480-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org • linkedin.com/in/jihun-heo-cheme
Chemical Engineering graduate with 2 years research experiences in polymer and silicon crystallization seeking a full-time employment.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Chemical Engineering May 2018 Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ GPA 3.92
Bachelor of Science Engineering, Display Engineering March 2014 Hoseo University, Korea GPA 3.80
Design and Applications: MATLAB, ChemCAD, JMP, C++, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word Language: Korean, Japanese
Undergraduate Researcher, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ Feb 2017 – July 2018
• Synthesized membrane utilizing different PEG molecular weights to investigate the effects on morphology and permeability characteristics.
• Identified the optimal entanglement concentration of polymers utilizing rheology tests.
• Published a manuscript “Zwitterionic poly(arylene ether sulfone) copolymer/Poly(arylene ether sulfone) blends for fouling-resistant desalination membranes” as a co-author. Research Assistant, University of Ryukus, Okinawa, Japan Aug 2011 – Sept 2012
• Collected data for crystalline of silicon at different vacuum levels of CVD and sputtering process.
• Researched Aluminum Induced Crystallization (AIC) of silicon with a focus on aluminum layer exchange.
• Served as liaison and facilitated the international mutual exchange of study between two Asian universities. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Six Sigma Catapult Spring 2018
• Collaborated in a team of five to design and develop an accurate and precise model for hitting targets.
• Identified significant factors by utilizing Design of Experiment (DOE) to exclude frivolous ones.
• Recorded and organized raw data obtained from experiments utilizing Microsoft Excel.
• Analyzed the design matrix with Pareto and Normal Probability plot using JMP software. Aniline Production Process Design Fall 2017
• Investigated process characteristics in order to minimizing potential hazards and develop inherently safer design.
• Performed heat integration analysis to determine thermodynamically balanced feed flow rates and temperature.
• Calculated size and estimated cost of heat exchangers for the process.
• Created a process flowsheet including flow rates, temperature, and pressure utilizing ChemCAD. TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
Engineer in Training (EIT), Arizona State Board of Technical Registration Dec 2018 Six Sigma Greenbelt; JMP Statistical Software, Arizona State University May 2018 SAChE Certificate Program, AlChE Academy April 2017
• An Introduction to Managing Process Safety Hazards • Recognition of Hazards
• Minimizing & Identifying Process Safety Hazards • Understanding Hazards & Risks
• The importance of Process Safety • Inherently Safer Design
• Nitrogen’s Role in Safety