New York-11220 email@example.com
• NYU Tandon School of Engineering, USA CGPA: 3.37/4 MS, Computer Science, August 2016 – May 2018
• Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, India CGPA: 7.84/10 BE, Computer Science Engineering, July 2012 – May 2016 TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
• Research Intern at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. May-June 2015 Developed software for scraping data from online matrimonial websites. The data scraped was later studied to analyse the diversity of the Online Indian Matrimonial Sector. This was followed by the launch of an android Matrimonial application ‘Marrily’.
Technology Used: Crawler4j, Java, Microsoft Excel, Data Analytics.
• Software Developer Intern at Robosapiens, India. May-June 2013 Worked on face recognition and tracking using Voila Jones Algorithm in a pre-recorded video or live sessions using a webcam. Worked on a security system that could open computer files and folders by detecting and recognizing human faces.
Technology Used: MATLAB, Machine Learning, Security. PROJECTS
• NYPD Crime Data and Accident Data Analysis December 2017 Performed data cleaning and analysis of the NYPD Crime data and compared results using the NYPD Accident dataset. Technology Used: Hadoop, Python, Jupyter notebook.
• MySQL backed website ‘FastFunds’ April 2017
Developed a MySQL-backed website ‘FastFunds’ using PHP and HTML and hosted it on AWS cloud. Technology Used: MySQL, PHP, HTML, AWS EC2.
• Cloud based iOS app ‘Travelogger’ December 2016
Developed a completely scalable, cloud based iOS photo sharing application using Amazon Web Services. The app is capable of suggesting hashtags using its built-in auto-suggestion box and simultaneously suggest to users photos of near- by locations using their geolocation coordinates.
Technology Used: Node.js, Python, Swift 3.0, Amazon Web Services— Cognito, Lambda, Dynamo DB, Elastic Search etc.
• Document Classification Using Deep Learning Techniques August 2015-May 2016 Studied text mining the product reviews and classifying them as positive or negative using convolutional deep neural networks by collecting the data (product reviews) from net using web crawlers and developing algorithm and code for the same.
Technology Used: Crawler4j, Java, Microsoft Excel, Senti WordNet. LANGUAGES AND TECHNOLOGIES
• Languages: Java, C++, MATLAB, Action Script 3.0, HTML, PHP.
• Others: Eclipse, Turbo C++, MATLAB, Flash Developer, AWS. CERTIFICATIONS
• Cleared Oracle Certification for JAVA SE6 Programmer in August, 2014. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND AWARDS
• Teaching Assistant for ‘Discrete Mathematics’ and ‘Foundations of Computer Science’ at NYU.
• Lectured the undergraduate course ‘Discrete Mathematics’ during Spring’17 and Summer’17 at NYU. SCHOLASTIC ACHIEVEMENTS
• Awarded a Graduate scholarship of USD 5,000 per year for pursuing higher education in the USA.
• Was among top 5% students from 1.2 million students who took AIEEE examination in 2012 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Examination for admission to engineering colleges all over the country.
• Received Award for Academic Excellence for achieving more than 90% in All India Secondary School Examination. SOCIAL WORK AND CO-CURRICULAR
• Awarded a Certificate of Recognition from school principal for teaching underprivileged children under the school program ‘Gyan Jyotika’.
• Trained in classical music from Prayag Sangeet Samiti, securing a rank of 3 in a batch of 50 students. POSITION OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Coordinated the sponsorship, design and publicity for the undergraduate technical fest, Techvibes’15 and Techvibes’16. SUNIDHI SHUKLA