Lincoln, ND *****
I'm a veteran Correctional Officer with appoximately 17 years experience in various sizes of facilities with local,regional & state agencies. In all of these cases I've been responsible for the care, custody & control of adult offenders of various classifications & security requirements.
During this career I have been a member of both tactical & ceremonial teams and have been formally recoginized with agency awards. Previous to my Correctional career I honorably served six years in the United States Marine Corps with field artillery, administrative & ceremonial units. During my enlistment I received numerous commendations for profiency & professionalism.
* Self motivated, Extensive small arms employment
* Interpersonal communications written & oral, Weaponless self defense tactics
* Meticulous documentation & records keeping, Extensive CPR/Basic Life Saving training
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
[ Functional Area of Accomplishment ]
Numerous citations & awards a Correctional Officer & U.S. Marine as listed below
Correctional Officer II - 5/2004 - Present
North Dakota Dept.of Corrections & Rehabilitation, Bismarck,ND Care,custody & control of adult male offenders in the state penitentiary. My current position is Traffic Control Officer in which I manage the controlled movement of inmates between various locations within the facility.
I'm also a current member of the department's Honor Guard unit which is tasked with flag details, funerals & various other events. Previously I was a member of the department's Special Operations Response Team which was tasked with, emergent responses for cell extractions, crowd control & restrictive secure escorts of inmates.
Detention Officer - 6/1999 - 5/2000
Lake County Detention Center, Polson, Mt
The care,custody & control of adult male & female offenders in the local county jail.
Jail Officer - 7/1998 - 5/1999
Pamunkey Regional Jail, Hanover, Virginia
The care,custody & control of adult male & female offenders in a regional jail serving the city of Ashland & counties of Hanover & Caroline, Virginia
0811/Field Artillery Cannon Crewman - 3/1994 - 7/1998 MCCDC Support Battalion,The Basic School,Artillery Demonstration Unit, MCB Quantico Va]
As a member of the Demonstration Unit, I participated in numerous military exercises in the training officers in the use of artillery fire, small arms employment, riot control & urban warfare, as well numerous ceremonial uses of field artillery pieces.
Certificate, [ Major ] - 10/1992
Marine Recruit Depot, San Diego
United States Marine Corps basic training
Certificate, [ Major ] - 11/1992
Marine Corps School of Infantry, MCB Camp Pendleton Basic Infantry Training
Certificate, [ Major ] - 3/1993
Marine Corps Artillery School, Ft. Sill, Lawton Ok. Artillery cannon crewman school
Certificate, [ Major ] - 7/1993
Unit Training Management Course, MCB Camp Hansen, Okinawa Division level training management course
Certificate, [ Major ] - 6/2000
Montana Law Enforcement Academy, Helena, Mt
Correction/Detention Officer Basic Course
Certificate, [ Major ] - 10/2003
Business Computer Training Institute, Salem, Or
Advanced Informations Systems Program
Certificate, [ Major ] - 11/2004
North Dakota Law Enforcement Training Academy, Bismarck,ND Correctional Officer basic training
* Letter of Commendation, North Dakota Dept. of Corrections & Rehabilitation, North Dakota State Penitentiary 11/2008. Diligent & steadfast participation in locating a missing set of restraints in the Administrative Segregation unit.
* Meritorious Mast, Marine Corps Combat Development Command,Support Battalion,The Basic School, MCB Quantico V, 11/1995 - 1/1996. While assigned to the Artilley Demonstration Unit your professionalism & dedication to duty were exceptionally noteworthy. As a Line Saftety Noncommissioned Offficer, your knowledge of small arms weapons & their employment significantly contributed to the overall success during live fire exercises at Range 3. Without exception, the officer students of The Basic School & their spouses benefited greatly from your dedicated & enthusiastic intructions Your professionalism & steadfast devotion to duty reflected great credit upon yourself & were in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Marice Corps.- R.A. Lackner Lt. Col. U.S. Marine Corps Commanding
* 0811/Artillery Batteryman, Training Non Commissioned Officer, Third Marine Division,III Marine Expeditionary Force, Sub Unit One, MCB Camp Fuji, Japan 2/1993 - 2/1994. For exemplary performance of duty whille serving as Artillery Batteryman & Training NCO at Sub Unit One, Camp Fuji Japan during the period of 19 Februrary1993 to 24February1994. Lance Corporal Nyquist performed his duties in an enthusiastic & highly competent manner. His can-do attitude & meticulous attention to detail allowed him to accomplish all tasks with outstanding results.The success of his dynamic & professional approach to daily challenges was evident by the laudatory comments he consitently received from numerous Third Marine Division instpectors during all assist visits & readiness evaluations. A motivated, hard working Marine,Lance Corporal Nyquist has been a source of inspiration to his peers. He has set the example for all to follow. His diligence,resourcefulness & perseverance contributed significantly to the accomplishment of Sub Unit One's mission. Lance Corporal Nyquist's superior performance & total dedication to duty reflected great credit upon himself,the Marine Corps & the United States Naval Service- Arnold Fields Col. U.S. Marine Corps, Commanding
* Field Artillery Cannon Crewman/enlisted instructor, Marine Corps Combat Development Command, MCB Quantico, Va 1/1998.
Good Conduct Medal 1/30/98
National Defense Service Medal 1/30/98
Sea Service Deployment Ribbon 1/30/98
Rifle Expert Badge 1/30/98