Electrical Engineer (MSEE) with 1.5 years of experience seeking full time opportunities in Product Design, Electrical hardware design, Development and validation to provide innovative solutions for electrical engineering needs. Work Experience Electrical Hardware Design Engineer Senior Electrical Hardware Design Engineer Vertiv Dec 2017 - Present
• Integrated test equipment hardware with software and provided sustaining support for test fixtures globally.
• Performed analog and digital design from conception through production.
• Tested and provided troubleshooting for prototypes at the component level, along with required specifications, drawings and Interconnect Circuit Diagrams to release products to production.
• Worked with Project and software engineers on redesign of products using Mentor Graphics.
• Verified signal integrity for new flash memory for further production release.
• Tested field returns to maintain optimum operational conditions within manufacturers.
• Created and organized design documentation and product lifecycles for the PLM system. Hardware Design Engineer Thermo Fisher Scientific Jun 2017 - Dec 2017
• Modified existing schematics, assembly and fabrication drawings to suit newer designs.
• Coordinated with other team members for designing and developing new product lifecycles - Revised components and schematic drawings in AutoCAD to support current products and new developments.
• Analyzed design specifications and their effects on the quality and working of Radiation Measurement Instruments.
• Worked within the PLM system to create and maintain component items, drawings, and BOM structure for electrical assemblies and documented their lifecycles.
• Communicated with engineering and non-engineering departments in other locations on new product development and maintenance of current products.
• Worked with senior engineers and managers to plan and develop experimentation related to improvement of manufacturing processes along with test system documentation.
• Conducted PCBA testing per required standards.
Analysis of Injection Locked PLL Ohio State University, Columbus, OH Feb 2016 – Jan 2017
• Analyzed the effect of Injection Locking phenomenon in a phase locked loop using TopSpice and MATLAB.
• Compared the signal processing techniques - Fourier Transform, Short Time Fourier Transform and the Wavelet analysis for suitability in PLL applications.
• Performed multiresolution analysis using wavelets on injection locked PLL output and interpreted the spectral components in the time-frequency domain.
Miniature Thermal Imaging Indian Institute of Technology (IITM), Chennai, India Aug 2014 – Jul 2015
• Designed a thermal camera to enhance the night vision capabilities of miniature flying systems within the prescribed weight and power consumption limitations.
• Combined multiple images from a lenslet array with equal or improved Signal to Noise Ratio compared to that of a single lens.
• Developed Algorithms in VHDL to implement image processing on FPGA using Lattice Diamond. Technical Skills
Aakriti Barat: Page 2 of 2
• Lattice Semiconductors: ECP3 family, FPGA – SPARTAN 3E, VLSI, RF MEMS (Switches, Varactors, Inductors).
• Programming: C, VHDL.
• Simulation Software: Mentor, PCad, MATLAB, Verilog, HFSS, NI LabVIEW, NI AWR Microwave Office, Quartus II, DSCH, Microwind, Xilinx 9.2i, ModelSIM, Lattice Diamond. Education Ohio State University, Columbus, OH Aug 2015 – Jan 2017 Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
Thesis: Analysis and Design of Phase Locked Loops with insight into Wavelet Analysis Lakshmi Narayan College of Technology, Bhopal, India Aug 2010– Jun 2014 Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
Barat Aakriti. RF MEMS and Its Application in Wireless Networks. International Journal of Advancements in Research
& Technology, Volume 2, Issue 8, August-2013 ISSN 2278-7763. Professional Affiliations
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Membership No 92568510. Activities and Interests
• Worked on projects using single board computers, micro-controllers and a multitude of analog and digital off the shelf components. Some past projects:
o TV Tuner to Plane Tracker – NooElec R820T2 SDR.
Created a Dipole Antenna and tuned to FM radio using SDR#.
Tracked local flights using RTL1090 and Virtual Radar Server. Volunteer Experience
• Volunteered as a fundraiser for SANKALPA by conducting food sales at OSU football games, where the proceeds went to poverty alleviation programs in India.
• Participated in holistic welfare activities inclusive of setting up medical camps, educating the poor by taking classes and promoting environment protection under the “Corporate Social Responsibility” initiative taken by Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL), Bhopal, India from 2006-2009.