voice: 650-***-**** e-mail: email@example.com
Product Architect Profile:
Technology / product visionary and intensely creative problem solver with executive management and leadership skills and a disciplined, top down, systems thinking style. Deep experience in synthesizing and articulating actionable business & product strategy. Exceptionally strong software architecture and product management skills.
● 30+ years’ experience creating leading edge products, platforms, and solutions.
● Deep domain knowledge of Industrial and IOT applications and platforms including Edge and Cloud
● Extensive background in machine learning, stream processing & analytics, knowledge graphs, blockchain, mobile,and Digital/Streaming Multimedia
● Thorough familiarity with cloud environments including AWS and Azure
● “C” level engagement with a large array of customer/client/partner companies ranging from startups to industry leaders’
● 20+ years’ experience in creating and working in early stage companies, built and managed teams of up to 70 software, hardware, SQA engineers and technicians, including remote and international teams in India,Israel, UK, Ukraine, China, Brazil, Argentina, Russia, and Finland
● 25+ years’ experience in Software Architecture including requirement gathering, business & technical use-case development, high level design, data architecture.
● 11 issued patents, 5 pending utility patent applications. Education:
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Professional Experience:
Responsible for all technical, product and Engineering management aspects for early stage venture enabling the next wave of Internet of Things capabilities by combining the data driven world of today's IoT platforms with dynamic Mission Driven management of intelligent devices and their users. Using a blockchain backbone, Augmate's Connect platform ensures transparent, distributed, fully trusted application of data triggered policies across disparate devices, organizations and networks reliably and at scale.
KryptonCloud (acquired by Splunk) 2018 (first half) Chief Architect
Responsible for all technical aspects for this early stage Industrial IoT vendor focussed on advanced, cloud based stream processing and analytics.Brought in to help the CEO prepare the company for acquisition.
General Electric, Inc. 2013 - 2018
Principal Platform Architect
Created initiatives to provide intelligent decision support capabilities for GE's Predix Digital Twin cloud platform for the Industrial Internet Of Things based on a novel Active Context Graph architecture supported by multiple patent applications, and extensions to the core work to incorporate geospatial context services for the Industrial Internet of Moving Things. Drove initiative to develop lightweight PAGE 1 OF 3
microservice trust architecture based on blockchain technology. Developed portions of the Digital Twin Edge architecture. Developed platform ISV onboarding process and provided ongoing advice and mentoring to partners seeking to integrate into the Predix ecosystem . Created and drove initiative to develop long running collaboration capabilities for the Predix Platform. Advana, Inc. 2010 – 2013
Created product vision and cloud software architecture for startup providing the next generation of Mobile Direct Marketing. Led company through initial commercial trials and bootstrap effort. PlayPhone, Inc. 2007 - 2011
PlayPhone provides direct-to-consumer mobile media distribution and merchandising services, with more than 2 million subscribers in 25 countries.
● Drove requirements, architecture, and development of a highly scalable, consumer facing mobile content marketing and distribution platform integrated with more than 30 carriers worldwide.
● Provided leadership and oversight for multiple teams in San Jose, China, Brazil and Argentina. BlueCat Group 2001 – 2007
Providing technology and product strategy consulting and analysis to high technology companies in emerging markets. Projects include:
● VP Technology for a Finnish/American early stage company in the AJAX RIA space
● CTO and VP Engineering for a startup effort to build mobile commerce solutions and services around the introduction of Near Field Communication (NFC) devices in the mobile handsets.
● Developed 4G network Service Integration Architecture for Japan’s largest wireless carrier.
● Translated loosely structured founder vision into actionable product strategy and architecture for startup building a platform for Interactive Multimedia applications. Led team of 20 software engineers and architects in the US and India.
● Developed architecture and product positioning proposal for repurposing a software license management product in the Digital Rights Management space. Eloquent, Inc. 1998 – 2001
Provided oversight to all technical aspects of this provider of Rich Media Business Communications solutions. Central figure in the migration of company from a content production centered business strategy to a platform-based software solution strategy. Led a team of 15 software and QA engineers. Graphic Edge, Inc. 1988 – 1998
CTO / COO / Co-Founder
Managed all major components and operations of startup software company providing a unique, industry changing color prepress software product. Developed and managed sales channel and partner relations. Negotiated major technology licensing agreements with strategic partners as well as a multi-million-dollar product and technology acquisition agreement. PAGE 2 OF 3
● "Technique For Representing Sampled Images"
Patent # 5,226,175
● "Method For Creating And Applying Halftone Screen Patterns" Patent # 5,187,594
● "Applying Traps To A Printed Page Specified In A Page Description Language Format" Patent # 5,295,236
● "Applying Traps To A Printed Page Specified In A Page Description Language Format" Continuation In Part - Patent # 5,542,052
● “Architecture and application programming interfaces for Java-enabled MPEG4 (MPEG-J) systems” Patent # 6,631,403
● “Method and apparatus for transport of scenegraph information across a network” Patent # 6,751,655
● “Method And Apparatus For Creating And Deploying Applications From A Server Application” Patent
● “Model for creating, inputting, storing and tracking multimedia objects” Patent #7,627,810
● “Method, system, apparatus and content model for the creation, management, storage, and presentation of dynamic objects” Patent #8972841
● “Method, system, apparatus and content model for the creation, management, storage, and presentation of dynamic objects” Continuation Patent #8739017
● “Controlling Access To Information Over A Multiband Network” Patent #8069468 Additional Patents Pending:
● “System and Method For Integrating Collaboration Modes” US20160337213
● “Apparatus and method for the delivery of multiple sources of media content ” US20030200336
● Additional applications not yet publicly available PUBLICATIONS:
● “Wireless SOAP: Optimizations for Mobile Wireless Web Services”, Apte, N. Deutsch, K. Jain, R.; presented at WWW 2005
● “Integrated Internet Applications – The User Face of Service-Oriented Architectures”, Deutsch, K. Elliott, D; BlueCat Group 2003
PAGE 3 OF 3