Stoneview Injury & Wellness Clinic 2001 - Present
Insurance Manager / Collections
• Manages the transmission and ensures the accuracy of all Medicaid, Medicare, Workers
Compensation, Commercial Carriers, third party and self-pay claims in a timely manner.
• Manages the payment posting, credit balance and refund process, ensuring timely resolution.
• Assist in the claims billing and re-billing process as may be required.
• Reviews all claims processing and collection activity to ensure a quality revenue cycle flow.
• Assures that departmental staff have the necessary resources, skills and training to meet
productivity expectations and goals.
• Develops and maintains billing and collection activity reports as directed.
• Works in concert with department management to interpret and analyze billing and collection
activity and trends,
• Communicates and resolves issues, including training, coding and departmental procedures.
• Collaborates with the Medical Services Team on billing initiatives and other issues.
• Adheres to all departmental policies and procedures, including established HIPAA privacy
and security procedures.
• Through these activities, demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to company core
values of respect, knowledge, responsibility, health, compassion and access; practices these
values in relations with internal and external customers.
Presently in process of completing medical coding class
Master of Science: Criminal Justice, Florida International University, Miami Florida
Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice, Florida International University, Miami Florida
Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Medisoft Billing, Kareo, Patient Now
Multi-State Workers Compensation laws; adjusting and auditing of Insurance Carriers with
thorough knowledge of rates, rating plans, and policy forms; Medical Managed Care; PPO'S,
HMO'S; Medicaid, Medicare; Statistical Medical Coding; Integrity in Matters of Confidentiality
Workers Compensation, Insurance Paralegal; Workers Compensation Adjuster