Yonkers, NY ****3
I am seeking a position with a progressive, reputable medical care facility with a focus on utilizing my education and training in medical billing and coding.
● ICD-10 Coding.
● Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy.
● Knowledge of CPT, E&M, HCPCS and diagnosis and procedure coding
● Able to perform charge review, claim submission, claim follow-up, payment posting and patient statements.
● Knowledge of preparing appropriate claim documents.
● Medicare, Medicaid & third party billing
● Ability to work and communicate in a positive, efficient and cooperative manner.
● HIPAA Compliant
● Proficient in Microsoft Office
May 2017 - Present
AMC, Westwood NJ - Medical Billing/Coding Specialist
● Managed a large portfolio of workers comp, no fault, denied and rejected claims for hospitals and physician groups to resolve payment denials
● Reviewed EOBs, UBO4, CMS1500, CPT/ICD10/E&M codes to understand details for rejections, payment and denials
● Performed all relevant duties involved with reconciling payments, appeals process, A/R follow-up along with knowledge of managed care guidelines and the follow up of all denied and underpaid claims.
● Handled all incoming/outgoing phone calls to patients and insurance carriers.
● Adhered to all HIPAA and confidentiality requirements with the responsible use of confidential information and company standards of compliance with policies and procedures.
● Proficient in Navinet, Nthrive and Foxpro
January 2005 - July 2015
RG Ltd Imports, Yonkers NY - Office Manager
● Handled 50+ customers per day, giving detailed, personalized, friendly and polite service to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
● Possessed excellent customer service skills with customers regularly commending on received support.
● Performed basic accounting functions including cash reconciliations, wire transfers, and daily/weekly/monthly P&L reports
February 2001 - December 2005
Titan Capital, New York City - Equity Trader
● Developed daily trading strategies according to dynamic market conditions
● Trained new traders on the basics of market surveillance, stock picking and trade execution
● Certified series 7, 63, and 55 licenses.
December 2000- December 2002
Lehman College, Bronx
December 2015- December 2016
Roxbury Institute of Medical Management, Queens NY CPC in process