SSLC student at Ideal higher secondary matriculation school, Bhavani, and secured an
aggregate of 78.80%
COMPUTER TECHNICAL SKILLS
GEOTECHNICAL AND GEOLOGICAL DATA COLLECTION
• Planning and coordination of geological and geotechnical data collection according to set
standards and procedures
• Analyzing, interpreting, digitizing of geotechnical and geological data from core logging Scan
• Geotechnical data collection and analysis using ArcGIS, Suffer and ENVI software.
• Managing and manipulation of geotechnical and geological data
• Validating and capturing geotechnical and geological mapping data efficiently and ac curately to
ensure quality at entry point
STRUCTURAL MODELLING AND ANALYSIS
• Performing geotechnical analysis and structural analysis – fold(strike and dip), fault
• Defining geotechnical and hydro-geological domains (areas of similar characteristics)
• Identifying potential failure modes and addressing them accordingly
Major project: STORM SURGE PREDICTION & VULNERABILITY MODELING – CUDDALORE
TO PONDICHERRY COAST
India and its neighborhood are threatened by the possibility of storm surge floods whenever a
tropical Cyclone approaches. In Tamil Nadu, Cyclone Thane devastated the eastern coast of India, killing
persons on December31 and most of the human disasters associated with the tropical cyclones have been
directly attributed to storm surges. “Remote sensing is a technique which provides up-to-date information
about an area. Thus using the Remote sensing techniques and GIS, the Storm Surge Modeling has been
Storm surge disasters cause heavy loss of life and property, damage to the coastal structures and
the losses of agriculture, which lead to annual economic losses in these countries. Thus the real time
monitoring and warning of storm surge is of great concern for the region.
The main objectives of the project are to highlight the current activity in surge modeling. Wave
height modeling is adopted for increase in the storm surge height from which the inundation distance is
calculated. Since it is Empirical approach and to validate the result with engineering derived model are to
be used. Comparing this towards the discharge rate over terrain height would give a detailed knowledge
about the intensity of cyclone over the terrain. . Hence the resultant gives a brief admittance to prevent
from the future disaster aimed in the coast.
Parameters used for Storm surge Modeling and Coastal Vulnerability Mapping are Winds
Speed(Pressure Gradient, Rossby Waves), Geostrophic modeling, Assessment through Sea Surface
Modeling (Stadium Effect, Eye-like feature), Wave Height (Proportional, Wind Stress, Inverse
Proportional), Assessment through Land Modeling, Manning Equation, Calculation Of Hydraulic Radius,
Average Velocity, Discharge Rate and Vulnerable mapping.
Minor project: ASSESSMENT OF FUTURE SEA LEVEL RISE AND ITS IMPACT OVER COASTAL
GEO-SYSTEM USING GEOMATICS TECHNOLOGY – PONDICHERRY COASTAL SECTOR.
Current Sea Level Rise potentially impacts human populations and the wider natural
environment. Southern Tamil Nadu coastal region are the more prominent zone of risk for many disaster
acts like (Tsunami, Coastal flooding and storm damage, eroding shorelines, barrier islands).
Along Pondicherry to Chidambaram region of eastern Tamil Nadu is barely affected often by
many coastal disasters. An attempt has been made to demarcate the future SLR in this region and its
impact over the on shore region, that would get affected, by using Bruun Rule (proposed by “BRUUN”
in 1962) - shoreline retreat to an increase in local sea level. Remote sensing techniques (GIS) have been
used for prediction of Future sea level rise and inundation of that region.
NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE & PAPER PRESENTATION
• Trichy cretaceous in age 11 national level technical program at Anna University.
• GEOMATICS IN HARD ROCK AQUIFER SYSTEM in GEO HORIZON national level
technical program at Anna University.
• Storm surge prediction & vulnerability modeling – Cuddalore to Pondicherry Coast in 8th Int.
Cong. Climate Change, Territorial Classification & Socio Economic Crisis at Bharathidasan
Hereby, I declare that all the details furnished above are true and correct to the best of my Knowledge.