Regina L.M. Oyekoya, FNP-BC, M.Ed.,MSN.
· Highly qualified Nurse Practitioner with extensive experience in direct patient care
· A strong and diverse clinical background in practical treatment in the areas of Primary Care, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Women’s Health, Occupational health, Mental health and Addiction.
· A strong history of working in a managerial and supervisory capacity
· A natural ability to build rapport with patients and families EXPERIENCE
Nurse Practitioner, PRN Children’s health Center, Tampa, FL Nurse Practitioner, House calls Program, UnitedHealth Group, Optum Clinical Services
• Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members, including Past medical history, Review of systems, Physical examination Medication review, and Depression screening
• Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that can include monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam.
• Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment.
• Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of assessment.
• Communicate findings in assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care.
• Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance.
• Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI).
2011-2013 Occupational Nurse, Cerner Corp-Publix Health Center, Lakeland, FL
· • Assessed, treated, referred, and recorded occupational and emergent non- occupational injuries/illnesses
• Coordinated medical treatment for Worker's Compensation cases in conjunction with Risk Management and Insurer
• Completed OSHA compliance medical evaluation
• Coordinated post-offer employment process
• Managed a clinic staff including 3 full time LPNs and 3 PRN LPNs 2008-2011 Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner/Family Practitioner, The Little Clinic, Tampa, FL
· Provided the highest quality of medical care to patients.
· Participated in peer review, staff, quality assurance and other meetings with other health practitioners as required
· Participated and ensured that clinics are 365 days a year "survey ready"
· Collaborated with the regional management in participating in a community event to promote TLC to generate increased utilization of the clinic.
· Managed the clinic's inventory and order supplies to maintain cost effective clinical operations.
· Performed quality control on instrumentation as scheduled.
· Utilized the Company information systems as directed and in compliance with HIPAA regulations and Company policies.
· Supported mentor program by being a resource and a role model.
· Kept nursing knowledge current by attending ongoing nursing (NP) education seminars.
· Provided coverage for other clinics in the region as needed, and as assigned by the regional management.
· Controlled costs at the clinics to meet the budgeted profitability goals 1998-2011 Director of Operations/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, Luv N Care Clinic
· Managed the daily operations of the clinic
· Hired, supervised, and delegated duties to a staff of ten
· Developed treatment plans for acute and chronic diseases
· Educated and guided patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits
· Conducted preventative exams
· Performed diagnostic tests and screening evaluations
· Managed overall patient care regarding lifestyle and development issues
· Emphasized preventative care and disease management
· Prescribed medications
1999 Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Practitioner- Family Practice, University of Tampa, Tampa FL
1992 Master of Education- Rehabilitation Counseling, Coppin State University, Baltimore, MD 1991 Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 1983 Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communications, Xavier University, New Orleans, LA Page 3
ANCC Board Certification