San Jose, CA
OBJECTIVE: Software QA Engineer
- 15+ years experience with black and white box testing, including testing of stand-alone, web-based
and client/server applications.
- Proficient at design and implementation of automation test suites from scratch.
- Experienced with programmatic advertising, GPS, email, security, graphics, medical insurance and
- Experience with functional, regression, load, performance and stress testing.
- Proficient with software development at all stages of the SDLC.
- Experience with writing test plans, test approaches and test cases.
O/S: Windows, Linux, Solaris 8 / 9, Mac 8 / 9 / X, Windows CE, Palm OS 3.5
AUTOMATION: Watir, QTP, Selenium Webdriver, Silk Test, LoadRunner, WinRunner, Visual Test
LANGUAGES: VBScript, Ruby, JAVA, 4Test, TSL, C, Perl, XML, HTML, FORTRAN
TOOLS: Git/GitHub, Perforce, JUnit, JSON, TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, SSH, SSL, Sniffer, Ethereal, Toad,
SQL Plus, Network / Performance Monitor, Drive Image, Partition Magic
DATABASES: Oracle 8 / 9 / 11, SQL 2000 / 2005 / 2008 / 2014
SERVERS: IIS, Sun ONE, Apache, DNS, MS Proxy, TEXTML Server
APPLICATIONS: Jira, Targetprocess, HP Quality Center, PVCS, Eclipse, Aptana, TestTrack Pro, BugTracker.NET, FileMaker, Bugzilla, TestDirector, VPN, Eudora, Lotus Notes, XML Notepad, Hex Editor, CruiseControl, Jenkins, Slack, Chef
SENIOR QA ENGINEER, COMET (Cox Media Technology), Redwood City, CA 01/15-11/18
Responsible for manual and automation testing of the company software, which connects buyers and sellers through a programmatic trading platform for Desktop/Mobile/Video advertising channels and verification JSON API responses.
-Wrote and manually executed test cases and test scenarios, maintained a Smoke Test script.
-Executed Ruby test scripts and Watir with Selenium Webdriver based Smoke Test script.
-Created Watir with Selenium Webdriver based Deal campaign and regular campaign scripts.
-Expanded Ruby script for SSP publishers, created Java script for monitoring system upgrades.
-Modified and migrated Smoke Test from Windows 8 to Windows 10 environment.
SENIOR QA AUTOMATION CONSULTANT, noHold, Milpitas, CA 10/09-11/14
Responsible for manual testing, automation test design, implementation from scratch
and maintenance for web based application using QTP (descriptive programming) and
Selenium Webdriver. Wrote test documentations for manual and automation testing.
- Integrated with the QTP framework using JUnit with Selenium Webdriver (Java)
to create compatibility test cases (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and IE).
- Created a QTP script to verify 500 pages with responses (sanity tests for production).
- Implemented BAT, sanity, function, and regression test suites (1400 test cases)
for an Agile development with database verifications and HTML test results.
- Created a QTP script to analyze the in-house NLP (Natural language processing)
tool with a MS Word based report containing embedded images.
- Manually tested Flash applications, BlackBerry phones / simulators, iPhone and
tablets (iPad, Samsung) with mobile software.
SENIOR QA AUTOMATION CONSULTANT, Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena, CA 12/08-10/09
Participated in automation design, implementation from scratch and testing of Sales and
Marketing web sites using QTP to cover around 500,000 test cases.
- Wrote the test automation plan and design documentation.
- Generated the GUI map for QTP using descriptive programming for an Ajax based
- Implemented a logical script to manage and run different combinations of
test cases or test suites based on zip code, state, family composition
(applicants, ages, genders) and prices for available plans.
- Created one data driven main script with Excel based input data (zip codes),
Excel based verification data (plans and prices) and HTML based result file.
- Wrote a library of functions, subroutines and objects for easy maintenance.
SENIOR QA ENGINEER / AUTOMATION LEAD, Infoblox, Santa Clara, CA 11/05-11/08
Was responsible for the full development of Silk Test framework from scratch
(function, regression and performance test suites) for the JWS desktop application
running on the Linux.
- Wrote automation test plans, and function/regression/performance test cases.
- Led the Silk Test automation team to create 5000 test cases with HTML reports.
- Created 800 performance and scalability test cases using Silk Test.
- Modified include files and maintained test suites (110 hours run time).
- Reviewed code and integrated co-workers (local and offshore) test cases into Perforce.
- Saved the company $45,000 by teaching classes to 15 co-workers on Silk Test.
SQA AUTOMATION CONSULTANT, Atroad, Fremont, CA 04/05-11/05
Was responsible for the design and creation of an automated regression framework
from scratch (800 test cases) using Silk Test with bitmap, content and function verification
of a JSP based application for GPS services.
- Modified an in-house Perl scripts and simulated data in the Oracle database.
QA BUSINESS SYSTEMS CONSULTANT, Wells Fargo Bank, San Francisco, CA 06/04-10/04
Participated in alpha and beta system testing of project Check 21 allowing
the company to process virtual checks for payment in place of original checks.
- Was responsible for manual, functional, regression and compatibility testing.
- Ran and modified the automation test suits and cases using WinRunner.
SQA ENGINEER, Tumbleweed Communications, Redwood City, CA 12/00-06/03
Was responsible for the manual, automation, UI, functional, regression and
compatibility testing (OS / browsers / email clients) for all projects.
Wrote test plans, test approaches and test cases.
- Participated in alpha and beta testing of Web Filter (content, virus and malicious code
filtering server), MMS (content filtering, anti-virus and anti-spam email firewall) and
IME (URL-based secure email application server) applications for Windows and Solaris.
- Created test suite using Silk Test (200 test cases) to setup the test environment.
- Created 3000 test cases to verify REST API (POST/GET) using a Java-based automation tool.
- Wrote TSL scripts and used LoadRunner for load and performance testing.
SQA TESTER CONSULTANT, Access Softek, Berkeley, CA 08/00-11/00
Participated in testing of the "NetSmart Money" web-based finance application.
- Designed and developed a Silk Test script to provide 24/7 monitoring of an application.
M.S.E.E. Bauman State Technical University Moscow, Russia
B.S.C.S. University of Electronic Technology Moscow, Russia