ANA MARIA RAMIREZ
Seek a position in the educational field as a Science, Language Arts and SpanishTutor where I can utilize my skills, education and working experience in order to be a valuable asset to an organization.
• 10+ years experience in the educational fields instructing and tutoring several academic subjects such as English, Math, and Science to different age groups from 6 to 50 years old (school & home tutoring).
• Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, compassion and sensitivity when working with diverse audiences
• Results-oriented, team player and the ability to tactfully discuss complaints/issues effectively
• Excellent transferable skills from other fields. I have worked in the areas of customer relations, communications
and quality services
• Plan, coordinate and organize educational programs
• Training and supervising skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish): Interpreting and translating
Engineering Electronics Instructor
AES Programs after school, Bermuda Dunes, CA 2018-present.
Spanish Medical Interpreter (On call)
Hanna Interpreting Services, Coachella Valley, CA 2016-present
Providing Medical interpretation and Translation from English to Spanish and Spanish to English in courts, hospitals, clinics and office specialties.
Legal Interpreter (on call)
Fiat Luxx Interpreting Services, Palm Springs, CA. 2016-2018
Providing legal interpretation and Translation into the Spanish Language in government agencies.
Volunteer Interpreter (On Call/Seasonal)
Gilda's Club- Palm Desert, CA 2014-present
• Provide medical/social interpretation services for patients & healthcare providers in hospitals, clinics, and foundations
• Translate procedural information to facilitate understanding between doctors and patients.
Tutor (On call/seasonal)
ACE Tutoring/Desert Cities, CA 2008-2016
• Improving English learners, Writing, Reading Comprehension/Vocabulary skills, Mathematics, Science, and home tutoring .
English and Math. Tutor
Riverside County Office of Education- Indio, CA 2002 - 2008
• Motivate outside students to complete their High School Diploma and guide them in the process of their future
education. Assist students in the subjects of Math, Language Arts, English, and other related areas.
Coachella Valley Unified SD-Coachella, CA 2002- 2005
• Planning and organizing educational programs in Science, Math, and Language Arts with students from Elementary through Adult School.
Manufacturing Operations Manager
Earthrise Nutritionals-Calipatria, CA. 2000 - 2002
• Supervise manufacturing of dietary supplements from microalgae's.
• Leadership Training and Implementation in Educational Fields: UC Irvine, Irvine CA
• Analytical Reading, Writing Skills, Public Speaking Advanced Writing and Astronomy : College of the Desert, Palm Desert, CA
• Certificate of Medical and Court Interpreter School of Interpretation, Santa Fe Springs, CA
• Bachelors Degree in Science and Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Approved by California State Board of Education since2002 .
SKILLS - Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Power Point, and multitasks clerical skills.
AWARD - Teacher of the Month (2004), John Kelly Elementary School, Coachella, CA.