*** * ******* **** **, Newark, DE 19711
A seasoned Information Technology Management Professional with an extensive technical background, highly effective leadership and interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of success on a global manager level. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Global Leadership and Responsibility for Multiple Groups Supporting Business-Critical Functions
• Cohesive Global Team Development Across Diverse Technologies and Geographies
• Engaged Listening and Effective Communication Across the Organizational Structure
• Synergy and Economy in Business and Vendor Relationship Management
• Ardent Facilitator of Operational Efficiency and Cost Reduction
• Experienced in Mainframe, Midrange, Distributed, and Cloud/VM Computing Environments; Network; Release and Deployment Management; and Run Book and Robotic Process Automation
• Exceptionally-Motivated Team Player with a Persistent Positive Mental Attitude
• Managed technical support teams and operations support teams responsible for the following tools; Mainframe Tools - AF/Operator, AF/IRM, Systems Automation for ZOS, Omegamon, Omegaview, SMU- Service Management Unite, IBM Tivoli Monitoring for zSeries, Distributed Tools – IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Windows & Linux, IBM Tivoli Netcool Omnibus/Impact, IBM Netcool Operations Insight, ELK – Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana, Applications Dynamics, Heed Messaging Automation Software, BMC AO
(Run-Book-Automation), Network Tools – Smarts, Prognosis, InfoVista, Netbrain, Shark and Release Deployment Management Tools - Urban Code Deploy, Changeman ZMF, Dimensions, Buildforge. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Citi – Enterprise Operations & Technology
New Castle, DE
Global Head of Automation and Infrastructure Monitoring Tools Mar 2015 – Feb 2019
• Global Head of Automation and Infrastructure Monitoring Tools, managing a complex budget of $28.1MM, including employees, contractors (managed service, time & material), software (annual licensing, maintenance support), and related contractual negotiations.
• Managed a global team of 80 employees and 75 contractors, in support of infrastructure monitoring and process automation tools – developing automation for a wide range of technologies including: 200 z/OS; 11 iSeries; 11 Tandem; 10 Unisys; 90k Distributed; 45k Network devices; and 295,000 Voice stations.
• Successfully outsourced Mainframe automation functions to Tata Consultancy Services/TCS as a managed service, resulting in an expense save of $2MM while improving customer satisfaction – the latter ensured by establishing a Service Delivery Analyst function to closely oversee vendor performance and adherence to Service Level Agreements.
• Achieved an overall sustainable $19MM expense reduction over the past 7 years through judicious reduction of costs, improvements to efficiency, and leveraging of all appropriate available technologies.
• In 2016, was afforded and successfully assumed responsibility for supporting the business-critical ServiceNow platform.
• Significantly improved operations performance and economy by driving 80% of incident handling through BMC AO – Run Book Automation for robotic resolution, and/or diagnostic enrichment of the incident ticket for support trouble shooting.
• Facilitated $1.85MM expense avoidance, through renegotiation of the software contract for voice monitoring (Prognosis).
• Led focus groups and mentored Vice Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents and Directors to better understand and collaborate in addressing opportunities for improvement on annual Voice-of-the- Employee surveys.
Automation and Infrastructure Monitoring Tools Manager Feb 2005 – Feb 2015
• In 2008, successfully consolidated the Citi North America, ASPAC, EMEA, and LATAM mainframe and iSeries automation groups into a single global group, affecting seamless “follow-the-sun” support. Significant economies in headcount and expenses were realized because of this initiative.
• In 2010, successfully assumed responsibility for and effectively consolidated the Citi North America Distributed Infrastructure Monitoring Tool group, improving responsiveness, effectiveness, and efficiency.
• In 2011, successfully consolidated the Citi North America, ASPAC, EMEA, and LATAM Distributed Infrastructure Monitoring Tools groups into a single global group affecting seamless “follow-the-sun” support. Significant economies in headcount and expenses were realized because of this initiative. Additionally, assumed responsibility for the Tandem and Unisys automation groups in Mexico, merging them with Mainframe and iSeries already within my purview, forming the Global Enterprise Automation group.
• In 2013, successfully incorporated the Global Network Monitoring tool group and Release Deployment Management into the Automation and Monitoring Tool organization for which I was wholly responsible.
• Successfully outsourced Release and Deployment management functions to Wipro as a managed service, resulting in an expense save of $1.6MM while improving customer satisfaction – the latter ensured by establishing a Service Delivery Analyst function to closely oversee vendor performance and adherence to Service Level Agreements.
• Effectively executed on Citi’s location strategy, necessarily reducing staff globally by 56% over a 7-year period while maintaining and/or improving customer service.
• Assisted in facilitating the consolidation of 7 disparate regional Command Centers into 2 Global Command Centers, by implementing comprehensive automated event monitoring, and eliminating the need for related manual operator intervention.
• Conceptualized and developed a comprehensive strategy for a single end-to-end monitoring framework. This framework is the aggregation point taking in events (alerts) across many monitoring tools/platforms providing correlation, enrichment, automated incident ticket creation, escalation and automation. Additionally, established best practice Windows and Linux infrastructure monitoring which is automatically applied to ever server brought online.
• Retired 3 disparate Distributed infrastructure monitoring tools globally, deploying a single strategic platform – IBM Tivoli Monitor V6 / ITM6 – resulting in an annual cost savings of $650K.
• Partnered with mainframe systems engineering and IBM to implement Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex / GDPS across multiple production systems complexes, affecting a significantly more robust high- availability solution for mainframe systems and storage.
• Managed the implementation of a more homogenous and efficient consumer back-end system “Go-To- Common Rainbow for South East Asia and Australia”, by deploying over 9,500 software packages, and 1.1MM source code instances and JCL components, with no detrimental impact to our customers. North America Mainframe Automation Manager Jan 1993 – Jan 2005
• In 1993, successfully created the Mainframe Automation group (Shearson Business) to focus on complete automated startup/shutdown of Mainframe systems, thus eliminating all operator intervention, and markedly improving operating efficiency and reliability.
• In 2004, successfully consolidated five individual automation teams in North America, forming a single cohesive North America Mainframe Automation group for Citi. Significant economies in headcount and expenses were realized because of this initiative.
• Successfully standardized the Mainframe automation platform globally, by migrating over 180 systems to IBM AF/IRM (Automated Facility Integrated Resource Manager).
• Developed the “Command Center Speaker Series Program”, by designing and implementing a knowledge share showcasing tools to improve productivity, efficiency, and team communications.
• Developed a training program for Command Center operators, providing ongoing training for all monitoring tools and systems, continually improving support skills, responsiveness, and efficiency to Command Center Operations.
• Implemented IDG 9074 Secured Communication Controllers by SecureAgent, enabling Systems Support and Command Center operations personnel to remotely access and control mainframe (z/OS, z/VM, z/Linux) system consoles remotely, with data encryption and secured sign-on to limited staff. Infrastructure Senior Tech Analyst Jan 1988 – Dec 1992
• Successfully performed the duties of Level 1 Technical Analyst, and subsequently a Database Administrator.
Infrastructure Tech Analyst Jan 1985 – Dec 1987
• Successfully performed the duties of a Lead Network Operator. RECOGNITION
• Proud recipient of several DAZZLE and PRAISE awards, for exceptional efforts going above and beyond regular responsibilities.
• Consistently received annual performance ratings of Exceptional or Highly Effective throughout my career.
Available upon Request