Melissa Gadson is, Customer service professional dedicated to effective team management and customer satisfaction. Exceptional customer care professional that addresses inquiries and resolves problems as they arise. Is also a Trustworthy Teller who enjoys working in a customer-focused work environment. Offers strong knowledge of banking products and services. Dependable and punctual with outstanding mathematical aptitude.
● Skilled trainer
● Effective problem solver
● Effective workflow management
● Adherence to high customer service
● Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
● Exceptional telephone etiquette
● [New York State] Licensed Gaming
● Team player
● Superb communication skills
● First Aid certification
● Advanced Excel spreadsheet functions
Saint Joseph School Pre-K thru 8th Grade Teaching Staff. Bronx NY. PRESENT
● Administrative duty
● Managing student behavior.
● Being a positive role model and mentor.
● Helping students achieve lifelong goals long after the students have graduated.
● Maintaining inventory of school property
● Maintaining security of students and staff.
GCS/MTA. Access A Ride. 09/2016- 07/2017
Long Island City NY
● Filing customer complaints
● Data entry
● Customer confidentiality
● Constantly relating MTA's policies
● Customer service
Google Shoppers Express 10/2015- 10/2016
Manhattan and Bronx NY Locations.
● Processing orders
● Credit transactions
● Customer confidentiality
● Tech savvy/ Scanning
● Training others to process
● Providing knowledge of production and service
● Light customer service
● Data entry
Income Auditor 10/2014- 2015
Resort World Casino 110-00 Rockaway Blvd, Jamaica NY, 11420
● Run the morning reports
● Balance Tru Bank, ESW balances sheets
● Marketing voucher counting and data entry
● Gaming date log data entry and balance
● Signature testing
● Calculating balances
● Filing and verifying lottery
Shift Supervisor 04/2014 to 09/2014
PLS CHECK CASHING 1580 Jerome Avenue, Bronx NY 10453
● Cross-trained and backed up other customer service managers.
● Adhered to all confidentiality requirements at all times.
● Assumed ownership over team productivity and managed work flow to meet or exceed quality service goals.
● Strong leader of customer support staff.
● Trained staff on operating procedures and company services.
● Provided accurate, specific and timely performance feedback for CSRs.
● Developed highly empathetic client relationships and earned a reputation for exceeding service standard goals. Cashier / Customer service rep.10/2013 to 02/2014
H&M 435 7th Avenue 34th Street New York NY
● Maintained up-to-date knowledge of product and service changes.
● Developed highly empathetic client relationships and earned a reputation for exceeding service standard goals.
● Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.
● Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
● Provided an elevated customer experience to generate a loyal clientele.
● Recommended, selected and helped locate and obtain out-of-stock product based on customer requests.
● Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problems on the spot.
Head Counselor 04/2013 to 09/2013
SEBNC- Southeast Bronx Neighborhood Centers 955 East 163rd Street, Bronx NY 10456
● Maintained head count and attendance sheets.
● Prepared instruction materials, including making copies, constructing bulletin boards and setting up work areas.
● Planned and led activities to develop students' physical, emotional and social growth.
● Identified warning signs of emotional or developmental problems and reported to parents.
● Fostered reasoning and problem solving through active exploration games and activities.
● Gave one-on-one attention to children while maintaining overall focus on the entire group.
● Nurtured a supportive learning environment that was often used as a model for other groups. Receptionist/ Human Resources Administration Assistant 02/2012 to 09/2013 SOBRO- South Bronx Overall Economic Development.555 Bergen Avenue
● Answered and quickly redirected up to [75+] calls per [shift].
● Managed office supplies, vendors, organization and upkeep.
● Directed guests and routed deliveries and courier services.
● Answered and managed incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages.
● Opened and properly distributed incoming mail.
● Entered numerical data into databases in a timely and accurate manner.
● Organized forms, made photocopies, filed records and prepared correspondence and reports. Education
High School Diploma: 2004 William Howard Taft High school - Bronx, NY Bachelor of Science: Allied Health Sciences Current South University - Savannah, GA