Merchandise Manager – Retail Industry
firstname.lastname@example.org +974-******* Doha, Qatar
Results-driven professional with proven business development and 15 plus years of extensive management experience. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable manager who can effectively motivate employees to performance excellence and foster a team environment focused on group success. Highly capable of front-end / back-end store management skills in areas of customer service, purchase, sales, display merchandising, specialized product knowledge, in store product demonstration, staff training / motivation, warehousing, reporting and problem resolution. EXPERTISE
2014 - Present Le Celebre (A Unit of Tusker Textiles Pvt. Ltd.) Hyderabad - India Merchandise Manager (Retail)
(Multi brands Men & Women’s Wear Store)
• New stores/ set-ups from scratch after in-depth analysis of supply scenario & profitability calculations.
• Negotiated with brands / suppliers for sourcing of products including analysis of pricing parameters & profit margins, to secure the best interests of the organization.
• Responsible for Sales forecasting & ensuring optimum inventory levels to achieve Monthly Target
• Weekly replenishments and ensure that planned stocks reaches the store in time.
• Redefined base stock from the current level, based on the area, planned options, sales targets and trends in order to create the desired look within the brand.
• Mentored and monitored the performance of staff members to ensure efficiency in process operations and meeting sales targets.
• Analyzed Stock vs. Sales, Slow and Fast Movers in each category and monitored the brand / supplier performance on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Took Immediate Actions to improve low performing Brand.
• Based on category / brand / supplier wise performance monthly stock requirement options are planned in advance.
• Handled team of two department managers and 20 sales associates. Actively involved in day to day Store Operations.
• Got stocks according to merchandise plan from Brands to Warehouse and from warehouse to floor.
• Planned promotional offers in consultation with brands to enhance and improve the business operations.
2009 - 2013 Mebaz (Meena Bazar Designer Studio) Hyderabad - India Executive – Purchase Department
(Men’s Wear Apparel & Textile Store)
• Assigned daily task to the team and assure that before any stock leaves the warehouse, all the entries including description, style code, quantity, MRP etc., are correct and right tags fixed to right products.
• Communicated and Coordinated with all five store managers and send stock as per their requirements.
• Communicated with store managers regarding new stock requirements and place orders with brands/ suppliers.
• Coordinated with brands and Finance department for timely payment for suppliers and avail the discount offered to the company.
• Planned and monitored warehouse operations of receipt, storage, return of unsold stock, inventory control, etc.
• Supervised inside and outside movement of various goods / stock.
• Created and sustained a dynamic environment that fosters development opportunities and motivates high performance amongst team members.
Team Work Leadership Negotiation
Retail Store Management Vendor Management Inventory Management Shrink Reduction
2005 - 2009 Madhu Chawla Exports New Delhi - India Production Coordinator
(Women’s Wear Apparel Exports)
• Coordinated with Production and Purchase departments effectively to achieve the objectives of the Organization.
• Prepared Job Card with details and Samples of Fabrics, Trims and Accessories.
• Calculated the requirements of Fabric, Trims and Accessories as per the buyer’s bulk order.
• Coordinated with purchase department and fabric department to receive bulk fabric trims and accessories on time.
• Sent fabrics, trims and accessories to sampling department to get pre-production samples as per buyer’s Specifications.
• Got buyer’s approval of pre-production sample.
• Planned bulk production start and end date.
• Got bulk production garments to finishing department and coordinated with finishing department manager to finish and pack as per buyer’s specifications.
• Arranged for buyer’s final inspection.
• Taken care of every shipment dispatched on time as per buyer’s delivery date instructions. EDUCATION
M.B.A. Master of Business Administration, 61% (First Class) Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, India
A.P.E. Apparel Production Engineering, 81% (Distinction) A.L.T. Training College, Bangalore, India
C.F.G.T. Certificate in Fashion & Garment Technology, 92% (Distinction) D.V.R. IFT, Hyderabad, India
D.T.T. Diploma in Textile Technology, 70% (First Class) P.A.C.R. Polytechnic, Rajapalayam, India
• MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Internet Applications)
• Retail Software modules (Retail Pro & My Accounts) HONOURS AND AWARDS
• Received Internship Topper award in ATDC (Apparel Training and Design Centre) from Honorable then Chief Minister of A.P. Mr. Chandra Babu Naidu.
• State Rank holder in S.S.L.C. and received Merit Scholarship from Ministry of Education Tamil Nadu. INTERESTS
Bicycle Traveling Music Cooking Television Gardening PERSONAL DETALILS: LANGUAGES
Father’s Name : K. Sethu English : Read Write Speak Mother’s Name : S. Chandra Hindi : Read Write Speak Passport Number : S9940436 Tamil : Read Write Speak Passport Validity : up to 26.03.2029 Telugu : Speak Date of Birth : 02.11.1977
Marital Status : Married