[e] firstname.lastname@example.org [t] 647-***-**** [LinkedIn] andresjatar
** ****** ******, ***** ****, ON M6A 0B9.
March 11, 2019
RE: BIM Revit Coordinator
Dear Crystal Fountains Inc Hiring Committee,
Please consider my application for the BIM Revit Coordinator position with your company, Crystal Fountains Inc.
I am currently completing the BIM Management postgraduate certificate at George Brown College which focuses on the implementation, coordination and management of BIM standards and procedures in projects. Before that, I graduated from a four-year Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering at Universidad Rafael Urdaneta in Maracaibo, Venezuela. Also, in the meantime, I am part of the BIM research team at George Brown College which is working on modelling a neighbourhood using Revit. This project has given me the opportunity to improve my collaboration and coordination abilities when working with a high- performance team. For instance, when working on the central file of the project, it is highly valuable to establish clear and precise objectives to avoid interference among team members. This careful planning at the beginning of the project has had an impact on obtaining accurate schedules and quantity takeoff. I believe that with the experience and education I have gathered in the last years of professional career I am ready to take over this enriching opportunity of BIM Revit Coordinator with Crystal Fountains Inc. My experience in the field has given me a broader vision to effectively initiate, plan, execute and monitor and control projects. When I worked as an intern with Grupo Altus, C.A. in Venezuela, I had the opportunity to be exposed to a very traditional construction process of a building, where I could see the amount of rework that had to be done weekly due to the lack of collaboration between different disciplines. However, this experience offered me the chance to see and understand all the benefits of applying BIM from start to end of a project, as most of this rework can be avoided by using different coordination strategies.
Please see my resume for additional information of my professional experience. I can be reached anytime via email at email@example.com or at my cell phone 647-***-****. Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.
[e] firstname.lastname@example.org [t] 647-***-**** [LinkedIn] andresjatar 16 McAdam Avenue, North York, ON M6A 0B9.
OBJECTIVE: A passionate, enthusiastic and high-skilled professional with strong BIM and civil engineering education. Seeking a BIM role with a company that recognizes my virtues, experience and passion in the construction industry. SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Key Attributes: self-starter, team building, capability, analytical thinking, learns quickly.
• Exceptional leadership and team player skills, great oral/written communication, and high proficiency problem-resolution skills.
• Languages: English and Spanish.
• HIGHLIGHTS: Sharp problem solver, energetic work attitude, technology.
• Able to prepare a structural drawing package that included floor plans, sections, elevations and detail drawings as part of a college project. EDUCATION
Building Information Modelling Management
George Brown College. Toronto, Canada.
Expected August 2019
Selected courses: BIM Management, BIM Pre-Construction Visualization, Laser Scanning, BIM Revit Architecture, BIM Revit Structures, Revit Families.
Civil Engineering – Bachelor of Science
URU University. Maracaibo, Venezuela.
September 2013 – August 2017
Projects: Structural design of a nine-story concrete building using ETABS Selected courses: Structural design, sewage water treatment. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
BIM Research Project
George Brown College and Toronto Community Housing. Toronto, Canada. January 2019 – present
• Assisted in generating project point cloud from 200+ scans using Scene.
• Exported Recap file to Revit to model the houses, utility services and topography of the site.
• Created Revit schedules to quantify the information provided to the model.
• Collaborated with team members by working on a central file. Software Skills
IELTS Certificate, British Council,
Energy Management (University of
Toronto, expected August 2019)
(University of Toronto, expected
Resident Engineer (internship)
Grupo Altus, C.A. (Residential Construction). Maracaibo, Venezuela. January 2017 – May 2017
Galena high-rise residential building project of a 15-story tower. Value of project: $100,000.00
• Assisted in the coordination and supervision of the construction of floors 6th to 15th
• Calculated and estimated the quantity of concrete and structural rebar for upcoming work execution.
• Coordinated the workflow of different trades team (formwork, electrical and plumbing, concrete pouring).
• Coordinated all supplier deliveries and ensure the quantity and quality of material provided.
• Precisely maintained the daily progress reports of the work performed by different trades.
• Accelerated work performance by establishing daily and weekly goals.
• Managed to achieve the construction of one floor per week. OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Bose Corporation. Toronto, Canada.
March 2018 – November 2018
• Involved in competition among all stores in USA and Canada to obtain the maximum number of sales in an 8-week period.
• Engaged customers to obtain premium products.
• Coached new team members to help them get familiar with store products and improve selling skills.
• Managed to finish on the top 3 of the competition, achieving around $50,000.00 on sales of new products.
• Overall sales performances maintained after the competition, reflected on the achievement of monthly store goals.