Norlito Beles Larosa
Qualification and Experience:
Seventeen (17) years’ of experience as a Mechanical Engineer, involved in the field of Plumbing/Sanitary, Fire Protection, heating, ventilation and air condition (HVAC), irrigation system, medical gasses and infrastructure development for high rise commercial/residential building, private villas, hospital, school and industrial facilities, includes installation, operation and maintenance of RO Plant, Sewage treatment Plant and swimming pool. And project management, field supervision, quantity surveyor and project tendering. Demonstrated strength include;
Quality Control ● Bid Proposals and Project Estimation ● Leadership
Effective Negotiations ● Client and Vendor Relations ● Costumer Service
Budget and Time Management ● Multi-tasking ● Problem Resolution
TESTING AND COMMISSIONING ENGINEER (Team Leader) 01/2018 to 05/2019 Specialist Independent Building Services W.L.L. Doha, Qatar Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake prior review of proposed mechanical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule.
• Witness on-site pipe system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing and other testing that may be required during the first fix works and advice the Project Manager accordingly. .
• Monitor the construction contractor’s quality assurance and safety program.
• Observed onsite construction and determined construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed to meet the client’s requirements.
• Created and carrying out test procedures, investigating problems and diagnosing and repairing faults/troubleshooting.
• Specified system components and directed installation modifications to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Recommended design modification to eliminate machine and system malfunction.
• Investigated equipment failures to diagnose faulty operation and made appropriate maintenance recommendations.
• Undertake final project snagging and prepare list of defects.
• Ensuring safe working conditions.
Qatar Rail - Green line Underground
(Under Porr-SBG-HBK Joint Venture)
Al Rayyan, Doha, Qatar
Sr. Mechanical Engineer 04/2017 to 09/2017
Unitech Construction and Engineering Services Doha, Qatar Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee a Junior Mechanical Engineer and a Mechanical Inspector.
Developed cost estimates, procured equipment and tracked construction progress to efficiently complete large scale projects.
Reviewed shop drawings against the design (tender) drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to project Manager with appropriate comments/approval.
Reviewed material proposal against specified technical performance requirements and advised the Project Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
Read and interpreted blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports.
Advised the Project Manager of any technical aspects of the mechanical services that may affect construction progress, quality and the like.
Undertake general project site observation / inspection of the mechanical services works for Adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, the construction Schedule and health & safety.
Prepared materials take off and technical enquiry requisitions as per material submittal approval.
Coordinated with the Purchasing Department to ensure materials and equipment delivery allocated for the project.
QA/QC MECHANICAL ENGINEER 08/2016 to 03/2017
Tawasol MEP Works Contracting Doha, Qatar
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Undertook general project site observation / inspection of the mechanical services works for Adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, the construction Schedule and health & safety.
Witnessed on-site pipe system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing and other testing that may be required during the first fix works and advice the Project Manager accordingly.
Observed on-site construction and determined construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed to meet the client’s requirements.
Created and carrying out test procedures, investigating problems and diagnosing and repairing faults/troubleshooting.
Balanced, tested and commissioned all mechanical equipment’s such as HVAC equipment’s, chilled water pumps and chillers water balancing, air terminals air balancing, sewage lift station, booster and transfer pumps, LPG system, and Diesel Generator Fuel Piping. PROJECT INVOLVEMENT:
New Villa @ Rayyan
Owned bu H. E. Hamad Ali Hamad Al-Attiyah
Al Rayyan, Doha, Qatar
SR. MECHANICAL ENGINEER 01/2014 to 02/2016
Azmeel Contracting Company Jubail Industrial City, Saudi Arabia Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Project In-charge for Mechanical Section; Contract evaluation, design, engineering, procurement, construction for HVAC, Plumbing/sanitary, site development includes irrigation, and swimming pool system.
Reviewed Contract Requirements for project execution and preparation of material catalogues as per project requirements and specification.
Processed, tracked and distributed submittals and RFI’s.
Managed document control process, including change orders, subcontractor billing, field progress tracking, and purchasing.
Checked & Review shop drawings to ensure in accordance with the design and coordinated with other services including compliance with all the regulatory requirements.
Coordinated project close-out documentation including deficiencies, warranties, maintenance, and final payments.
Processed vendor invoices, reconciled all monthly subcontractor billing, supervised payroll and managed jobsite office.
Inspected the installation (HVAC, plumbing/sanitary, fire protection) to ensure quality and that constructions/installations are in accordance with drawings, specifications and local regulations.
Checked materials deliveries to project site for compliance as per approved materials data / samples.
Participated in site project meetings to discuss and improve work progress.
Prepared Hand Over documents, Operation and maintenance manual. PROJECT INVOLVEMENT:
Construction of Diplomatic Villas and its site development Al Mostaqbal Homes, Diplomatic Quarter, Phase III
Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
MECHANICAL ENGINEER, 09/2011 to 09/2013
Premium Construction W.L.L. Doha, Qatar
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• In-charge for Mechanical Section; tendering, evaluation of design, construction, installation and procurement contract (HVAC, Plumbing/sanitary, fire protection, infrastructure development includes irrigation system, swimming pool).
• Reviewed contract requirements for project execution, preparation of material catalogues as per Qatar Standard Specifications.
• Prepared materials take-off, material costing from suppliers for project tendering.
• Administered construction, documentation, procurement and tracked materials; facilitated punch list completion and ensured accuracy and on-time deliveries.
• Processed, tracked and distributed submittals and RFI’s.
• Inspected mechanical materials delivered to project site for compliance as per approved materials data / samples.
• Checked shop drawings to ensure in accordance with the design and coordinated including compliance with all the regulatory requirements.
• Supervised the work (HVAC, plumbing/sanitary, fire protection) to ensure quality and that constructions/installations are in accordance with drawings, specifications and local regulations.
• Conducted quality control inspection of completed work.
• Managed document control process, including change orders, subcontractor billing, field progress tracking and purchasing.
• Processes vendor invoices, reconciled monthly subcontractor billing and managed job site office.
• Coordinated project close out documentation including deficiencies, warranties and for maintenance.
Construction of Private Residential Villas, Commercial and Industrial buildings, Facilities and Infrastructure development. PROJECT MECHANICAL ENGINEER 07/2002 to 08/2011
Saad Trading, Contracting and Financial Services Company Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project In-charge; materials take-off, quantity surveyor and project tendering mechanical services that includes plumbing/sanitary, fire protection, compressed air system, medical gas system, infrastructure development includes irrigation system.
• Reviewed invitation to Bid documentation and project contract to ensuring that resources, organization, project schedule and contract strategies is appropriate.
• Prepared material submittal in hard and soft copy documentation as per project specification.
• Prepared materials take off and technical enquiry requisitions as per material submittal approval.
• Coordinated with the Purchasing Department to ensure materials and equipment delivery allocated for the project.
• Ensure that all site materials conforming to its designed standard and project specifications and its availability.
• Prepare mechanical work execution plan and manpower requirements relevant to general construction schedule.
• Participate and provide guidance in the technical evaluation of supplier bid offers.
• Plan, execute, supervise, and schedule works relevant to general construction schedule.
• Coordinate mechanical services with others and proposed solutions to avoid clashes.
• Prepare weekly/monthly progress report for project monitoring; prepare Dossier documentation for handover purposes.
Superintendent - Mechanical and Piping System Works 12/2010 to 08/2011 Royal Commission: Construction of Student Dormitories (C-053)
Site development (site preparation, utilities, infrastructure, landscape and hardscape).
Six (6) Student Dormitory Building of six (6) storey each Project Mechanical Engineer 07/2008 to 09/2010
Ma’aden Industrial Building and Ancillary Facilities
Engineering, Procurement and Construction for Industrial and Administration Buildings Ras AZ Zawr for Ma’aden Phosphate Company – Jubail, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia In-house Projects of Saad Group
SAAD Industrial Facility
SAAD Girls/Boys School
Installation of Plumbing/sanitary system, fire water protection system, compressed air and water supply for industrial machines and equipment’s like water jet machine, polishing machine, glass tempering machine, steel bending machine, painting and finishing carpentry machines, HVAC (chilled & air cooled) system, sewage lift Station, RO Plant, Sewage Treatment Plant (STP), 20 - Diesel Engine Power supply, and site development like installation of Fire Pump, Fire Hydrant and its piping, swimming, fountain, and irrigation system.
PROJECT MECHANICAL ENGINEER 10/2000 to 11/2001
HTE Integrated Services, Incorporated Mandaluyong City, Philippines Specific Duties and Responsibilities/Scope of Work:
Prepared materials take off and cost estimate for Bid Evaluation purpose including procurement of construction material and variations of the project. Supervised the installation of Air handling Units (AHU), VAV, Fire and Smoke Dampers, chilled water piping works, plumbing services like installation of fixtures, hot and cooled water supply, pumps, and related services.
Supervised, planned, and scheduled works relevant to general construction schedule.
Reviewed and follows code and standard related to project specification for the proper implementation and quality compliance.
Supervised and check the preparation of shop and as-built drawing, submittals, and procurement of construction materials, change orders, variations, and progress weekly report and monthly billing preparation.
Supervised testing, balancing and commissioning of the system as per design required for occupancy.
Preventive and maintenance of air-conditioning system, plumbing, and fire protection system covered by one year project warranty.
Attended coordination and safety meeting.
LKG Tower (formerly ICEC) 6801, Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Philippines
38TH floor, Executive Office, ICEC Land Corporation, Inc.
11th Floor, Food Odyssey, ICEC Land Corporation, Inc.
24th, 25th & 26th Floor. AB AMRO Offices
27th Floor, Interco-Office, ICEC Land Corporation, Inc.
28th Floor, Proposed Office, ICEC Land Corporation, Inc. PROJECT MECHANICAL ENGINEER 03/1998 to 09/2000
O V Roy General Contracting Company Manila City, Philippines Specific Duties and Responsibilities/Scope of Work:
Supervision, planning, and schedule of installation of Centralized Water Cooled Air condition system that includes condenser piping, heat exchanger, cooling tower, primary & secondary pumps, AHU’s, ducting installation, air grilles and dampers, and fuel piping system supplying the Diesel Generator set of the building.
Prepared materials take off and cost estimate for Bid Evaluation including procurement of construction materials, variations and changes as per contract is concerned.
Reviewed and follow code and standard related to project specifications for the proper implementation and quality compliance of the works.
Secure catalogues, sample, and test certificates of materials from various suppliers for approval as per project requirement and specifications.
Supervised in the installation of ductworks, Pumps, Heat Exchangers, Cooling Tower, AHU’s, Fans, blowers, Grilles, Dampers, and Diesel Generator System.
Supervised and check the preparation of shop/as-built drawing, material submittals, change orders, materials specification approval, weekly and monthly progress billing.
Testing, balancing and commissioning of the air conditioning system.
Attend weekly coordination meeting with other contractors and proposed solutions to avoid clashes. Conduct weekly tool box and monthly safety meeting. PROJECT INVOLVEMENT:
LKG (Formerly ICEC) TOWER, #-6801 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Philippines. A 43 – Storey Office building with six basement levels, fifteen levels of parking area and offices. The building provided with centralized water-cooled Air-conditioned units with a total capacity of 2100 TR, centralized ventilation (smoke, exhaust, and fresh) air system, and Diesel Generator system.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) ● Procurement
Adobe Acrobat Professional ● Quality Assurance/Control
● Computer Aided Design (CAD) ● Project costing, estimation/tendering
TRAINING AND SEMINARS
QA/QC and Quality Management Systems Training Course (ISO 9001 : 2008) Conducted by Dr. Atef Abd El Moghny/Faculty of Eng. Cairo University Internal Quality Auditing (ISO 9001 : 2008)
Conducted by National Inspection & Technical Testing Co. Ltd.
Proper Installation and Handling of RTR Pipes & FRP Pipes By: AMIANTIT Group of Companies, Bond strand, Ltd. Automatic Fire Suppression System When & Where required and System Integration Fundamental of Water Based Fire Protection System Design Fire Safety in Construction
Key Consideration for the Design of Fire Protection System & Common Causes of System Failure with a Case Study
Fire Pump Manual Hydraulic Calculation
Advance Design of HVAC System
NFPA 13 Application
Safety Design in Oil and Gas HVAC System
QA/QC and Quality Management Systems Training Course EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT
School Date in Attendance Degree
DMMMSU – Middle La Union Campus March 1997 Bachelor of Science in City of San Fernando, La Union, Philippines Mechanical Engineering AFFILIATION
• Mechanical Engineer Board Passer
By ` : Professional Regulation Commission
Place : Manila, Philippines
License no. : 52744
• Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineer – Qatar Chaper By ` : Professional Regulation Commission
Place : Qatar Chapter
Category : Member
• Grade A: Mechanical Engineer
By ` : Urban Planning and development Authority
Place : Doha, Qatar
Category : Grade A (to re-enroll)
• Degree of Professional Mechanical Engineer
By ` : Saudi Council of Engineers
Place : Riyadh, Saudi Kingdom of Arabia
Membership no. : 202080
Date of Birth : 16 May, 1974
Sex : Male
Marital Status : Married
Religion : Christian
Citizenship : Filipino
Language Spoken : Tagalog / English
• Jack Haider, Operation Manager
Unitech Construction and Engineering Services
• Crizaldy Jayag, Sr. Electrical Engineer
Premium Construction W.L.L.
I hereby certify that the above information’s are true and correct as to my knowledge and honest belief.