Passionate, detail-oriented art director with 10+ years of experience. Lead the design team at United Online, India. Expert in Adobe CC, brand strategy, written and verbal communication. Developed logos, iconography, marketing collateral, UI designs, email templates and ad campaigns for businesses.
Art Director / Brand Designer
Freelance/Self employed - Butler, NJ. February 2008 to Present
Consistently achieving effective, empathetic design solutions.
• Designed book jackets and paperback covers, retouched and color-corrected art and photography.
• Developed new branding.
• Designed icons, researched stock photography and applied advanced image manipulation techniques to help add visual impact to the content
• Designed covers that were successful on book shelves and praised by the authors - researched and commissioned illustrators and photographers - conceived and executed complicated special effects for book covers to maximize the shelf impact - fine-tuned color at the press before printing
• Designed and developed different signs and designs.
• Developed media and marketing promotional packages.
• MS Office
• Idea Generation & Storyboards
• Branding and Marketing Collateral
• Print design
• UI / Responsive design
• Email design
• Layout and composition
• Written and verbal communication
• Effective time management
• Goal setting
• Logo and branding for a non-profit, 'Manaviya'
• Tableware designs for Amscan, a division of Party City
• Handled the production of picture books for Priority Publishing, India
• Created unique artwork for the Ishi Systems anniversary representing the company values
• Logo and branding for vibgyor creations
• Book production - '52 Weeks of Yoga' by Gwen McCarthy
• Picture Book production - 'How Mr. Rat Got His Cheese' by Isabelle Burge. To be released in 2019
Assistant Manager, Creative Services
United Online, Inc. - Hyderabad, Telangana July 2005 to December 2007
spearheaded the charge of delivering print and web projects in an optimum fashion maintaining effective, seamless communication across international teams.
• Designed and executed Ad campaigns for major clients/partners.
• Trained and managed a team of designers.
• Researched design trends to optimize solution delivery.
Senior Graphic Designer, Creative Services
Juno Online Software Development Services, Inc. - Hyderabad, Telangana November 2000 to July 2005
Addressed gaps in training and performance within the design team. Helped find cost effective strategies to achieve optimum results.
• Designed the company mascot
• Took charge of finding and optimizing strategies for print and web content
• Designed regular internal training sessions
Graphic Designer, Creative Services
Juno Online Software Development Services, Inc. - Hyderbad, Telangana July 2000 to November 2000
• Single handedly conceptualized and executed a successful ad campaign for a leading auto manufacturer.
• Was at the helm of creating web content for all the major affiliates.
• Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator / Macromedia Flash and Dreamweaver authority.
Navayuga Infotech Pvt. Ltd. - Hyderabad, Telangana January 1999 to June 2000
Led the charge for the design and layout of the companyâ€™s print and online content. Photoshop and Dreamweaver authority. Point of contact for the developers and the QA teams.
Diploma in Graphic Design
Billy Blue School of Graphic Arts - Sydney NSW February 2007 to July 2007
Diploma in Computer Programming
National Institute of Information Technology - hyderbad, Telangana June 1996 to May 1998
Bachelor of Science in Botany, Zoology and Chemistry
Osmania University - hyderbad, Telangana July 1992 to April 1995
Adobe Photoshop (10+ years), Adobe Illustrator (10+ years), Adobe InDesign (9 years), Microsoft Office (5 years), Typography, Graphic Design
Picture Book writer/illustrator:
Deeply passionate about creating high quality illustrations and stories that compliment each other. Represented by Mike Hoogland of Dystel, Goderich & Bourrett LLC.