Cell: 848-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
**/**** - **/**** **. George’s University School of
01/2012 - 12/2014 St. George’s University School of Public
Health & Preventive Medicine, Grenada
10/2007 - 06/2011 Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka,
Major: Medical Parasitology
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
03/2019 CCRP Certification, Certified Clinical
05/2018 ECFMG Certification, Educational
Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
08/2018 USMLE Step 3: 221
08/2016 USMLE Step 2 CK: 226
06/2016 USMLE Step 2 CS: Pass
05/2015 USMLE Step 1: 212
11/2014 Basic Life Support- current
HONORS AND AWARDS
07/ 2011 Summa cum laude, Nnamdi Azikiwe
09/2010 Recipient of Undergraduate Research
Award for Helminthic infections
04/2009 Dean’s List Highest Honors
2015- 2017 Trinitas Regional Med. Center, Elizabeth, NJ
Research Associate, Department of
Hematology and Oncology
Principal Investigator: Mitchel Cholank MD
- Part of a team that worked on Sickle Cell Anemia associations with long term use of Artemeter based drugs on selected African migrant patients.
- Evaluated the performance of Rapid Diagnostic Malaria Kits on P. falciparum mixed infections.
- Monitored the dose and adverse effects in selected study patients in the North Jersey Metropolis.
2012- 2014 St. George's University School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Grenada
Research Assistant, Department of Public Health
Principal Investigator: Christy Richard PHD
- Obtained informed consent, enrolled study participants, administered study materials with subject consent and performed follow-up phone calls.
- Monitor subject follow-up for the 2-year clinical trial.
- Collaborate with clinical and public health professionals to determine changes in subject conditions.
2010- 2011 Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka Nigeria
Research Assistant, Department of Parasitology and Entomology
Principal Investigator: Dennis Aribodor PHD
- Conducted pre-site visits and performed site evaluations.
- Screened and recruited subjects based on eligibility criteria for project participation.
- Collection of specimens and analyzing in the laboratory.
- Formulation of hypothesis for increased helminth infections in the community.
ABSTRACTS AND PUBLICATIONS
Cholank, M., Cefalo, P., Weinberg, I., Hawkins, B. M., Hariharan, P., Okose, P. (2016). Sickle Cell Anemia associations with long term use of Artemeter based drugs on selected malaria patients. The American Journal of Hematology.
Richards, C., Okose, P., Singh V., Patel J., Snider Z., Roque K. (2014) Incidence of Tropical Diseases in the Caribbean: a case report and review of literature. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, 2014. Vol. 18, No. 3:16-18.
Okose, P., Aribodor, D. (2011). Prevalence of Helminth infections among primary school children in Akpo. Paper presented at: Final thesis presentation for the Department of Parasitology and Entomology; May, 2011; Awka, Anambra, Nigeria.
07/2018- Present Allina Health Clinic, Plymouth MN
- Preparing and assembling medical record documentation/charts for physicians.
- Ensuring medical record compliance by self-documentation attestation.
- Updating patient history, physical exam and other pertinent health information in the patient record.
- Assisting the providers in outpatient procedures like cryotherapy, colposcopy, circumcisions, pap smears, removal and biopsies of skin lesions.
08/2018- Present Allina Health Clinic, Fridley MN
- Preparing and sending all documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures.
- Compliance with hospital and Scribe America policies, including those relating to HIPAA and Joint Commission.
- Perform other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned.
12/2014- 06/2015 United State Agency for International Development (USAID) at Ajeromi General Hospital Lagos Nigeria
Public Health Practitioner
- Counseling victims of child abuse, elder abuse and domestic violence.
- Creating awareness to the child marriage and female genital mutilation practices.
- Providing counseling and support groups classes to victims.
- Repatriation of destitute, abandoned and indigent patients.
- Compiling data for local epidemiological reports to the Lagos State Department of Health
03/2010- 04/2011 Heart to Heart Center (HIV and DOT) Clinic Lagos, Nigeria
- Performed antigen/antibody test, nucleic acid test to determine patients with HIV and follow up with biweekly CD4 count of HIV patients.
- Performed Mantoux test, QuantiFERON gold tuberculosis test and sputum culture on HIV patients to isolate patients co-infected with Tuberculosis.
- Counseling and encouraging newly diagnosed HIV and TB patients on importance of partner notification.
- Teaching HAART, PrEP, Tb drugs compliance and adherence, safe sex practice.
- Providing counseling and support groups classes.
03/2018- Present Association of Clinical Research
08/2012- Present American Medical Association
07/2017- Present Foreign Medical Graduate Association
07/2015- Present American Society of Parasitologists
EPIC, STATA, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Project, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, Keynote, Pages, Numbers, PeopleSoft.
English, Proficiency Level: Full Professional Fluency
Afrikaan, Proficiency Level: Full Professional Fluency
French, Proficiency Level: Basic Professional Fluency