Richardson, TX 75080
Skype ID: snjco65202
LinkedIn URL: www.linkedin.com/in/scottjones1dallas
Over 20 years’ experience in OEL/ RHEL 5x, 6x & 7x. Sun Solaris Administration. (8, 9 & 10). Certified in OEL5, Solaris 7, 8, 9 & 10. Worked as a Sun Microsystems SSE (Sr. Systems Engineer) for 10 years.
04/2018 to Present Linux Engineer DXC Technology, INC Plano, TX
Supported DevOps Lab.
Deployed and tested new server deployments to prep for production.
VMWare 5.x deployment.
oCreated VM’s (Linux & Windows) via templates/OVA files
oManaged data stores and grew filesystems as needed
oRan weekly Qualys scans for vulnerabilities.
Managed DevOps Data Center (installed servers, cable management, etc).
07/2017 to 03/2018 Solaris/LINUX Engineer Texas Instruments Plano, TX
Supported 10,000 Production Linux/Solaris Servers.
Experienced in all day to day operations of TI’s environment.
Utilized Splunk to monitor server activities.
Applied latest patches and firmware as needed.
Worked 24 x 7 on-call rotation.
Ran vulnerability Qualys scans monthly to identify and fix OS vulnerabilities.
01/2016 to 06/2017 Linux Engineer Verizon Wireless DFW Airport, TX
Linux Vulnerability Team (14K servers).
VMWare5.x VShere (re-configured ova files for production environment).
Document Qualys, Retina scan results.
Fix Linux OS Vulnerabilities.
SDP/Remedy Ticketing system.
Patch management (rpm & yum).
Government Clearance (VA).
10/2012 to 7/2015 Linux Admin Mediacom Communications Des Moines, IA
Managed 300 RHEL (5,6 & 7)servers (Physical/Virtual). Bash Scripting
VMWare 5.0 (created .ova files or clones for production).
Managed all Window 2008 servers in data center (OS loads, IP configuration).
Supported Oracle RAC DBA’s
Supported all production/operation servers to ensure 99.99% uptime (services, applications, web sites & data bases).
Nagios Administrator (configured Master Nagios server and deployed NRPE clients on remote systems). Perl Script Templates
Created Reverse DNS records.
Added IP Scopes in CNR for all DHCP internet customers (Cisco Network Register).
Worked on a 24/7 on call rotation (4 man team).
Managed Data Center (500 devices including servers, switches, routing & cabling).
02/2012 to 06/2012 Linux Administrator, Missouri Employers Mutual Company Columbia, MO
* Managed 50+ RHEL5.x Linux servers (Physical/Virtual).
* Supported Oracle DBA's and Software Developers.
* Deployed WAR files for all databases.
* Provided log files to developers (Catalina. Out, server logs).
* Supported Nagios, Guidewire, Thunderhead, JBoss, Cruise Control, VMware, Veritas NetBackup,
06/2011 to 12/2011 UNIX/OEL Administrator, Candid Source/Tnemec Inc., Co. Kansas City, MO
* System Administrator for all Linux/OEL5 (Production, Application & Development servers).
* Nagios Administrator (System Monitoring) all platforms (Linux, Oracle, Windows, Routers).
* Configured LAMP on all servers (Linux, Apache, Tomcat and Java).
* Reported to VP & Departmental mangers on all issues.
* Provided support to DBA’s & Application team (Oracle Data Base & Applications).
07/2010 to 03/2011 UNIX/Solaris Administrator, AIC/SOURCECORP, INC, Overland Park, KS
* System Administrator for all Linux/Sun Solaris Platforms (135 Servers).
* Configured web servers via Sun iPlanet 6.0/6.1 for clients.
* Linux 5.x Red Hat experienced.
* Provided support to Application team (Oracle & PeopleSoft).
* Solaris 9 & 10 environments.
* File system management (/, swap, /usr, /var, /opt & /export/home).
* Zones/Containers (zoneadm & zonecfg).
* OS/Kernel/Patch/Firmware management (Recommended & Security).
* Daily log management (/proc, memory, top, vmstat & prstat).
08/2008 to 07/2010 UNIX/Solaris Administrator, Results Technology, INC., Kansas City, KS
* On-site consultant for KCK Board of Public Utilities, Kansas City, KS (95 servers).
* Linux Red Hat 5.x environments
* Solaris 8, 9 & 10 environments.
* Sun Cluster 3.2 experienced.
* Daily log management (messages, procs, memory, top, vmstat & prstat).
* Manage all network ports (nmap, svcadm).
* Monitor network activity (netstat, ping, ssh).
* OS/Patch/Firmware management.
* Add users accordingly /w assigned groups.
* SVM/LVM configuration (RAID).
* Disk partitioning.
* Utilized scp & ftp file transport schemes.
* Experienced in VI text editor.
* Maintained communications with SUN back line support dealing with server h/w & s/w issues.
10/2001 to 11/2007 Senior Support Engineer, General Dynamics, Overland Park, KS
* Supported the SUN/Sprint Data Centers for General Dynamics (KC Metro).
* Provided support for 6,500 Servers.
* Sun Microsystems Badged.
* Experienced with Solaris 7, 8, 9 & 10.
10/1996 to 03/2001 Systems Engineer, Stonebridge Technologies, Inc., Dallas, TX
* Custom Sun Microsystems H/W & OS Configurations, SVM & Deployment.
* Sun Certified Value Added Reseller (VAR)
OEL (Oracle Enterprise Linux) Administrator
Sun (Partner Engineer) PE 4 Certified Solaris (Partner Senior Support Engineer).
Sun (Partner Engineer) PE 3 Certified Solaris Field Engineer.
Sun Solaris System Administration II.
Sun Solaris System Administration I.
School of Business Administration, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 1985
School of Business Administration, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 1983
Clear Lake High School, Houston, TX 1980