firstname.lastname@example.org • 215-***-**** • Greater Philadelphia Area
LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/evan-grossman • Twitter: @evan9rossman Website: estreet44.journoportfolio.com
EMMY AWARD-WINNING WRITER • RAZOR-SHARP EDITOR • DYNAMIC PROJECT MANAGER Organized and energetic digital native with more than two decades of professional writing and marketing experience. Owns diverse skills and an unimpeachable work ethic, shaped by high-level work in journalism and branded content. MARKETING WRITER • The Vanguard Group • Malvern, PA • 2018-present
• Contractor position supports news and marketing teams for an investment advisor with more than $5.3 trillion in assets under management.
• Create advertorial paid content published on exterior websites including Kiplinger.com, Investopedia and The Balance.
• Strategize corporate marketing content development and distribution across digital channels with more than 1 million quarterly page views.
• Blog manager responsible for WordPress maintenance, moderating comments, client feedback and setting an editorial calendar. MANAGING EDITOR • McNeill Media Group • Yardley, PA • 2010-present
• Lead copywriter and director of all custom publishing content.
• Key responsibilities include writing and editing a series of magazines and newsletters for anchor clients including Choice Hotels International and Red Lion Hotels Corporation.
SPORTS COLUMNIST • New York Daily News • New York, NY • 2016-2018
• Pitched, researched and reported on provocative issues that sparked significant web traffic and was widely shared on social media.
• Generated more than 500,000 page views in January and February 2018 with thoughtful and timely enterprise work around Super Bowl LII.
• Two-time Associated Press Sports Editors finalist (2016, 2017) for investigative work that examined publicly financed stadiums, and efforts to make football safer for concussions and brain injuries. FREELANCE JOURNALIST • Rolling Stone, Men’s Journal, VICE Media • 2014-2016
• Sold, researched and wrote original content for consumer-facing magazine websites.
• Established professional relationships through determined networking and exemplary client service. INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER • Watchdog.org • Alexandria, VA • 2014-2016
• Exclusive reporting exposed more than $1.7 million in annual waste and mismanagement within the School District of Philadelphia and led to the introduction of at least two pieces of state legislation to stop it. SPORTS EDITOR • Heavy.com • New York, NY • 2014-2015
• Built a team and helped to launch a successful sports vertical for a news website with more than 35 million unique monthly visitors.
• Mastered proven SEO practices and crafted a search-specific editorial calendar to leverage increased site traffic. SENIOR EDITOR • Football.com • Irvine, CA • 2014-2015
• Lead creative mind in the development, launch and organic growth of a football entertainment website.
• Created the daily organizational flow, editorial calendar, management structure and site identity.
• Recruited and managed a staff of more than 100 contributing writers and editors. MANAGING EDITOR • Packet Publications • Princeton, NJ • 2010-2011
• Dynamic newsroom leader that helped guide print and online news produced by a staff that regularly out-performed local competitors. HEAD WRITER, NHL PRODUCTIONS • National Hockey League • New York, NY • 2006-2009
• Oversaw written content of all news, documentaries and syndicated content broadcast across multiple platforms including television, online, advertising collateral and in arenas.
• Won 2010 New England Emmy Award (One-Time Sports Special) for History of the Boston Bruins. REPORTER • New York Post • New York, NY • 2000-2006
• Regularly broke news in a highly competitive market, requiring exemplary communication skills and an ability to independently investigate, interview and maintain the confidentiality of sources against strict deadlines and aggressive competition. STAFF WRITER • The Jersey City Reporter • Hoboken, NJ • 1999-2000
• Covered gritty street news, police, crime and municipal government policymaking for a weekly watchdog newspaper. EDITOR • PRNewswire • New York, NY • 1999-1998
• Edited, styled and formatted press releases for broadcast across a global newswire service. TEMPLE UNIVERSITY • BA, COMMUNICA TIONS, 1998 • MAGNA CUM LAUDE