Databases: built an online relational database using MYSQL, HTML, and PHP.
• Built a server in a LAMP box virtual machine
• Wrote HTML files with PHP built in to create a fully functional website
• Designed and implemented a relational database
Servers: built servers using Apache, Python, and RMI
• Learned to activate and set administrative rules for Apache server
• Built my own Python server using multi-threading to manage TCP connections
• Built a Java Object Oriented piece of software that utilized an RMI server to manage multiple logins and real-time changes in the software’s data. Algorithms: recreated and developed from scratch, various algorithms
• Brute force, Greedy, Iterative Improvement, Genetic Algorithms, and Dynamic programming as well as various scheduling algorithms such as: priority queues, and round robin.
• Learned how to develop and extensively test algorithms. Field Experience
Computer Education Research Internship Summer 2017 Centre College - Danville, KY
• Worked with a professor to conduct efficiency experiments on single board computers. (Orange pi’s, jaguar boards, Raspberry pi’s, and a host of others)
• Goal was to find the best single board computers to build a cheap compute cluster for student use.
• Involved extensive work with Linux command line, SLURM, and scripting to automate our experiments.
• Publication: “Making the One Cluster Per Student Model of Teaching Parallel Computing Financially Practical”. Samuel Holt, Andrew Meaux, Jacob Roth, and David Toth. Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, v. 33, March 2018. Farm Work 2012-Present
Family – Milltown, IN
• Worked 40+ hour weeks doing a mix of physical and technical labor
• Extensive practical problem solving, and planning Education/Honors
• Senior at Centre College in Danville, KY (2.92 GPA) o Computer Science Major
o German Minor
• High School at Saint Xavier High School, Louisville, Kentucky
• Varsity diver at Centre College 2016-Present
• Stage Manager at Saint Xavier High School 2013-15
• President of the Computer Science Club at Centre college Skills
• Proficient Coding Languages: Java, C, Python, HTML, PHP, MYSQL
• Subject proficiencies: Design Patterns, Object Oriented Programming, Linux command line, Algorithm Development, AI, Networking, Databases, Software Development, Operating Systems Structure and design, debugging using Eclipse