*** ****** ******* **, ***** Rock, TX 78664
Phone : 512-***-**** / E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server Family, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL
- Security Appliances: Cisco PIX, Cisco ASA 5500 Series Appliances, Contivity Firewall, CheckPoint NG, BlueCoat Proxy SG, Sonicwall Firewall, VyOS, Juniper SRX Firewall
- Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS (BIND and Windows), IPSEC tunnels, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, LACP, vPC, mLAG, HSRP, VRRP, Port-Channeling, VRF
- RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL/Galera
- Networking Hardware: CISCO PIX 500 Series, Cisco ASA 5500 Series, CISCO routers, Cisco Catalyst L2 and L3 Switches, Cisco Nexus L2 and L3 Switches, Cisco CSS, F5 LTM, GTM, AFM
- Virtualization: VMware ESX Server, Virtual Center, VMWare Converter, Citrix Presentation Server 4.x, KVM, Openstack
Rackspace, Austin, TX
6/2016 - present
Openstack Network Architect
- Helped potential and existing customers understand, design & support high-uptime, highly available Openstack Private Clouds for large scale topologies utilizing BGP, VRF, MLAG, vPC, LACP, MST combined with VRRP/HSRP
- Ensured delivery of high quality day-to-day operational technical support of Neutron and also physical networking for Openstack Private Clouds. Typical physical networking infrastructure for a typical cloud is comprised of multi-vendor, multi-topology networking equipment that includes Arista, Cisco and F5 equipment. Did troubleshoot TCP performance issues in a mixed LAN/WAN L2 and L3 networks using common tools such as TCPdump, Wireshark or MTR.
- Acted as product engineer to test out new upsteam Neutron features such as L3 HA, Octavia, VXLAN and third-party drop in replacements like Juniper Contrail
- Deployed and maintained labs for different versions of Openstack for feature testing using Ansible and GIT.
- Wrote automation tools, utilities and advanced reporting for Neutron using Python, Ansible and PERL interacting with different APIs
Zerolag Communications, Remote
12/2014 - 06/2016
Director of Compute Team
- Ensured day-to-day operational technical support is delivered consistently and with high quality and accuracy and identify potential problems/issues to be resolved. Promoted an enterprise view on technology issues.
- Oversaw and demonstrated technical leadership to the Compute Team at Zerolag, comprised of Linux, Windows and Virtualization engineers.
- Proactively positioned the infrastructure and support team for business changes, business opportunities, and internal growth.
- Accountable for measuring and optimizing hosting infrastructure performance, and to initiate and lead recovery actions after system failures. Identified and documented potential problems, hazards and corrective actions to sustain high availability of hosting services.
- Lead daily staff meetings to promote team work, sustain an aligned and energized work force, promote communication and provide team direction.
- Analyzed and evaluated current/projected designs and implementation approaches from an operational perspective; Proactively managed issues and risks by developing action plans and mitigation strategies and managing these to resolution; Ensures communication occurs within the infrastructure team and across the Information Systems Division
- Led or played key player role in many infrastructure projects. Some of these projects were: Puppet deployment for Linux and Windows, container based virtualization rollout, storage consolidation for virtualized environments, SDN for VMware environments (NSX), AppAsure migrations
Rackspace, Austin, TX
04/2014 - 11/2014
Developed web based application for internal consumption that had few thousand user base. The application was created from scratch and fully matured under less than a year. It was a full-blown internal web app written in PHP, PERL and Python. The application was about queue prioritization & optimization, staffing availability, productivity stats and networking gear automation interacting with many different API endpoints.
Manager of Network Security
In my capacity as a Network Security Team Lead on the Rackspace Strategic team, it was my responsibility to ensure my team had the proper skill set, supporting processes, and tools to support our Enterprise customers consistently and fanatically. This included understanding and implementing technical and administrative processes, helping my engineers’ careers grow, and identifying and resolving issues before they become wide scale.
- Designed and implemented Proton application which was custom designed for Enterprise Network Security Team’s needs to arrange ticketing system workflow very dynamically
- Designed and implemented automation & validation using mix of programming languages
- Audit highly-available devices like Cisco ASA pairs and F5 LTM pairs every night that allows to keep an eye on HA configurations to avoid possible credit memos.
- Audit various net devices to look for possible problems with current configuration and integrate with existing ticketing system
- Developed an automation framework for F5s mimicking F5’s Enterprise Manager to backup configurations, version control configurations, SSL certificate expiration checks and deploy helper scripts for F5 LTM management.
- Lead the Network Security Team leveling process for the 1.5 years; working together with various team leads, the entire leveling process was designed from scratch
- Lead the build up of Enterprise Netsec Austin team which is one of the most successful teams with the lowest turnover rate and highest number of Level 4 Engineers that were promoted during my management
Network Security Engineer IV (2008-2011)
- Mentored other Rackspace Network Security Engineers in Austin office.
- Provided all levels of Networking support for Rackspace Enterprise Services Team including preparing & performing maintenances, configuration & updates to Cisco firewalls, IPSEC tunnels and F5 load-balancers.
- Attended Implementation calls and helped Austin Sales Engineers with the pre-implementation questions & concerns.
- Worked with other engineers to develop tools for network device backups, designed database and worked on actual coding of back-end and front-end application.
- Involved in migration projects such as CSS to F5 migration, large scale F5 deployments
- Deployed first F5 GTM pair at Rackspace for the company website.
- Worked on complex issues where analysis of situations required an in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies.
Temple-Inland, Austin, TX
12/2007 - 06/2008
- Established, communicated and maintained technology patterns and standards.
- Promoted an enterprise view on technology issues.
- Provided technology related research and recommendations.
- Created high-level infrastructure design documents and technology budgets
Bank of New York, Malvern, PA
09/2000 - 09/2007
Sr. Network Engineer
-Implemented Citrix Presentation Server to replace existing remote access solutions.
-Introduced VMWare ESX Server Cluster for server consolidation and to retire old end-of-life equipment.
-Team lead for design and deployment of redundant Layer 3 switching replacing legacy Layer 2switching equipment.
-Designed and implemented CISCO CSS 11506 with SSL termination to load balance company web servers, proxy appliances, terminal servers.
-Project lead for migration of 3 PIX firewalls into CheckPoint NG
-Team lead for automation of disaster recovery & business continuity procedures for one-button recovery for the organization. Created web based console for DR automation and documentation using PERL and PHP.
-Project lead for design, plan and implementation of new company network including hot standby site at a remote location for disaster recovery
-Team lead for migration of 200+ desktops, 50+ servers, 3 NT domains to Win2003 AD.
-Developed automation for hardware/software inventory collection, patch monitoring and system patching integration with Microsoft SUS.
-Implemented PHP based client support environment to interact with workflow engine.
-Implemented Web based UNIX SendMail/User Account Management using PHP and PERL.
-Implemented MRTG and NetVoyant based Performance monitoring for Windows Environment.
-Responsible for budgeting, vendor relationship, purchase and setup of company infrastructure equipment.
-Responsible for maintenance of 4 firewalls, 20+ switches and routers, 70+ servers including email servers (Sendmail and Exchange), DNS Servers (BIND and Win2003 DNS), Web Servers (IIS and Apache), Application Servers (BEA Weblogic) and Database Servers (SQL Server 2000 and MySQL) at 3 different sites.
-Management of client based IPSEC VPN and Site-to-site VPN (between PIX-PIX, Cisco RoutersPIX, Contivity-Contivity).
-Project lead for Exchange to Lotus Notes migration.
-Planned and implemented migration of 200+ users from Novell Groupwise/ Linux SMTP/POP to Exchange.
Iron Mountain, Collegeville, PA
10/1999 - 9/2000
- Coded custom PERL based SNMP traps for Open View.
- Responsible for maintenance of company firewall (Raptor), FTP Servers, external email servers (Sendmail and TFS), Internet web servers (Apache and Netscape) and load balancer (Alteon).
- Shell scripting using PERL for automation of daily tasks.
- Migration of 1500+ printers from OpenSpool to DAZEL.
- Responsible for automation of migration procedures.
Peregrine Systems, Inc., Warminster, PA
9/1997 - 9/1999
- Managed Peregrine Systems East Coast domains: 7 sites, 7 NT domains.
- Administrator for 150+ PC workstations in a mixed Novell 3.12 Microsoft NT environment.
- Implemented company wide Kixtart based login scripts.
- Installing, configuring, backing up, and maintaining 12 NT servers (Digital, Compaq, and HP) and 3 Novell Servers.
- Planned and implemented migration of 250+ users at corporate site from CC:Mail to Exchange.
- Installed and configured Oracle, SQL server and Sybase for both development and production use on Novell and NT servers.
- Installed proprietary facilities management software at client sites.
- Managed client database import, conversion and export and provided tablespace management, scheduled backups and user administration.
- Strategic and technical planning for company-wide Wide Area Network (WAN).
MBA in Management Information Systems, September 1997
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, June 1995
Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey
“Renaming a Domain”, WindowsNT Magazine, January 1999.
“Napster Uninstaller”, WindowsNT Magazine, September 2001.
“AINTX Toolset’s Cron Scheduler”, WindowsNT Magazine, September 2002.