James J Bruno
I am a logistics and transportation professional whose experience produces positive commercial value to an organization. I create
strategies and manage relationships across the entire supply chain process. I possess a great ability for building strong loyal
relationships within all levels of a company and with outside vendors forming alliances and partnerships, which ultimately streamlines
the flow of materials.
RAIL CARLOAD NEGOTIATIONS KPI PERFORMANCE
INTERMODAL RAIL NEGOTIATIONS OPTIMIZATION
INBOUND & OUTBOUND CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS
PACKAGE & BULK NEGOTIATIONS CANADA & MEXICO RATES/OPERATIONS
• 3PL MANAGEMENT-rates/operations
JAMES BRUNO ASSOCIATES, Ridgefield, CT - Consulting Services 2013 –
Providing non conflict of interest rate and operation consulting for transportation via rail, intermodal, truckload and LTL.
ACTIVE MINERALS INTERNATIONAL, Sparks, MD – Global Mineral Sales
6(mos.) - 2013
Logistics Manager – Oversight of all domestic logistics requirements and execution including export project opportunities.
• Strategic negotiation with two railroads saved $216,000 annually
• Negotiated railroad hopper car lease for a $10,800 annual savings
• Researched, developed and wrote 3PL Warehousing Standard Operating Procedures
DRAX BIOMASS INTERNATIONAL INC., Burlington, MA - Electric power station in the UK 2012-
Logistics Manager – Developed key port and transportation relationships creating a new Supply Chain for sustainable bio fuels to
• Researched bio fuel market, engaged transportation providers and constructed a sustainable supply chain
UNILEVER, Trumbull, CT- CPG for Hellman’s, Ragu, Wishbone, Skippy and Dove 2007-2012
Transportation Specialist – Intermodal, Rail and Bulk
• Managed carload rail business for Ragu tomato paste, Hellman’s and Skippy products
• Business lead on cross functional transportation team adding $4 million in revenue.
• Negotiated several key customers to convert to rail for over a $975,000 annual savings
• Reduced annual intermodal transportation spend by $2.3 million by leveraging and reducing drayage costs and rail rates.
UPM-Kymmene (Myllykoski), Norwalk, CT International Paper Manufacturer. 2001 – 2007
Logistic Team Leader (Two Direct Reports) 2005 – 2007
Led two Transp. Analysts in the International/ Domestic Logistics for imported paper and subsequent distribution to the USA and
• Saved $1.5 million dollars in reclaimed paper rolls that were damaged in handling.
Logistic Analyst 2001 – 2004
• Responsible for the timely distribution of imported paper via carload rail and truck load
PROCTER & GAMBLE (Duracell), Bethel, CT Duracell Batteries 1997 – 2001
• Collected $790,000 in unpaid claims through persistent negotiations
Bachelor of Science Business - Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT