Jan **** - Present
Oct **** - Dec 2012
Victor M. Ortiz
2223A Old Dominion Dr. Albany, GA 31721
email@example.com • 229-***-****
Experienced professional engineer with management experience seeking to lead a manufacturing plant or engineering team.
I have relevant experience in program management, engineering management, and strategic planning. I have over a decade's experience in management, and excel at hiring the right people and building effective teams. Trained in Lean/Six Sigma/Theory of Constraints principles as well as in CAD tools like SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
Marine Depot Maintenance Command, Albany, GA.
• Support processes at depot level to build/repair mobile facilities for different military branches.
• Managing project to transfer mobile facilities program from Coronado, CA to Albany, GA.
• Support processes at depot level to rebuild/repair land vehicles at two plant sites (Albany, GA and Barstow, CA).
• Worked on team to standardize rebuild/repair process for both plants. Executive Staffer
New Community, Chicago, IL.
• Managed a team of 10 staffers.
• Managed a team of volunteers for different programs.
• Developed Strategic Planning for 1year/5years.
Faith Alliance, DesPlaines, IL.
• Public Speaker on a weekly basis.
• Managed a team of 5 specialists.
• Managed a team of multiple volunteers.
• Chaired Board Meetings offering operational status including finances on a monthly basis.
• Planned and Conducted team building experiences yearly.
• Planned and Conducted yearly meetings to review vision, mission, goals and budget. Jan 2002 - Oct 2006
Jan 1999 - May 2001
Test Engineering Manager
Northrop Grumman Corp, Rolling Meadows, IL.
• Managed a team of 5 engineers and three technicians.
• Produced test fixtures for new products to be introduced in manufacturing.
• Performed preventive maintenance of manufacturing test equipment.
• Conducted research and executed purchases for test equipment acquisitions within budget.
• Regular contributor to design for manufacturability and testability reviews with design team. Program Manager
3COM, Rollling Meadows, IL.
• Managed corporate accounts in the Telecom Industry
• Customer meetings on a weekly basis for software bug reports and hardware issues
• Managed a team of engineers and technicians to perform installations/upgrades worldwide
• Technical contributor on Sales team for current and potential customers Education
Masters of Theology
Trinity International University
• Concentration in Pastoral Theology.
• Courses included organizational development and leadership. Masters of Divinity
Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary
• Concentration in Hermeneutics.
• Courses included textual analysis, organizational development and leadership. B.S. Electrical Engineering
University of Puerto Rico
• 5 year Engineering Program
• Emphasis on Computer Engineering (hardware/software) Other Activities
• Physical Fitness - Weightlifting and Running.
• Auto Mechanics.