James Archibald Smith
Date of Birth: 19/04/1995 (Ibiza) Nationality: British Availability June 2019
I am looking for a position as a Deck Cadet Officer to gain experience and to complete the required months of sea time to obtain a STCW OOW certificate. Education and STCW Certificates
• Degree in Nautical Science and Maritime transport, 09/2014 - 07/2018 Finished University of Cantabria (Spain), School of Maritime Engineering
*Award for Outstanding Graduate
• Master in Nautical Science and Maritime Management, Reading 2018/2019 (Blended) University of Cantabria (Spain), School of Maritime Engineering
- FAMILIARIZATION AND BASIC SAFETY TRAINING
- CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY IN SECURITY AWARNESS AND DESIGNATED SECURITY DUTIES
- SURVIVAL CRAFT AND RESCUE BOATS OTHER THAN FAST RESCUE BOATS
- FAST RESCUE BOATS
- ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING
- (ARPA) AUTOMATIC RADAR PLOTTING AIDS
- (ECDIS) ELECTRONIC CHART DISPLAY AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- PASSENGER SHIPS
- ADVANCED TRAINING FOR LIQUIFIED GAS TANKER CARGO OPERATIONS
- ADVANCED TRAINING FOR OIL TANKERS CARGO OPERATIONS
- ADVANCED TRAINING FOR CHEMICAL TANKERS CARGO OPERATIONS
- GMDSS GENERAL OPERATOR CERTIFICATE (GOC)
- COMPANY SECURITY OFFICER (CSO)
July 2018 – September 2018. Deck Cadet Officer a BALEARIA EUROLINEAS MARÍTIMAS.
• Three months as Deck Cadet on “M/V Martin i Soler”. Winter of 2017-2018. Deck Cadet Officer at “SERCOMISA (Trasmapi)”
• Three months as Deck Cadet on different ships.
Summer of 2017. Skipper and Sales Rep. at “Náutico Ereso S.L.”
• Sales and boat transports for company dedicated to boat sale, maintenance and management. Summer of 2015 and 2016. Sailing instructor at “Club Náutico Santa Eulalia”.
• Included managing large groups of pupils and organizing activities under my responsibility. 09/2013 – 07/2014. Deckhand on 30 meter sailing vessel “Coral of Cowes”
• Included a transatlantic passage and charter season in the Caribbean. Maintenance and general deckhand duties.
English, Spanish and Catalan. (All at mother tongue level) Other documents of interest
- Seaman ́s Discharge Book -Yellow fever, 2018 (Valid for life)
- Cadet Certificate