William L. Crupi
PO Box 677 Oldsmar Florida, 34677
Experienced Technical Professional who works well with minimum supervision. Self-motivated individual with over 30 years’ experience in technical environments. Adept at prioritizing and completing tasks to meet customers’ needs. Safety-minded and a good communicator with strong computer skills. Customer oriented problem solver with an ability to adapt to new situations. A quick learner with a desire for continuous personal growth. Diverse technical experience includes: TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Devops - Build and Release Engineering, Build tools, Micro services, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, understanding of Agile and Scrum Methods, Configuration Management, Automation, Soft skills, Source Control, Containers, scripting, and Cloud Technology.
• Programming - C++, Python, Perl, Groovy, Java, Intel x86/64 assembly.
• Database - Familiar with Oracle, MySql, PostGres, and Couchdb
• System Administration - Linux (Ubuntu, Centos, Redhat), Solaris and Aix. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Time Warner, Tampa Florida 1993- 2018
1993 - 1999
Database Administration Manager:
Duties included managing 10 DBA’s. The database software was Oracle and Mysql. Designed and built Databases for various applications. Designed and build backup and recovery for the Databases.
Key skills - SQL and Database Schema Design, and DDL 2000 - 2013
Linux and Unix Administration:
Team Leader responsible for 1000+ servers world wide. Staff included 10 Linux Admins. Servers were Physical and Virtual. My focus was delivery and maintaining servers. This included Configuration, security, Disaster Recovery, Backup and recovery, networking, patching, and filesystem builds. Migrated data center from in house to a Colocation facility. Key skills - Bash Scripting, Python, and Perl, Puppet and Chef, NetBackup, LVM, Cron, Yum, Apt, Splunk, Log management, Web Server management, Virtualization using VMWare. T
2013 - 2018
Involved in designing and deploying a multitude application utilizing almost all the AWS stack
(including EC2, Route 53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, NAT, VPC, ELB) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation. Setup CI using Jenkins, Docker, and ELB. Used Lambda for some Micro services and Administration. Migrated 300 Servers to the cloud.Built Hadoop cluster for Data Scientists. Key Skills - AWS Cloud technologies specified above. AWS CLI, AWS ELB CLI.
· Architect a system for Generating Letter Generation
· Design Redhat Servers to house large Oracle Peoplesoft systems
· Built a Disaster Recovery Procedure for all Unix systems and databases
· Designed Security procedures that are Sarbanes-Oxley Compliant
· Designed Proxy Server for large Web use internally
· Used golang to design reporting for data analysis of scanner data on a Mac and Windows
· Used golang on arm processor to read data over serial communications
· To gather data from a scanner
· Wrote Laser Show Software and Dental Software as an independent Miscellaneous Projects:
Snap Dental 1999 - 2018
Designed and wrote Dental imaging software.
Designed and wrote windows drivers for portable x-ray equipment New Method Laser 1999 - 2018
Designed and wrote Laser light show software (used at Epcot in the 90’s Installed and upgraded Cognos servers as an independent consultant for Georgia Tech. Gorilla Systems 1994 - 2000
Work as a software developer for the following professional games 1995 FlipOut! Atari, DOS, Jaguar, Windows
1995 Mattel Media Adventures with Barbie: Ocean Discovery 1998 Mattel Media Detective Barbie in The Mystery of Carnival Caper! 1998 Mattel Media Barbie as Sleeping Beauty
1999 Mattel Media Barbie's Photo Designer and Digital Camera. (Won an Emmy award)
ATCO NDT 2006-Present
Projects include Non Destructive Testing and EMAT (Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers)
I programmed these devices using the following micro controllers: Stamp, XMOS, STM32, Propeller, Atmel, ARM, AVR, mbone, plus others Designed and programmed on the NDT analysis software It was written for nVidia GPGPUs using CUDA. Other Parallel experience includes Erlang.
The following technologies used for all the projects above include: Programming languages include C, C++,Golang, X86/65 Assembler, Delphi(Pascal), and python.I also have experience in the following technologies: OpenGL, DirectX, CUDA, and QT. KPMG Peat Marwick Montvale N.J. 1989-1992
· Manage Datacenter Operations.
· Design Electronic delivery of client information. PSE&G Newark N.J. 1985-1988
· Design LAN infrastructure
· Program Billing Modules.
· Design User Interfaces
· B.S. Computer Science, Montclair State University, 1985
· Equivalent certifications in Oracle, Solaris, Mysql, and AIX.
· CDA Certification.
· Play the Guitar, practice Yogi, Play Flag football, BasketBall, and Kayak.
· I also like to travel.