College Educated IT Graduate **** S Prairie Ave
Chicago, IL 60619
Network Administrator Technical Support Hardware Repair Technician IT Specialist
Tech Savvy, results focused professional seeking a position in the Information Technology field to
utilize an academic background in the area of Computer Information Science.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in a simulated environment with network administration responsibilities, such as setting
user permissions and passwords using Group Policy in Active Directory environment.
• Experience setting up and maintaining networks on Windows Server 2003/2008 and installing,
configuring and troubleshooting peripherals such as: printers, scanners, and fax machines.
• Familiar with the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model and setting up entire virtual
• Knowledge of sub netting IP addresses using CIDR notation.
• Experience in a virtual environment troubleshooting computer hardware and software – remote and
• Advanced in the Microsoft Office suite using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to people at all levels
while providing superior customer service.
• Operating system installation, configuration and troubleshooting in a Windows 7 environment.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows XP, VISTA, 7, Server 2003, 2008
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Avast Anti virus
HARDWARE: Cisco routers, switches, and hubs; coaxial, cat 5, fiber optic, Ethernet cabling; modems, printers,
Hard drives, motherboards, processers, power supply.
NETWORKING: LAN, WAN, VPN, SAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, SMTP, POP, POP3, IPsec, IMAP4
Associate of Science, Computer Information Science – Computer Networking Everest University
Graduating Class of April 2014 Tampa, FL
• Network Operating Systems (client & server)
• Network Infrastructure
• Network Management
• Computer Hardware
Intern for Urban Solutions Inc./Afterschool Matter
February 2005 April 2005 Chicago, IL
• Set up and operate audio and video equipment for students to practice being news anchors/reporters.
• Operated machines and equipment to record, synchronize, mix, and reproduce music.
Volunteer for Sunrise Senior Living
January 2004 January 2005 Wheaton, IL
Assisted in serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner to the patrons.
Updated each citizens profile and spent time playing games with the seniors citizens.