Lamar G. Marks
• Financial Reporting & Analysis
• Operational Policies & Procedures
• Budget Control/Forecasting
• Regulatory Reporting/Compliance
• Extensive International Accounting Experience
• Strategic Planning & Execution
Hawkins Parnell & Young, LLP Atlanta, GA
Controller 2017 – 2019
• Responsible for preparation and analysis of financial results including monitoring key performance indicators; profitability, trend and variance analysis; preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations. Findings and recommendations presented to firm’s managing partner, CFO and Director of Accounting.
• Established and maintained appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets, ensure proper recording of transactions, compliance with firm policies and promote operational efficiency. Reviewed and documented accounting processes with a focus on policy creation and/or process improvements to address control weaknesses or inefficiencies noted.
• Primary point of contact for external accounting firm responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements and tax filings.
• Ensured compliance with state and local regulations through the filing and/or renewal of licenses and registrations. Kurt Salmon US, Inc. Atlanta, GA
Assistant Controller, Asia Pacific Region 2003 – 2017
• Led accounting and financial reporting for the Asia Pacific Region consisting of operations in Japan, Hong Kong, China and Singapore. Duties included creating and analyzing monthly financial statements and business metrics; preparation of budgets and forecasts; cash management/treasury functions and generating journal entries and reconciliations.
• Provided oversight of accounting firms outsourced to maintain statutory accounting records including in-depth review, reconciliation and analyses of financial statements and tax filings prepared.
• Member of global finance team created to manage the firm’s financial, accounting, treasury and reporting initiatives; identification of business risks and cost reduction opportunities; and assisting firm management in the development of global business strategies.
Senior Accountant 2001 – 2003
• Provided accounting and financial statement support for the firm’s North American subsidiaries comprised of 3 domestic subsidiaries and foreign operations in both Mexico and Canada. Spherion Inc. Atlanta, GA
Accounting Supervisor, Outsourcing Solutions Group 2000 – 2001
• Responsible for accounting and financial statement support for the IBM division of the Outsourcing Solutions Group; the IBM division consisted of approximately 325 sites that generated annual revenues in excess of $150M.
• Reviewed and analyzed monthly profit and loss activity to ensure accuracy and completeness, provided insight into variances from forecast and/or deviations from trend for both the field organization and management team. KPMG LLP. Chicago, IL
Supervising Senior Accountant and Senior Accountant 1997 – 2000
• Provided financial statement audits, compliance audits and assurance-based advisory services to clients including electronics partnerships; international manufacturing corporations; not-for-profit entities; and federal, state and local government agencies and pension plans.
• Managed multiple assurance engagement field activities including daily contact with client management and providing supervision of engagement assurance staff.
• Selected for national instructor program and instructed Assurance Fundamentals for assurance professional new hires
• Instructed Vector, firm assurance software course, for Chicago office senior accountants and managers. Staff Accountant 1995 – 1997
• Performed audit procedures as assigned including preparation of appropriate work papers.
• Identified, researched and communicated auditing and accounting issues to engagement senior accountant. EDUCATION
Georgetown University, Georgetown School of Business, Washington, D.C. Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting