Daniel D. Burke
Detail oriented manager with solid leadership experience and a proven track record in leading client service teams in operations, compliance, customer service, project management and product development. Also have a proven ability to quickly and accurately identify, assess and solve business problems with a focus on improving operational efficiency.
Managing Director, Your Payroll Company, LLC. DBA/Windy City Payroll, Chicago, IL 12/2007-01/2014
* Created and processed paychecks, while managing federal and state filings in 26 different states.
* Ability to pass 10-key assessment with years of experience in data capture.
* Managed a large client relationship with 6000+ W-2s in multiple states, as well as local retail employers.
* Years of payroll reporting experience using ADP Enterprise software, QB Premier, KSI, etc.
* Introduced employers to payroll providers that matched specific benefit needs, such as WC and 401K.
* Incorporated and developed all branding, client base, and operations from start-up.
* Achieved and maintained A+ BBB ranking.
Sales Associate, Walsh Trading Inc, Chicago, IL 6/2013-11/2013
* Hedged Commercial grain and livestock production for farmers.
* Published “Daily Option Run” for AgWeb.com, Barchart.com, Inside Futures.com, Marketclips.com, etc.
* Organized and produced educational webinars with CME Group to drive sales objectives
* Generated and built leads into a mega database
Sales Associate, Ironbeam Inc, Chicago, IL 2/2013-06/2013
* Provided clients with short term trading recommendations with clearly defined entry and exits.
* Traded and managed positions for in house accounts.
* Conducted educational seminars on futures options trading and market outlook.
* Implemented trading strategies that combine fundamental and technical analysis.
Chief Compliance Officer, Burke Futures Group, LLC, Chicago, IL 1/2011-02/2013
* Established AML procedures and AP manuals, along with Business Continuity Plan with NFA.
* Organized and managed financial ledgers within Quickbooks Premier, while filing all FR1-IB reports.
* Analyzed core examination overview and procedures for assessing the BSA/AML compliance program
* Coordinated and negotiated IB agreements with various Futures Commission Merchants.
* Simultaneously acted as Chief Financial Officer and Chief Compliance Officer.
Derivatives Team Leader, Northern Trust Bank, Chicago, IL 03/2002-12/2007
* Elected as an official Officer of the bank.
* Trained new staff members to understand operations and ensure best practices.
* Managed accounting within Derivatives Department for equity options trades in 500+ accounts.
* Overlooked daily account management and balancing of futures/options on futures in 300+ accounts.
* Cultivated smooth trade capture between bank and more than 50 investment managers
* Established clear and detailed procedures to properly orient new team members.
* Enhanced services/relationships among partners, brokers, and investment managers.
Registered Floor Trader, CME, CBOT, Comex, Chicago, IL 07/1998-03/2002
EDUCATION & LICENSURE & AFFILIATIONS
Bachelor of Arts in English
St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
CME Member, CBOT Member, Comex Member/NYC
Microsoft Word, Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros, Vlookups), PowerPoint, and Outlook; ADP Enterprise; QB Premier; KSI; and other proprietary software programs