Passionate clinical professional with expertise in wellness, nutrition education, counseling, management and over 10 years of experience in community nutrition. Focused on producing optimal nutrition outcomes through affective counseling techniques and individualized therapeutic interventions. Committed to developing a goal oriented, high achieving culture in the work place through analyzing and remodeling strategies and processes while focusing on team building, regulatory compliance, client relations and, interdisciplinary collaboration. EDUCATION
Howard University, Washington DC • Didactic Program in Dietetics • 2017 Howard University, Washington DC • Nutritional Science Major, Chemistry Minor • 2012 WORK EXPERIENCE
Health Care Services Group Dietetic Manager – Bethesda, MD (March 2018 – August 2018)
• Developed and planned seminars to educate interdisciplinary team on new, innovative nutrition solutions to benefit patients and improve clinical outcome measures for the facility.
• Perform diet audits to ensure compliance, consistency, and relevance of all diagnosis, dietary supplements, specialty foods, and medically therapeutic diets for 180 residents.
• Presented interdisciplinary team with weekly assessments of patients who were nutritionally at risk and collaborated with team to ameliorate issues.
• Prioritized disease processes and nutritional risk factors to create daily schedule of patients to interview, counsel, educate, and create therapeutic interventions.
Renfrew Center for Eating Disorders Dietitian – Bethesda, MD (November 2017 – August 2018)
• Utilize NCP to provide patients with the tools to achieve and sustain recovery via throughout nutritional assessments at intake, individualized nutrition therapy sessions and counseling on the principles of well-balanced nutrition.
• Create therapeutic diet menus. Oversee ordering, receiving and manage inventory of food items, tools and equipment needed to facilitate cyclical menu.
• Develop and conduct group nutrition education sessions and discussions. BLH Nursing Nutrition Consultant – Washington, DC (June 2014 – November 2017)
• Support nutrition team by coordinating continuing education modules, NCP training and guidance, collaboration with field experts, provide access to innovative nutrition tools supported by evidence based research.
• Develop, coordinate and lead engaging nutrition education curriculum and programs for our expanded wellness initiatives and individual clients and patients while ensuring the achievement of performance benchmarks.
• Manage department budget for programming, events, inventory, and continuing education. Success Academy Public Charter Schools Lead Science Teacher – New York, NY (October 2013 – June 2014)
• Through strategic planning and team supervision, I increased our schools state science test score average by 80% in three months.
• Developed a successful eight-week nutrition education curriculum for ages 5-10.
• Promoted from Assistant teacher to having my own classroom as a Science teacher within five weeks of starting.
• Aided in the 100% passing rate of all 160 4th grade students on the NY State Science Test. Athletes’ Performance Exercise Physiology and Nutrition Team – Phoenix, AZ (January 2013 – May 2013)
• Hired during football combine training season to conduct series of tests to ensure individual athletes were at peak nutritional status and athletic performance.
• Developed healthy meal and menu planning techniques and nutrition education for young athletic population.
• Assisted dieticians in providing individualized nutrition programs for elite athletes in a variety of sports.
• Assisted culinary staff in creating and preparing healthful meals and snacks customized to the nutritive needs of individual athletes.
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org • PHONE: 240-***-**** ADDRESS: 816 POTOMAC AVE, SE #302 WASHINGTON, DC 20003 PATIENCE C. OWUNWANNE
Nutrition Advocacy Group Founder/ Director –Washington, DC (April 2009 – December 2012)
• Composed proposals, coordinated partnerships and raised 5K for a summer healthy eating campaign to benefit qualified families to receive grocery store gift cards for the months that their child(ren) were unable to eat at school.
• Worked with HU middle school and schools in the DMW to provide healthier meal options for their students via menu planning, modified cooking techniques, healthier vending options and parent/teacher education.
• Educated students and their families through panel discussions and presentations about the affects of food-deserts and finding healthy foods in their local community. HU Exercise Physiology Lab Laboratory Manager – Washington, DC (January 2012 – December 2012)
• Supervised lab assistants, taught lab techniques, created and managed schedules.
• Researched the influence of physical activity on established biochemical risk factors for developing prostate cancer.
• Observed the growth rate of prostate tumor cells, as a function of physical activity in healthy, young, adult African American men.
• Spearheaded activity days were students will learn the importance of healthy eating through games and short talks. District of Columbia Office on Aging Nutrition Assistant – Washington, DC (January 2012 – December 2012)
• Conducted Calcium and Vitamin D intake research to investigate the relationship between consumption of these specific nutrients and incidence of fracture/osteoporosis in elderly individuals.
• Educated members of DC wellness center on the importance of bone health through lectures, exercise demonstrations and one-on-one consultations.
Howard University African Association Director of Communications – Washington, DC (August 2007 – May 2010)
• Severed as an elected official on the Executive Board as the key spokesperson.
• Supervised a team of public relations, corresponding writers, and media personnel.
• Managed and created all correspondence, media and newsletters on behalf of the board and entire organization.
• Developed an interdepartmental electronic communication program that made communication between all teams more effective and efficient.
• Organized and coordinated staff for various campus events. PROFESSIONAL AFFLIATIONS
• Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Member (2013 – present)
• Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Member (2012 – present)
• American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (2012 – present)
• American Society for Nutrition (2012 - present)
• National Wellness Association, Member (2012 - 2015)
• American Heart Association, Nutrition Connection for Good Health (2012)
• Howard Homecoming Treasury Committee (2009)
References Available Upon Request