An innovative and experienced Supply Chain Management professional for over twenty years, adept at evaluating situations and leading change. In addition, a detailed, result oriented team player with vast knowledge of database and Microsoft Office tools + experience with relevant technology/software; with strong electrical engineering, math and analytic inclination. Extensive knowledge of best processes in the public administration, and digital communications.
Committed to identifying and implementing continuous improvements in the operations and management of the SCM-Warehouse/Transportation and Supply Logistics.
MTA, NYC Transit, Division of Supply Logistics NY, NY Computer Specialist-I 2003 - Present
•Created a new electronic data entry worksheet with automatic calculations and reports for supervisors in the Satellite Storeroom, submitting weekly activity reports—initiative was efficient and cost effective, adopted by all Storeroom locations.
•Developed using MetaViewer and Excel for storeroom’s Inventory/Dollar Value report in bin location order to accomplish counting and binning the material; enhances cycle count efficiency and accuracy.
•Coordinate various training schedules: TALON, Safety, Computers and Professional training, including the State Mandated Trainings, etc. Developed cost-effective initiatives including creation of an MS Access Database for automatic identifying the training deficits for new and existing employees.
•Perform budget analysis, forecasting for supplies. Manage orders and distribution.
•Provide hardware/software support and manage Southern Operations requirements for computer system. Function as primary liaison to senior management and intra-divisional issues and ensured a consistently positive work experience
•Help maintain the mileage record of all the vehicles assigned to SFO
MTA, New York City Transit, Division of Supply Logistics NY, NY
Associate Transit Management Analyst 1998-2003
• Duties included as mentioned above
MTA, New York City Transit, Division of Operations & Planning, System Data & Research NY, NY
Asst. Transit Management Analyst 1995-1998
• Performed system data analysis and data modeling under Oracle RDBMS/Developer-2000 and MS Office environment
• Produced service performance indicators based on the outcome of statistical relational reports.
• Supervised and evaluated traffic data to help ensure valid data collection in compliance to the Authority’s rules and regulations
• Duties included application support, hardware/software installation, and System Administration
MTA, New York City Transit, CPM, Communications Engineering Design, NY, NY
Assistant Electrical Engineer (Lead Design Engineer) 1992-1995
• Designed and developed the Automatic Vehicle Location and Control System (AVLC Project; W-33016) based on GPS Satellites, Dead Reckoning, and Map-Matching techniques.
• Prepared drawings and spes. (RFP, SOW, and RFI) for the procurement of CAD System, replacement of Land/Mobile equipment including Mobile/Portable train carried radios, base stations, and carrier equipment.
• Worked on the project for the modernization of RTO Command Center providing fiber optic link between CAD consoles, carrier systems and base stations.
• Developed user requirements in coordination with different departments & divisions of the Authority (ISD, SMS, AFC, Surface and Rapid Transit-operations), including potential vendors and contractors.
• Prepared concerning contracts design, cost negotiation, update on AWO, extension of time and payments
• Supervised installation, testing and commissioning of high tension switch gear, power transformer, back-up batteries, fire detection system, and splicing of power/communication cables.
• Prepared as-built field prints and checked mylars.
• Organized and coordinated G.Os.as per Authority’s flagging requirements.
Business School NY, NY
Adjunct Professor 2003 - Present
Teach students in the areas of college and developmental mathematics, computer information technology, Local Area Network (LAN) hardware/software, public administration, and business management.
• Motivate learners to keep high academic standard, which also helps in student retention and enhance enrollment.
Motorola C&E Inc. NY, NY
System Integrator and Programmer 1989-1992
• Supervised and managed six technicians in the design and development of the Communication Systems for private and government agencies.
• Coordinated the activities between client, C.R.C. Network & Product Group, subcontractors, and private vendors to furnish and install a four site 800 MHz Trunked Simulcast Radio Network including a fully fault tolerant prime site
• Design and implemented a test plan for a “Smart” radio interface box for use in the field and in-house testing
• Administered tutorial sessions for installation and maintenance of Motorola service and programming software packages.
New York Hospital NY, NY
Electronics Engineer 1988-1989
• Installed and maintained Novell based LAN System, PC’s software/hardware and associated peripherals.
• Duties included System Administration and maintenance of the wireless radio communications network
• Supervised a team of five technicians for the installation and maintenance of Card Access System, CCTV, Security Alarm Systems, and Land/Mobile equipment; fault analyses in the mixed vendor environment down to the component level with/without schematics
SKILLS & ACTIVITIES
• Twenty years of diverse experience in supply logistics operations and management, materiel procurement, supervising budget, as well as teaching in the areas of math, business management, public administration, and computers/hardware/software/telecommunications.
• Efficient in MS Office suite, Internet/Intranet-HTML & JAVA Script, and AVLC/ATS.
• Ability to perform Statistical Data Analysis, efficient in the processes and the methodologies applied for Data Collection, Report Generation (MS Access), and System Administration.
Saint Peter’s University
MBA (Management Information System)
Manipal Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
References: Available upon request.