HORATIO A. BLESSITT
Mount Vernon, NY, 10550
Seeking a Challenging Position as an Electrician
A highly talented Electrician with vast experience.
Summary of Qualifications
· More than twenty years’ experience.
· Exceptional ability to troubleshoot, isolate and repair electrical defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
· Proficient in installing of all motor controls for heating and air conditioning, back-up generators.
· Efficient in residential, commercial and industrial wiring.
· Ability to read, decipher schematics, blueprints, plan, layout, install AC and DC circuits.
· Strong ability in the installation of bonding and grounding.
· Ability to install buck and boost transformers.
· Knowledgeable in wiring and installing meter equipment.
· Able to perform maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment.
· Able to install, wire lighting fixtures in parking lots, retail stores, commercial and industrial buildings.
· Profound efficiency in testing electrical circuits.
· Complete knowledge, ability to use all hand and power tools, and diagnostic equipment.
Hamie’s Electric, Mount Vernon, NY 1985 - Present
· Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
· Connect wiring to motor controls, switches, lighting fixtures, receptacles, circuit breakers, and fuses.
Fasten metal or plastic boxes to metal or wood studs and cement.
Install metal and PVC tubing, threading or bending pipe.
Fabricating, removing, and reinstalling parts in electrical equipment.
Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
Inspect electrical equipment systems, and their components to identify hazards, defects, the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with local and national codes.
Install power cables from service panels to all electrical equipment.
Fishing and installing Romex or BX cables through walls.
Can determine the correct gage of conductors used on equipment.
Complete installation of ground and bonding, ARC faults devices.
Repair or replace splicing of wiring for equipment fixtures.
Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
Advise clients on hazardous and safety conditions and situations of electrical equipment.
Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving, lifting heavy objects.
Provide and install emergency back-up systems and transferring and phasing of conductors.
Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical equipment.
Can organize, plan, layout, and execute the job tasks.
Personal protection equipment, safety harness.
Lockout & tag equipment date time stamp.
Proficient on Fork lift, scissor lift & bucket trucks.
Westchester Electrician's License (1990 – 2019)
USAF Aerospace Ground Equipment technician (1981 – 1985)
High School Diploma (1980)
Furnished on Request