Irving, TX 75063
● Over 17 years of experience working for C Level Management
● Over 12 years of experience writing, interpreting and implementing state and federal laws, rules and regulations
● Experience in conducting financial and program services audits to include corrective action plans, disallowances and deferrals of funding
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Access, Power Point and Excel, Creating Tables, Charts and Spreadsheets and Outlook Calendaring with the ability to understand the relationship behind the meeting. Including Excel budgeting experience to include pivot tables, V-Lookup and tracking expenditures.
● Strong organizational and time management skills, which includes relationship management as it relates to managing other people's time.
● Strong customer service skills, very comfortable on the phone Work Experience:
07/2018 – Present Office Team Temporary Services Irving, TX
● Contract executive assistant positions while considering several opportunities that have been presented to me. I have taken assignments, performing administrative duties such as sorting mail, filing/scanning documents, taking phone calls, creating spreadsheets, charts and graphs, arranging meetings and meeting space, calendar management, monitoring emails and social media for follow up and customer service. Currently at McKesson as part time receptionist and receptionist for an assisted living facility in Grapevine, Texas
05/2017 – 06/2018 BayMark Health Services Lewisville, TX
● Support the Chief Operating Officer by providing Financial and Program Policy technical assistance
● Plan, coordinate subject materials, presentations for three Executive leadership and other full staff meetings
● Prepare financial and/or budget analyses reports
● Research and resolve inquiries and/or complaints sent to the office
● Compose correspondences, memos, speeches, presentations, audits and reports on program issues 04/2014 – 04/2017 Office Team Temporary Services Irving, TX
● Contract executive assistant positions while considering several opportunities that have been presented to me, while taking care of an ill family member. I performed Administrative duties such as sorting mail, filing/scanning documents, taking phone calls, creating spreadsheets, charts and graphs. Contracts have included receptionist for health management entities, concierge for assisted living centers, special projects for rehabilitation hospitals, while working as a hostess at local fine dining restaurants.
04/1994– 3/2014 Health and Human Service Commission Austin, TX Centers for Medicare & Medicaid -Financial Executive Assistant
● Supported Regional Manager. Provided Financial and Program Policy technical assistance
● Completed financial audits and information scanning, analysis and reporting
● Reviewed State submissions including State Plan Amendments, Waivers, Quarterly Budget and Expenditure reports, Cost Allocation Plans and completions of Financial Reviews and Audits.
● Provided technical assistance to state and federal stakeholders by researching state and federal rules and regulations.
● Maintained suspense files for follow up items for the Leadership Team and coordinate and ensure completion.
Medicaid and CHIP Division- Chief of Staff
● Performed complex management of daily operational and programmatic activities for the Medicaid and CHIP Director and Division (MCD).
● Developed and reviewed the financial and programmatic policies and procedures and audits in support of the division goals, state and federal guidelines, legislation, and operating plan to improve services and look for opportunities for cost savings.
● Oversaw the Quality Assurance staff and support staff for the Medicaid Director’s office. Medicaid and CHIP Provider Support-Special Assistant
● Planned, coordinate subject materials, presentations for three Executive leadership and other full staff meeting.
● Prepared financial and/or budget analyses reports
● Researched and resolved inquiries and/or complaints sent to the office.
● Represents the Associate Commissioner by participating in planning sessions, committee meetings, stakeholder workgroups and various conferences.
● Composed correspondences, memos, speeches, presentations, and reports on Medicaid program issues.
HHSC Family Health –Executive Assistant
● Performed executive support by managing daily operational activities for the Division for Family Health. Responsibilities included program initiatives, issues and response for multiple Medicaid Women’s and Children’s health programs.
● Coordinated, planned, and attended senior staff meetings and program briefings.
● Brief the Associate Commissioner on critical topics, projects, federal guidelines, and legislative mandates for Women and Children’s Medicaid issues.
● Research, organize and compile information and brief the Associate Commissioner on topics needed for the Executive Board meetings.
● Managed special projects and made recommendations for improvement by writing new policy, revising and editing current policies.
HHSC Health Facility Licensing Division-Licensing Specialist
● Administrative support and served as resource liaison for Texas Medical Disclosure Panel and respond to inquiries from legal representatives, hospitals, legislative staff and the public regarding Chapter 601, Informed Consent.
● Completed duties relating to the state licensure operation and Medicare federal certification of Home and Community Support Agencies, Hospitals, End Stage Renal Disease Facilities, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Abortion Facilities and Birthing Centers
● Organized and formulated statistical data and information in preparation of the LBB budget/fiscal justifications, special reports, vendor contracts, analysis of licensing fees, legislature purposes and operations effectiveness.
Prior Experience Includes:
● 7 years supporting CEO and CFO of an award winning Ford Dealership
● 3 years supporting 2 Executive Division Directors of a Premier Westin Resort
● 2 years supporting the President of the Southwest's Regional Office of the Lutheran Church Job Related Training:
● Time Management, Microsoft Project Management, How to Solve Conflict in the Work Place, Writing Emails for Business, Excel, Ethics Training, Productive Team Member Skills, Internal Controls and Doing Risk Assessments