JULIA OTUSESO SOMTO
Address: *** - **** ******** **** ****** Scarborough, Ontario Canada.
Postal code: M1R 1S1
A trained Asset Management Analyst with an MSc degree in International Business Finance from the United Kingdom, with over four years’ experience in the Investment Banking Industry. Proven soft skills and hard skills in Capital Market Operations, Financial Advisory and Portfolio (Funds) Management. Contributed significantly to a pivotal increase in assets and net margins. Looking to explore new opportunities in Canada by leveraging on my skills, experience and educational background. Fluent communication in English.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT ANALYST (Location – Marina Lagos, Nigeria) UNITED CAPITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT June 2016 – June 2018
• Team member of a unit managing assets of over 200 million CAD.
• Team collaboration in constantly exceeding the set target of a net interest Margin of 2%.
• Surpassed the benchmark returns on all Portfolios managed.
• Valued portfolios daily for maximization of returns.
• Effectively participated in the registration of major companies as portfolio serviced clients by preparation of presentations based on my financial knowledge and skills.
• Provided advice and recommendations to clients on investments and portfolios.
• Actively involved in the process of creating and launching two new mutual funds.
• Liaised with the treasury unit of the company daily to ensure best deals for clients and the company in the Fixed Income and Money Market space.
• Prepared monthly and quarterly performance report for Portfolio Managed Service Clients.
• Liaised regularly with Finance Custodians of the Mutual funds on transactions done for the mutual funds to ensure compliance with the rules of the regulatory body.
• Actively engaged the Research unit to extract and examine financial information that generates best investment decisions.
• Provided support to the Management team in terms of preparation of reports and presentations.
• Prepared letters to counter parties for placement, roll-overs and liquidations. CLIENT ADVISOR (Location – Marina Lagos, Nigeria)
UNITED CAPITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT August 2015 – May 2016
• Liaised with clients daily based on the booking and maturity of their investments.
• Successfully retained key clients even during a downward trend in rates.
• Processed customer requests such as opening of accounts, purchase and liquidation requests.
• Followed up with clients for completion of KYC documents.
• Solved issues related to Clients accounts and investments.
• Notified Clients constantly of new investment opportunities. SALES TRADER (Location – Marina Lagos, Nigeria)
UNITED CAPITAL SECURITIES April 2014 – July 2015
• Served as an intermediary between the Broker and Clients to ensure efficient execution of Clients Mandates.
• Achieved major cross trades with other firms by liaising with other Sales Traders daily.
• Actively involved in the process of offering the company’s Rights Issue.
• Liaised directly with international Institutional Clients using Bloomberg Terminal to understand their financial goals in the Nigerian economy and assisted in achieving these goals through provision of constant Market updates and investment advice.
• Updated and maintained records of Stock Market data and the Company’s daily transactions and commission on the Company’s database.
• Analyzed the Company’s Equity portfolio daily to keep track of the Company’s profitability.
• Full awareness of all regulations and policies guiding the Business and ensured that all mandates were treated according to these regulations.
• Tracked other smaller markets to identify profitable opportunities in them.
• Provided support to the Management team in terms of preparation of reports and presentations. Education
Masters 2012 – 2013 MSc International Business Finance Bournemouth University, United Kingdom University 2007 – 2011 BSc Hons. Economics University of Lagos, Nigeria. High School 2000 - 2006 High School Certificate Queens College Yaba, Lagos Nigeria. Dissertation
MSc Academic project: ‘Foreign Direct Investment: Its impact on the Nigerian Economy’ with Dean’s recommendation for an award Proficiency
Microsoft Software Packages (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) Reference
Available upon request