- * -
Clifford S. Mann
Inspector III, Anaren Microwave 2016 - 2018
E. Syracuse, N.Y.
• Incoming inspection of circuit boards, in-house and vendor-provided material
• Transfer into stock for secondary operations or stock
• Issued non-conforming reports (NCR) for failed products
• Served on Material Review Board (MRB) for disposition of material that failed inspection
• In-process testing using XRF machine to determine thickness of metals, including gold and silver
• Used OGP (optical measuremind machine) with
coordinate measure machine (CMM) capability
• IPC-certified (International Printed Circuit)
Incoming Inspector, Specialty Welding and Fabrication (SWF) 2011 - 2016 Syracuse, N.Y.
• Quality responsibilities included NDT testing and 3D modeling software for inspection
• Served on MRB Board for Disposition of Materials
• Mainly inspected stainless steel hoppers
• On-site field inspection for faulty or malfunctioning machinery
• Surfaceplate inspection
Chief inspector, Greystone Inc. 2002-2010
• Managed and trained quality staff as required by ISO901 and automotive TS-16949 standards
• Monitored and improved processes and product specifications per customer contract and purchase order
• Responsible for all quality-related issues for internal and overseas operations.
• Interacted with Sales, Purchasing, and Engineering as the MRB (Material Review Board) representative
• Interacted with automotive engineers in Germany, Japan, and Sweden
• Taught Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning (GD&T) to inspectors under my supervision
Quality Inspector II, Honeywell Tech Solutions Inc. 2000-2002 Boston, Mass.
• Evaluated procedures for compliance to contractual and regulatory requirements for the Central Artery Project (Big Dig) in Boston, Mass.
• Interfaced with vendors for Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) on communication equipment throughout the project
• Ensured ongoing compliance within internal quality policies, practices and procedures utilizing Six Sigma Techniques
• Installation of basic Fiber Optics, Advanced Fiber Optics and Time Delays and Schedule Impact in Ted Williams Tunnel in Boston, Mass.
• Trained in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma Techniques, and Greenbelt
• Certified in QC/QA Inspection
- 2 -
Clifford S. Mann
5722 Bartell Rd Brewerton, NY 13029
WORK HISTORY (continued)
Senior Lead Inspector, Scougal Rubber 1998-2000
• Manufacturer of seismic bearings for bridge, highway and railroads, as well as many other commercial and military applications
• Assisted in writing quality manual, planning and test procedures
• Responsible for corrective acti9ns, internal audits, root cause analysis, and continuous process improvement
• Created statistical techniques (SPC) to establish, control and verify process quality, capability and product character
• Verified product design and capability per required testing and approved drawings
• Interfaced with customer/supplier approval activity and survey ratings
• Represented QA as MRB member, identified needs for training at all levels and emphasized quality awareness throughout the organization. Line inspector, QC Tech Production Products Company (PPC) 1994-1998 E. Syracuse, N.Y.
• Monitored procedures, work instructions, auditing, engineering requirements and documentation pertinent to the production floor
• Inspection of component, sub-assembly, and finished goods. Additionally, inspected for joint quality defects, correct componentry, and electrical testing for capacitance, resistance, continuity and sweep response
• Duties included scrap tracking, nonconforming material and rework
• Failure Mode Analysis was exorcised to determine root cause of defects and problem solving issues
United States Navy Honorable Discharge 1983-1987
• Home ported in Newport, R.I.
• SK Supply School, Meridian, Miss.
• Basic Underwater Demolition (BUDS) Coronado, Calif. EDUCATION
Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering 1996
Onondaga Community College, Syracuse, N.Y.
COMPUTER AND ELECTRONIC SKILLS
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Autocad 2012
• SolidWorks 2015 and
Adobe Professional CS
• LCR meter
• RF Network and Spectrum
• Stereo Microscope
• Surface Plate Smart Scopes
• Thread and Plug Gages
• Brown & Sharpe HighCheck
• Optical Comparator
• Rockwell Hardness Testing.