David B. Montgomery
Email: email@example.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbmontgomery 1 MAY 2019
Seeking SR Technical Sales, Biz Dev, Account Manager - TS/SCI + Poly Expert in Cloud, H/W, & S/W solutions with a deep understanding of underlying architecture and function with extensive hands-on technical experience. Equally comfortable wearing jeans using a screwdriver, or in a suit presenting to CEO’s. Experienced as a public speaker and teacher of complex technical data. Trained in relationship building methods and executive conversation, skilled in developing deep personal relationships with customers, vendors, and partners. Excellent program management skills delivering on time and under budget. Extensive experience as a road- warrior with 9 out of the last 12 years working remote with up to 80% travel. Highly disciplined individual with military background. Consistent high performer and excellent presenter/communicator either written or verbal. Skills
Business Development Sales Negotiation Presales Management Military Cyber Public Speaking Cloud Security Servers Storage Program Mgr DOD National Security Hardware Networking Consulting Data Center Project Mgr Marketing Relationship Building Software Intelligence Infrastructure Sales Engineer Tech Writing Flash Employment History
10/16-5/19 NetApp/SolidFire Vienna, VA – SR Acct. Exec. SolidFire & Cloud Infrastructure Data Center Sales & Business Development for the IC region. Cleared TS/SCI +Poly. 12/14-10/16 NCS Technologies Gainesville, VA – Business Development Mgr National Outside Sales and Biz Dev for OEM & custom servers, server appliances at contract mfg system integrator. 08/12-05/14 Oracle Inc Reston, VA – Storage Account Executive Provided sales coverage for US Government intelligence agencies (NRO & NGA) for the entire line of Sun/StorageTek Storage products. Cleared TS/SCI+Poly.
06/11-08/12 Dell Inc Virginia – Federal Service Delivery Manager Provided Dell service and support for an undisclosed Intelligence Agency in support of entire product line of hardware, software, and services including cloud, storage, data center, servers, workstations, management. Cleared TS/SCI+Poly. 06/08-10/15 DBMC Inc Virginia – Self Employed – 1099 Contractor Contract 09/14-9/15 VA – Biz Dev Consultant for Information Innovators Inc. Part-Time Business Development activities for the Geospatial & Intelligence division. Cleared TS. Contract 01/11-05/11 Adelphi MD, SETA for ARL Biz Dev Part-time consultant providing ARL Sensors Division with SETA support in area of Hostile Fire Indication and networked sensor research efforts. Aided Business Development & Transition of existing Threat Detection (HFI) systems, and in deconflicting new research and in collaboration/ teaming arrangements with DARPA and other labs on related efforts. Cleared TS/SCI.
Contract 01/11-03/11 Arlington VA – SETA for DARPA Part-time consultant assisted the DARPA I2O TailWind program data collection and system level test. I wrote CONOP relevant scripts for vehicle and dismount actors participating in an aerial sensor system data collection. I also performed as an actor and assisted in the conduct of said data collections. Scripts included Blue and Red force, current TTPs and up to 12 actors and 6 vehicles. Cleared TS/SCI.
Contract 06/08-10/10 Arlington, VA – SETA for DARPA Full time Technical SETA and second-in-command to the DARPA IPTO PM for ULTRA-Vis, CIMARRON, & various other Seedling and SBIR efforts in both phases 1 and 2. I managed all efforts on her behalf driving and implementing commander’s intent. I organized and conducted all technical and programmatic reviews, all meetings and reporting. I participated in source selection and down selection and all proposal reviews. I am very war fighter and transition focused, building extensive relationships in the SOCOM, and Navy/SPAWAR communities. I conducted thorough technical reviews of every technology concept presented to my PM & ensured they got the best possible information. I acted as a sounding board for new ideas, concept and proposal development. Cleared TS/SCI. David B. Montgomery
2 MAY 2019
• Planned, Coordinated, and Conducted the ULTRA-Vis Challenge event at Camp Rudder, Jan 10.
• Nominated, and one of only 3 finalists, for “DARPA SETA of the year” Dec 09. (Citation available). 05/07-5/08 Violin Memory Inc Washington DC – VP Sales, OEM and Federal First sales person on staff. Hired to establish a customer base & initiate revenue for a startup hardware company with a switched fabric memory architecture and memory appliance products. Special focus on Federal Government, and large scale OEM/ODM customers. Assisted in securing a special HyperTransport HTX license from AMD. Hired and trained all new sales staff, setup Salesforce.com, and established regions and responsibilities. Honed the sales pitch & slides.
• Launched Violin 1010DRAM Memory Appliance at Linux World 07, and SC07.
• Successfully sold the very first DRAM Memory Appliance to MIT/LL in March 08. 10/06-04/07 Tyan Computer Washington DC – Sr. Dir. Sales & Market Dev Hired to create a Custom ODM/OEM Security Appliance division and to launch branded/OEM desk side cluster personal supercomputer TyanPSC product line. Also worked on large-scale Data-Center sales opportunities. 11/02-10/06 Flextronics (Iwill USA) Irvine, CA – Sr. Dir. Business Dev Cofounded the OEM and Appliance division at Iwill USA. Responsible for sales, operations, and product development of custom server appliance systems for specialized network security software and OEM server platforms at the board and system level. Tasked with revenue, unit volume, and margin growth for both standard and OEM custom product.
• Built monthly revenue from $0 to $4 Million in less than 4 years.
• Introduced full turnkey System Integration into overall product offerings/strategy in December 2002.
• Designed, sourced, and built computer assembly line capable of 1,000 computer systems per week.
• Iwill USA was acquired by Flextronics 8/01/2006 and was made a subsidiary of Flextronics. 04/98-02/06 Motorcycle Safety Foundation CA & OR, Instructor Nationally certified motorcycle safety instructor, teaching beginning riders & experienced riders courses on weekends. 03/92-09/02 Intel Corporation Portland, OR & Santa Ana, CA 7/01-9/02 Santa Ana, CA – Channel Applications Engineer 7/99-7/01 Santa Ana, CA – Field Applications Engineer Covered Toshiba America locally and Toshiba worldwide remotely. Responsible for technical sales of Mobile, Desktop, Servers, Networking, Embedded, and Handheld Intel products using relationship building, consultative sales methods.
• Intel Top Achievers Club for 2000 with 142% of plan as a Field Applications Engineer.
• Performed at 114% in ‘99, 142% in '00, 126% in ‘01, ~130% for ’02 as an FAE.
• Carried worldwide team sales quotas of up to $775 million. 10/96-7/99 Portland, OR – Technical Marketing Engineer – Servers 12/94-10/96 Portland, OR – Project Coordinator – Custom & OEM Servers 01/93-12/94 Portland, OR – Product Support Engineer – Faxmodems 03/92-01/93 Portland, OR – Customer Support Technician II – Faxmodems 03/91-04/92 Various Portland, OR – Self Employed Consultant 03/87-03/91 Intergraph Corporation Portland OR – Field Engineer 06/86-03/87 Various Portland, OR – Electronics Technician Military Service
03/03-12/04 U. S. Army, National Guard SGT, Military Intelligence Analyst Honorable Discharge. E5 (SGT) in US Army National Guard. MOS 96B, Military Intelligence Analyst. 10/82-04/86 U. S. Navy, USS Bluefish SSN 675 Norfolk, VA – ET2/SS Honorably Discharged, Electronics Technician 2nd Class Petty Officer (E-5), Qualified submarines on 637 class.
• TS/SBI security clearance from 1983 until discharge in April 1986. Education
08/00-10/03 University of Phoenix, Costa Mesa, CA
BS Information Technology (BSIT)