Gideon Kibet Cheruiyot
** *********** *****, **** **** Hall New York, New York 10027 email@example.com Cell : (617) 331- 4183 EDUCATION
Columbia University in the City of New York New York Expected Graduation Date - May 22, 2019 Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (Applications Track), GPA - 3.63
● Technical classes:Intro to CS and Programming in Java, Data Structures, Advanced Programming, Discrete Mathematics, Computer Science Theory, Fundamentals of Computer Systems, Linear Algebra, Programming Languages and Translators, User Interface Design, Database Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics Pipeline, Development Technology (Using Linux) and Principles of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
● Honors: John W. Kluge Scholar - Named Scholars are chosen for their intellectual pursuits, extracurricular achievements, and promise for future growth and exploration.
● Design Project:Analysis of Census-based Factors Associated With Rural Broadband Deployment from 2014-2016.
● Course Assistant: Database Systems.
Columbia Computer Science Department New York, New York May 2018 - August 2018 Undergraduate Researcher at the Internet Real-Time Laboratory under Professor Henning Schulzrinne
● Member of a team that analyzed the Federal Communications Authority’s 477 data to figure out census-based factors associated with rural broadband adoption in order to predict information useful to legislators and competitors. Bain and Company New York, New York August 2017
● Took part in interactive training sessions that served as an introduction to business and leadership skills needed to solve real-world business problems.
Education and Social Empowerment Program Nairobi, Kenya May 2016 - August 2016 Program Assistant
● Tutored and mentored bright needy students from low and middle-income settings in Kenya as they applied to elite North American colleges and universities.
Columbia University Information Technology New York, New York May 2015 - Present Computer Lab Consultant
● Troubleshoot and repair of computer and printer glitches.
● Performed upgrades of software in student lab computers.
● Assisted users with several computer issues ranging from software to hardware problems. LEADERSHIP AND ACTIVITIES
● Treasurer, The African Students Association, Columbia University.
-Maintained and made accessible detailed records of revenues, expenditures and encumbrances of the ASA.
-Proactively searched for and applied for school grants to boost the club’s spending power.
● Telecommunications Chair - National Society of Black Engineers
-Defined and implemented programs by which the general membership can interact with professional engineering industry and the corporate sector.
● Research Team, Columbia Data Science Society
-Worked on different projects applying a suite of predictive algorithms on interesting datasets.
-Organized events such as meetings and hackathons teaching data analytics and concepts. LANGUAGES - English, Swahili and Kalenjin.
INTERESTS - community involvement, cross-country, dancing, hackathons,soccer, quad-biking and politics.