Albert J. Frazier, Jr.
*** ****** ***** *****, ********, Georgia 30907
email@example.com Cell: 706-***-****
Environmental Health and Safety / Environmental Project Manager
A seasoned environmental professional with 27-years of experience in multiple environmental program areas within the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division. Excellent organizational skills, multiple environmental program experience as well as a record of implementing and managing new programs from the ground up.
“Mr. Frazier was tasked with the difficult job of completely revamping a long existing emergency response program and redesigning it to accomplish the needed goals within the framework of the current budget crisis. He completed this in an exemplary manner and is to be commended.”
- Dr. Albert K. Langley, Chief, District Operations GA EPD.
2009-02/28/2013: Georgia Department of Natural Resources / Environmental Protection Division: Manager, Environmental Emergency Response Network and Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Programs (EPCRA).
Manager of the Emergency Response Network
• Manage a network of 32 response personnel stationed statewide available for spills and releases of oil and hazardous materials 24/7/365.
• In 2012 revamped the long standing Emergency Response Team concept to the Emergency Response Network concept and within 6-months developed a fully functional state-wide response capability.
• Participate in the Core Responder role as a Division Duty Officer and an on-call state- wide State on Scene Coordinator (SOSC).
• Fulfill the Emergency Support Function-10, Oil and Hazardous Materials Responsibility under the State Emergency Response Plan by serving at the state Emergency Operations Center when requested by the Governor or Georgia Emergency Management Agency Officials
Manager of the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Program (EPCRA)
• Implement all aspects of the EPCRA program including maintaining working relationships with all Local Emergency Planning Committees (LEPC) across the state.
Albert J. Frazier, Jr. Page 2
• In 2012 totally revamped the yearly Tier II reporting process for 5,000+ Georgia facilities to the new U.S EPA / Department of Homeland Security E-Plan electronic filing process greatly streamlining the submittal process for industries and realizing a substantial man power cost savings for the state of Georgia.
2007-2009: Georgia Department of Natural Resources / Environmental Protection Division: Manager, Clean Air Act Section 112(r), Risk Management Program.
• As manager of the CAA Section 112(r) program coordinated with U.S. EPA Region IV in program implementation and ensured the Georgia RMP program met and exceeded U.S. EPA expectations.
• In 2009 facilitated and ensured a smooth transition to the new EPA RMP electronic reporting protocol RMP E-Submit by conducting numerous informational seminars statewide.
• Conducted Risk Management Program inspections and audits of industry RMP programs statewide to ensure adequacy of programs and compliance with the 112(r) requirements.
2001-2007: Manager of the East Central District Office, Augusta.
• As District Manager of the newly created ECD office in Augusta established office space, hired compliance staff, and organized District operations resulting in a fully functioning compliance and enforcement office within 6-months working five environmental programs including Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality Control, Air Quality Control, Solid Waste Management and Erosion and Sedimentation Control.
1994-2001: Georgia Department of Natural Resources / Environmental Protection Division: Manager of the Savannah Satellite Office of the Coastal District.
• As Satellite Office manager of the newly created Savannah Office organized Savannah operations resulting in a full functioning compliance and enforcement office within three months. Managed compliance operation and complaint investigations in eight environmental program areas including safe drinking water, water quality control, air quality control, solid waste management, erosion and sedimentation control, hazardous waste generation, industrial storm water, and municipal Pre-treatment Program.
1986-1994: Georgia Department of Natural Resources / Environmental Protection Division: Environmental Specialist, Coastal District Office, Brunswick, Georgia.
• Conducted compliance and enforcement activities in six coastal counties in the areas of safe drinking water, solid waste management, air quality control, municipal waste water, and erosion and sedimentation control.
Albert J. Frazier, Jr. Page 3
1974-1986: Prior work experience included three years (1974-1977) as a laboratory technician at the Union Carbide chemical facility located in Woodbine Georgia; eight years (1977-1985) in the paint and coatings industry working for Fuller-O’Brien Corporation and Interstate Paint Corporation, both in Brunswick Georgia as a paint chemist/quality control manager; and one year (1985) employed with the King and Prince Seafood Company, Brunswick Georgia in the Research and Development Laboratory.
40-Hour HAZWOPER Certified.
Yearly 8-Hour HAZWOPER recertification is current until 2013.
National Incident Management System (NIMS) Incident Command System course levels 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800.
National Incident Management System (NIMS) ICS 402 Incident Command System Overview for Executives/Senior Officials.
Fundamentals of Erosion & Sedimentation Control, Southern College of Technology, Atlanta.
Energy and Environmental Compliance Management, Tools in the Chemical Industry. Distance Learning, Continuing Education, and Outreach, Georgia Institute of Technology
Introduction to Pulp and Paper Technology, Short Course, Atlanta, Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry.
U.S. EPA Region IV RCRA Inspectors Workshop, Savannah, Georgia.
Hazardous Materials Awareness Course, Georgia Public Safety Training Center, Forsyth, Georgia.
Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations, Georgia Public Safety Training Center, Forsyth, Georgia.
HEPACO Railroad Right of Way Worker Safety Course.
Southern Environmental Enforcement Network, Smart Negotiator Workshop, Atlanta, Georgia
Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, National Spill Control School, Shoreline Clean Up and Assessment Technique (SCAT) training
Albert J. Frazier, Jr. Page 4
U.S. EPA CAA 112(r) Risk Management Program training.
Georgia Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Act Certified Landfill Operator training course, Southern College of Technology, Atlanta.
GRWA Basic Waste Water Treatment Operators course
GRWA Basic Drinking Water System Operators course
B.S Degree Biology, Suffolk University, Boston Massachusetts, 1973
Georgia EPD representative to the U.S. EPA / U.S.C.G Regional Response Team (RRT), member of the Training and Educational Committee
Ex-Officio Board member (Georgia liaison) representing Georgia on the U.S Department of Energy, Savannah River Site Citizens Advisory Board
Albert K. Langley, PhD, Manager of Compliance Programs, Georgia Environmental Protection Division, 16 Center Road, Cartersville, Georgia, 770-***-****.