Apple Certified Support Professional with 15+ years working for educational institutions, commercial enterprises, chip manufacturer, computer retailer, independent consultant.
• Know all Apple hardware, including all OS X computers and iOS devices.
Mobile Device Management for devices including iOS, Windows Surface, Android, OS X. Extensive work with Windows.
Deployment experience with all major systems
• 2019: Lead Apple Support Specialist for Teksystems working for Smarsh, a data retention company.
• 2015 -- 2017: Lead Apple Support Specialist for CGI, an IT company working for KinderCare Education, a leading pre-K through Grade 8 education company; brands include KinderCare, Champions, KCE@Work.
• 2014: Main IT Support person for TWO employers, PNCA, a private non-profit art school and the Portland eBay office, with large developer staff.
• Managed OS X Server for University Arts Center with over 1000 users per year, using 75 computers across three labs in two buildings.
• Qualified as Command Center technician for chip fabrication plant.
• Recovered medical payment database worth $500,000.00 for physician.
• Taught computer classes for local library from self-written manuals
• Saved two vital projects for ad agency due to file corruption and hardware failure (2012)
• Recovered 864 gigabytes of data from damaged hard drive for video editor (2013)
• Also worked in radio industry for seven years in sales, advertising, promotion.
• iOS Developer Membership
Software: All versions of Apple iOS, Macintosh OS through macOS Mojave, OS X Server and Profile Manager, Windows 7/8.1/10, Office365, Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud, CAD Programs, TouchPaper, Absolute Manager, Jamf Suite, AirWatch, Service-Now, CompuTrace, Altiris, Remedy, Bomgar remote access software, plus all Macintosh apps and a wide variety of educational, commercial and proprietary software.
Hardware: PCs, Macs, iOS, Android and Surface mobile devices
Industries: Education (K-12, University), Radio broadcasting, Retailing, Restaurants, Publishing, Silicon Chip Manufacturing
Apple Help desk Technician. Smarsh/TekSystems
Portland, OR. January, 2019 – June, 2019
• Ran all Macintosh computer support for IT data company, Smarsh.
Worked as Jamf Pro administrator, updating the MDM server
Software and doing standard tasks of imaging computers, troubleshooting, and adding pages of instructions to the IT run book.
Apple Consultant/Desktop Support KinderCare Education/CGI, Inc.,
Portland, OR April, 2015 – May, 2017
• Lead Apple support for all OS X and iOS devices for local corporate headquarters staff and 1400+ nationwide branches of KinderCare
and affiliated pre-K and elementary learning centers in 34 states.
• Ordering and setup for 10,000+ iPads, iPhones, other mobile devices
• System Administrator for AirWatch, mobile device management
• System Administrator for Microsoft Office 365.
• Training Desktop Support staff in OS X and iOS systems
• Wireless Team member
L2 On Site Technical Support eBay/Computer Sciences Corporation,
Portland, OR April, 2014 – October, 2014
• Built the entire IT support structure of the Portland eBay office, the first IT tech to do so. The office consists of 200+ developers, programmers, QA personnel and administrative staff.
• Responsible for all imaging of all devices at eBay, including all tablets, laptops, desktop computers for Macintosh, Dell and Microsoft Word on best equipment available for all platforms.
• Worked on inventory control with senior office staff, repurposing older equipment for continued use.
• Worked with the highest quality IT professionals at their level. Was considered by the top eBay people in the office as an integral part of the organization. Nothing but top marks from both eBay and CSC. Caught in reduction in force layoff.
Client Services Technician Pacific Northwest College of Art, Portland, OR January, 2014 – October, 2014
• Part time position as general Macintosh OS X and Windows 7 technician for staff and students of small commercial media studies and
art education facility.. Worked with Systems Admin to build new IT infrastructure for client deployment. Built new Mavericks imagecfor all Macintosh computers in college.
• Primary IT Support person for entire organization, all overlapping non-profits including the Museum of Contemporary Crafts
• Support for 450+ computers and 1500 students, staff and continuing education students
IT Field Operations Analyst US-Re:Sources/Razorfish, Portland, OR July, 2012 – September, 2012
• Razorfish is a major digital ad agency, part of Publicis Groupe. US- Re:Sources is the IT support company for Publicis Groupe.
• Ran all IT operations for Razorfish, including all ordering and imaging of computers and peripherals, all in-house user support for all hardware and software applications
• Knowledge of OS X, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Active Directory, Altiris Remote Computer Management software.
IT Support Field Technician/Macintosh Specialist Portland Public School District, Portland, OR September, 2006 – May, 2012
• Top support technician (PCs and Macs) for Portland Public School District for 5 years.
• Created and maintained all OS X images for Portland Public School District for 5 years.
• Only Macintosh Specialist for entire Portland Public School District for 3 years.
• Trained as server administrator for Absolute Manager client management and CompuTrace theft recovery software.
• Written documentation for manuals for customer training in OS X printing, applications, special system configurations.
• Trained PPS site support staff in OS X imaging, data recovery techniques, and emergency hardware repairs.
Fabrication Technician Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, OR June, 2006 –
• Wet Etch Command Center technician, working in the development of the Intel Core 2 Duo chipset.
IT Consultant/Lab Manager Portland State University, Portland, OR June, 2002 – July, 2005
• Managed all operations for the Department of Art's Media Arts Center, the graphics arts computer lab for Portland State University
• Duties included installing and maintaining all hardware and software for two facilities
• Designed and installed major upgrade of servers and clients to new operating system
• Hired, trained and managed lab staff (12-18 workers per quarter)
• Built second computer lab for center with adjacent troubleshooting and testing facility
Apple Certified Support Professional
Ohio University, B.S. in Communications