Name: Laszlo Molnar
Current location: Los Altos Hill, CA 94022
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Secshenyi Istvan University, Hungary Associate degree of Stress analyses FEA, Technical University Vienna. Austria Summary:
• Innovation, passion at work, has integrity, share knowledge with coworker, lead team and focus on common goal.
• Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, including Eurofighter Typhoon primer structural design, Eurocopter NH90 composite fuel pad, primer structural composite frame design.
• 6.5 years Boeing 777 weight and cost saving projects as well Payloads and Structural Design. Working with minimal instructions. Multilingual English, German and Hungarian, Green card. Skills:
• Programming with Python, Fortran,
• Databases of Enovia LCA, 3D-Experience, ENOVIA Smart Team, PDM,
• Stress Analysis of NASTRAN & PATRAN, ALGOR, ANSYS
• CREO, and CATIA V5, V6, Kinematics, A-Class Surfacing, Sheet Metal, GD & T stock analyses, Load path layout, Rigid Body Analyses, 5 years Aerodynamics Analysis, Composite layout and lamination, Prototype Building
• Engineering Management, Manufacturing
Tesla Motors, Palo Alto, CA Sep 2016 – Present
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
• Lead interior team design, use 3D Experience CREO, and CATIA V6 R26 A-class free surfaces, kinematics, Fiber reinforced polymer design, Stress Analysis including my current activity. Prototype development.
• Design innovative composite interior assemblies. Reduce part numbers and weight using stress analysis, collect data from composite material and process, share information with coworker lead group activity to improve quality.
Embraer Aerospace, CA Oct 2015 – Aug 2016
Senior Aerospace Design Engineer
• Lead less experienced coworker do quality work, tests on prototypes and models 3D-2D with Catia V5 R23 of aircraft primer structural.
• Provide guidance in Research & Development programs. File new generation airplane patent. Jamco-America, Mukilteo, WA Jan 2013 – Aug 2015
Aerospace Design Engineer 4
• Developed 3D design of new aerospace products and systems.
• Responsible for designing, fabricating, modifying, and testing aerospace products. Boeing, Everett, WA Sep 2008 – Oct 2012
Aerospace Structural Design Engineer 4
• Oversee the analysis, research and development of structural engineering specifications involving metals, composite structural materials for product design, include primer structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs.
• Analyze of damage tolerance, durability, design free surfacing, and structural modeling. Boeing, Everett, WA Sep 2006 – Sep 2008
Aerospace Payload Design Engineer 4
• Prepared preliminary design with layouts, lofts, preliminary stress strength and strain, Release product on first attempt.
• Provide 25 root cause corrective action at PCIP group investigations/analyses, offer innovative part and cost saving solutions.
EADS, Munich Area, Germany Apr 1999 – Aug 2006
Aerospace Structural Design Engineer 3
• Eurofigher Typhoon military airplane primer structural design
• EC 135 commercial helicopter tie down layout and primer structural design
• NH 90 military helicopter side pod fuel tank and primer structural composite frames design. Boeing, Everett, WA Jan 1997 - Oct 1998
Aerospace Structural Design Engineer
• 767 Main Landing Gear bogie beam assembly design
• 777 Main Landing Gear design upper and lower shock strut and 300 ER layouts, kinematic
• 777 Main and Nose Landing Gear tolerance stock analyses of full assembly BMW, Munich Area, Germany Jan 1996 – Jan 1997
• Z7 and A38 seat frame, cushion, decorative plastic design and static structural test BECO Engineering, Austria Jan 1987 - Oct 1995
Design Engineer / Stress Analyze Engineer
• Pandur military vehicle turbo charger and heat exchanger design, Teldix navigation layout and installation design.
• Philips smart phone injection molding parts and tools design.
• Facility layout of Military Cast Iron Company on AutoCAD.
• CATIA and NASTRAN costumers support.
• LMO Composite production and race motorbike prototype building (approx. 10 years)
• Own company of continuous fiber reinforced polymer tools and parts production.
• 125cc 2 cylinder 2 stroke combustion engine and gear box design and manufacturing
• 125cc racing motorbike steel tube frame, suspension design and production.
• 1979 junior Hungary Racing Motorbike Champion.