AMBER COTTON, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC
954-***-**** • email@example.com
FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER
Experience as an intensive care nurse since 2001. Experience working with the Veterans Administration to examine medical records for relevant information to help support or not support veterans’ service-connected medical claims. Experienced in acute care management, chronic disease management, urgent care, emergency room care, and primary care. Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to promote health and well being for children, women and adults. Experience in educating and guiding patients on disease management, disease prevention, and health promotion.
RELATED SKILL SET
• Health Assessments and Diagnosis •Medical History • Physical Examinations •Well Women Exams
• Prenatal Assessments• Immunizations • Health Screenings • Diagnostic Investigations
• Prescribing • Medication Administration • Health Care Management • Therapeutic Intervention • Suturing
•Wound Care • Documentation • Risk Mitigation • Health Promotion • Prevention of Injury and Illness
• Consultation and Collaboration • ICD-10 coding
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Master of Science in Nursing – University of Miami – 2012
Entrepreneurship Executive Masters in Business for Veterans-Purdue University-2013
Bachelor of Science in Nursing – University of Miami - 2007
Licensed Practical Nurse – United States Army Nurse Corps - 2001
ANCC Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certification 2013
Critical Care Certification – Cleveland Clinic, FL
Veterans Evaluations Services November 2016-Present
• Independent health care practitioner obtaining and analyzing medical records from the Veteran Administration Health Care System prior to evaluating veterans who are requesting ratings for service-connected disabilities.
• Prior to evaluating a veteran, the medical records are thoroughly reviewed for any discrepancies for the most compelling evidence while identifying any missing or fraudulent documentation, to support or not support the veteran’s claims.
• After examining the veteran, another review process of medical records are done, to help support or not support the veterans claims, as well as note all missing records and records that are suspicious for fraudulent documentation, in the next round of request for records from the Veteran Administration Health Care System to include diagnostic services, photographs, and lab testing.
Dr. Jeffrey Kamlet, Internal Medicine and Pain Management January 2015-Present
• Independent licensed practitioner working under a physician performing clinical assessments on new patients, consult to, and follow up on patients at the clinic for internal medicine and pain management.
• Responsible for providing episodic and chronic care, as well as screening and educational assistance to the clinic’s patients
• Provide quality care to patients by following the most current evidence-based practice guideline and procedure of practice
• Acting within established delegated authority policy and procedures, order drugs and treatment for patients.
Pioneer Clinical Research January 2015-Present
• Sub-clinical investigator for phase II-IV studies
• Extensive training in CITI and experience for phase II-IV studies
• Effective communication skills with clinical research team and specialists
University of Miami School of Nursing - Adjunct Professor August 2013-December 2015
• Effectively implements course curriculum to provide students the opportunity to meet their course objectives and program requirements.
• Promote and empower students’ behaviors/attitudes that are supportive of School of Nursing students and mission, BSN (traditional and accelerated) Program objectives, focusing on the profession of nursing.
• Focused on cooperation and communication with the multidisciplinary team in each ward at University of Miami Hospital including the Clinical Staff and Medical Directors during grand rounds, specialists, as well as their client and their families.
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute – Nurse Practitioner Clinical Educator May 2013-June 2014
• Aided in the creation and establishment of the Aesthetic and Cosmetic Treatment Department for Bascom Palmer Eye Institute as a protégé of Dr. Sara Wester, (Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology).
• Functioned as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse as the Clinical Educator and Operating Room Assistant for the Ocluofacial Plastic Surgery, Reconstructive Surgery, Orbital Surgery, and Aesthetic and Cosmetic Treatment departments.
• Responsible for increasing sales revenue by 36% for the Bascom Palmer Oculoplastic Department in 6 months.
• Conducted clinical studies for the Ophthalmology Oculoplastic Research Department on emerging laser technologies.
• Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing
• American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Member
• Society of Collegiate Scholars
• Florida Nurses Association Member
Disaster Relief University of Miami Health System/Medishare, Au Port Prince, Haiti March 2008
Specialty Nurse, RN, ICU, Trauma and Orthopedics
• Volunteered to work in the intensive care unit as a registered charge nurse for a disaster relief mission in collaboration with University of Miami’s project Medishare after the Haiti earthquake.
• Collaborated with the multidisciplinary team to treat clients with myocardial infarctions, motor vehicle accidents, spinal cord injuries, amputees, and tuberculosis.
• Efficient in taking care of over 25 patients per shift due to lack of staffing, while taking charge of all advanced cardiac life support
Manager of a Trauma Intensive Care Unit in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom Jan 2003-July 2003
• Served the Unites States Army Nurse Corps as the manager for a trauma intensive care unit (ICU) as a non-commissioned officer of a 12 bed ICU special jump team, consisting of a 44 bed slice unit, from a 296 bed unit, to be the first surgical support team to support Operation Iraqi Freedom during March 2003.
• While serving, was responsible for maintaining and being accountable for approximately $350,000 worth of the first used in combat Chemical Protected Deployable Medical System (CP DEPMEDS) in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom from January 2003-July-2003.
Howard County General Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Columbia, MD
Registered Nurse, Special Care Unit (ICU stepdown)
Miami VA Medical Center, Miami, FL
Registered Nurse, PICC insertion nurse/SICU
Cleveland Clinic Hospital, Weston, FL
Registered Nurse, Open Heart Nurse, MICU/SIUC/CVICU